Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Dinner time

San Diego but living in Dubai, UNITED ARAB EMIRATE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Dinner time

Grilling duties last night for a party of 25-30. My sister-in-law likes to over-do it a bit.

A massive pile of minced lamb kebabs, a bucket of tandoor style chicken kebabs, dozens of prawn skewers, literally over 100 lamb chops, a mountain of baby back ribs, mixed bean salad, coleslaw salad and 2 dozen deviled eggs.

Here's the kicker....she so over-does it that she now has soooo much left over meat and really no place to put it......and she's a vegetarian...[:@]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pn37529.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	1723229   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ni24379.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	1723230  
    The rest of your life starts now. Go Live It!

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow. Sounds like a great spread. How long did that end up taking to grill such a massive amount of food? Hopefully you had access to a second, or even a third, grill and didn't have to do it all on one!
    "The American taxpayer has always been politicaly deceived. It's their Birthright!"
    Lord Mountjoy, 'The Mouse on the Moon'

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

About 4 hours of tong time frets. And I only had that one grill in the pic. It was hectic, but she has a large oven so I was able to 'hold' everything in it without it drying up. The prawns were the last thing to hit the fire. I've worked in 'real' kitchens so I've learned a few tricks..[:-]

What did the frets family get up to for Superbowl eats?

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yep, that's a long time to be manning the grill! Having that experience and awareness of "timing" is a great advantage in any cooking operation.

Didn't do much for the game day...pro sports has really worn me out lately with all of their squabbling over the money, outrageous ticket prices, bilking the tax payer to build their "office" for them, prima donna or thug like behaviours from the players, not much better from the owners.......

We have the Panthers and the Bobcats here in Charlotte with beautiful stadiums that have caused a huge spike in my property and local sales taxes due to city's contribution to the cause and I still can't get a single ticket for under $200. Just not seeing the value in $800 plus parking and eats to take the boys to a 2 hour game and a 4 hour traffic jam. Used to go to the Bengals and the Reds games a bunch when we were in Cinncy and we could get in and out for less than $45 each; @$70 in today's dollars.

Anyway, I hit the flying field for a couple hours expecting to find it vacant...met eight or ten of my mates who figured the same thing Then chewed sawdust in the model shop in the evening as the wife went to a movie with a bunch of her friend who were ''widowed'' for the evening due to the game. Good day all in all!
    "The American taxpayer has always been politicaly deceived. It's their Birthright!"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Someone at work mentioned Mac n Cheese yesterday.....so.....[&:]

Name:	Ig11468.jpg 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	1725244  

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks yummy!! That just makes me want to jump right up and throw a bunch of cheese in the skillet and brown it....I love baked cheese in any form!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

double post "error 500"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yup....had a few of those recently....when RCU has actually responded....but that's for another thread.....[:-]

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I saw your other thread on the possibility of moving back stateside. Didn't really see any overt political stuff that Foxy refered to...shame he/she shut it down[&o] I'm here in Charlotte where the humidity is high in summer, mild in winter and there is no in between...we tend to skip fall and spring. I'm sure you'll find a good fit where ever you land. But, man-o-man, is that a huge move or what!!?? I only had a couple years worth of a life to have to move from the UK and that was a gigantic task. Can't even begin to imagine trying to pick and choose in your move!![X(]

Good luck with it all, best wishes and prayers are with you!.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for that frets. I'm used to no seasons, it's a lot like Dubai. You get HOT and you get mild. And it never really gets THAT cold where I am. There's no spring or fall to speak of really here.

Having said that I do enjoy little things like watching the leafs change and stuff.....but deff not the raking of leafs like you have to endure [:@]. Oh well, I guess that's what kids / allowance is for, eh?

BTW, Foxy is a male.

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Time to trim some moo flesh....

Getting ready for Valentines Dinner. Steak and Lobster.[8D]

Name:	Nl29755.jpg 
Size:	104.6 KB 
ID:	1726495   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Av67345.jpg 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	1726496   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ej13230.jpg 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	1726497  

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the clarification on Foxy...I get him confused with a girl mod that I haven't seen in a while-forget her screen name though; seemed like it was Asian.

Steak and lobster sounds great! Do you get the large clawed deep/cold water type there or is it the warmer water rock lobster? (fresh or frozen?)

Forgot that I had replaced the defective bat in the camera 'til well into the meal.....rotisserie grilled pork loin with cheese covered baked cualiflower. Your mac and cheese got me thinking about it!

Name:	Qo39445.jpg 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	1726648   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lg17750.jpg 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	1726649  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Think you're talking about Anomi, but she's no longer a mod here....but I do know she lurks...[8D]

I get my lobster from the same wholesaler I get that tenderloin, my ribs and pork shoulder. It's soooo much cheaper to buy from him in bulk than the neatly sliced and packaged single steaks you get in the stores. It's not the big clawed deep/cold water versions unfortunately, but they are flash frozen on the boat so still very good quality when cooked.

Hmmmm...cauliflower and cheese bake....now that gives me an idea for a side for tonight's dinner. Rather than normal baked potatoes, I'll do potatoes au gratin with tomatoes and spring onions....which also happen to all be organic . Thanks for that frets.

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks like this Friday I get to cook some goodies for us, seeing as how it is two years since we started dating and a belated Valentine's day due to schedules.

I am going to grill up some New York strip steaks, some twice baked potatoes and probably some steamed broccoli and/or cauliflower. I will post pics when I get it done! Then I will break out the old Hershey's chocolate fondue pot and some strawberries, maybe get some use out of the dusty wine glasses and grab a nice Eiswein to top it off. I can't wait
    Tekno Losi 8ight II Slash 4X4 II HPI Blitz II Associated B4.1 II Losi Mini-T II Custom frame AX10 II Axial G6

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: frets24

I saw your other thread on the possibility of moving back stateside. Didn't really see any overt political stuff that Foxy refered to...shame he/she shut it down[&o]

I saw no politics either, either overt or covet. Perhaps paranoia from the mod? It had all the signs of an interesting thread and one potentially very helpful to a person with RC interests contemplating a move to the US. Shame it's gone.

Perhaps this thread needs to steer away from any discussion of ethnic or regional dishes. Might not be PC.

jess

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ready for the grill. Sorry, everyone was too excited to eat by the time it was all plated up, I spaced on taking a pic of the completed projects..[:@]

Name:	Vt57971.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	1727285  

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

Ready for the grill. Sorry, everyone was too excited to eat by the time it was all plated up, I spaced on taking a pic of the completed projects..[:@]
    HeeHee! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that has that happen! Must've been excellent, according to the family vote!!

PS. Yes, Anomi is the one I was thinking of.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here's what happens to the 'scraps' from the tenderloin......

Name:	Jh15468.jpg 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	1727369   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nj25279.jpg 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	1727370  

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

AT the beginning of this week, one of the members of staff threw down a sweets 'baking' challenge. We submit our entries tomorrow morning...[&:]

Name:	Ge94134.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	1727371   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wr55001.jpg 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	1727372   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pu51363.jpg 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	1727373   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ys50645.jpg 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	1727374  

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Result!! Apple Pie takes gold medal in the first ever Dubai 92 / Virgin Radio / Dubai Eye Bake Off!

Name:	Xv63328.jpg 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	1727656  

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well deserved too! Doesn't look as if anyone else did anything more than mix the contents of a box. I'm beginning to see a bit of a pattern here...it seems that you tend to take most things to the 'next level" in a good, fun and healthy way; not like OCD or anything I really like that in a person. If it's someone I employ, they are the ones that never have to ask for a raise...it just shows up on their checks!

edit for sbelingg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Kind world frets, thank you .

Wish my boss felt the same way you do..

What would someone who works for you be doing anyway???[&:]

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The steak I ended up getting were flat iron, and they ended up being so tender I could cut mine with a fork! I also marinaded them with this Jim Beam marinade I was given as an Xmas gift, it went perfect. It was honestly one of the best steaks I have ever had, and slooowwwww grilled too! For sides I steamed some broccoli florets and added butter and salt, and tried a first for sides: twice baked potatoes. Recipe for those as follows:

Take some fresh baking potatoes. ventilate them a bit with a fork, and microwave them until tender. Then split them long ways, but not all the way thru. Scoop out the insides and mix them in a large bowl with butter, milk, shredded sharp cheddar, and crumpled bacon. No amounts recorded, just until you acheive proper consistency and you have however much cheese and bacon you like. Preheat the oven to 375* F and bake them until cheese is melted and the tops start to brown. Very simple, tasty, hearty and make plenty because we ended up eating all of them haha

Notes: Sorry for the spotty recipe, 95% of what I cook, i play it by ear

Also, we aren't small, and neither are our appetites. Our plates are actually platters so portions look smaller in pics

Name:	Ca80753.jpg 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	1728759   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dy79610.jpg 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	1728760  
    Tekno Losi 8ight II Slash 4X4 II HPI Blitz II Associated B4.1 II Losi Mini-T II Custom frame AX10 II Axial G6

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

The steak I ended up getting were flat iron, and they ended up being so tender I could cut mine with a fork! I also marinaded them with this Jim Beam marinade I was given as an Xmas gift, it went perfect. It was honestly one of the best steaks I have ever had, and slooowwwww grilled too! For sides I steamed some broccoli florets and added butter and salt, and tried a first for sides: twice baked potatoes. Recipe for those as follows:

Take some fresh baking potatoes. ventilate them a bit with a fork, and microwave them until tender. Then split them long ways, but not all the way thru. Scoop out the insides and mix them in a large bowl with butter, milk, shredded sharp cheddar, and crumpled bacon. No amounts recorded, just until you acheive proper consistency and you have however much cheese and bacon you like. Stuff the mash back inside each potato skin. Preheat the oven to 375* F and bake them until cheese is melted and the tops start to brown. Very simple, tasty, hearty and make plenty because we ended up eating all of them haha

Notes: Sorry for the spotty recipe, 95% of what I cook, i play it by ear

Also, we aren't small, and neither are our appetites. Our plates are actually platters so portions look smaller in pics

Sorry for double post, i hit quote instead of edit, I forgot to add the fact that you have to re-stuff the skins before baking the second time

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That looks seriously luscious Fahrt. Keeping it simple is always the best, lets the quality in the product shine.

Twice baked potatoes, haven't had those in a very long time. That's going to have to go on the menu sometime this week. Thanks for the inspiration.

Wish I could get some JB marinade products out here [&o].

Team Terribles

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast