Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Dinner time

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Dinner time

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

That looks seriously luscious Fahrt. Keeping it simple is always the best, lets the quality in the product shine.
    I'll second that! Very yummy indeed

In answer to your quetion above: "What would someone who works for you be doing anyway??? "

I'm one of two in a small plumbing company partnership, so the guys who work for us to plumbing installations mainly.
    We employ 5-7 helpers and plumbers through out the year; mostly on the commercial side of the bus. which my partner runs. I do 95% of the residential, new and remodel, work and all of the comercial and residential service work as well as any warranty issues that seldom come up. Most of the time I work alone and don't have to look after any helpers on my end though I do "borrow" a helper or enlist the aid of the other 1/2 of the Co. in a pinch. That said, I do maintain supervisory control and visit the commercial projects on a frequent and regular basis due to the fact that I am the license holder so, I get a chance to see the performance and value of each member of the team and have a good deal of influence on the pay rates.
    "The American taxpayer has always been politicaly deceived. It's their Birthright!"
    Lord Mountjoy, 'The Mouse on the Moon'

San Diego but living in Dubai, UNITED ARAB EMIRATE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice!

Weird that you mention plumbing. The plumbers just left my apartment..HA!!

My two kitchen sinks were backed up. I was going to sort it out, but the wife insisted I call the maintenance guys to sort it out because it's a rental, and a compound, managed by a company....so...they just left after sorting the pipes out.

It would seem my maid is pouring grease down the sink.....[:@]
    The rest of your life starts now. Go Live It!

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Tekno Losi 8ight II Slash 4X4 II HPI Blitz II Associated B4.1 II Losi Mini-T II Custom frame AX10 II Axial G6

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Tekno Losi 8ight II Slash 4X4 II HPI Blitz II Associated B4.1 II Losi Mini-T II Custom frame AX10 II Axial G6

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the link Fahrt, the problem would be getting it into the country though. Even with a liquor license, I'm only allowed to buy alcohol or alcohol inclusive products from authorized shops or bring a very limited amount in with me through the airport. Don't think getting it mailed to me would sit nicely with the concerned authorities. [&o]

I even have to buy red or white wine vinegar from those authorized shops.

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Last night were my (household) famous steak wraps.

Warm a burrito size tortilla till soft
    spread with home made dijonaise
    lay down some pepper jack cheese
    follow that with slices of grilled fillet steak
    sliced red onion
    sliced avocado
    shredded lettuce

Wrap it up closing one end and enjoy [8D]

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Om34529.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	1730278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lg16033.jpg 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	1730279   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ua70787.jpg 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	1730280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zt52381.jpg 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	1730281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wh56735.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	1730282  

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think a steak wrap done that way would be famous anywhere....Look at the size of that chunk of flesh!!! If there was a resturaunt that would put an 8-10oz slab-o-beef in a tortilla shell like that I would wager it would be a hit
    "The American taxpayer has always been politicaly deceived. It's their Birthright!"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Funny you mention that frets.

Before my current career I was in F&B working at sister restaurants here in Dubai. One was a Tex-Mex owned by a guy from Houston of Mexican origin. The other was a Texas BBQ/Blues restaurant.

Anyway, there was one client that would come in for lunch every single day. It didn't take long for him to try everything on the menu. One day he asked me if I could do anything 'different' for him. I asked him if he liked steak and he said yes. I told him I had an idea, but would have to charge him for a steak dinner. He said no probs. So I jump into the trenches and proceed to make this for him, totally overstuffed and served with a good sized side of fries. It was an instant hit and he ordered that thing for like 2 weeks straight for his lunch and sometimes for dinner even.

So I presented my boss, the owner, this same dish one day for lunch. It went on the menu the next day and it's still there.

That was like 15 years ago. [&:]

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How cool is that!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am pretty sure these marinades have no alcohol in them, but idk if that would help or not. Why are the rules so stringent there?

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

Thanks for the link Fahrt, the problem would be getting it into the country though. Even with a liquor license, I'm only allowed to buy alcohol or alcohol inclusive products from authorized shops or bring a very limited amount in with me through the airport. Don't think getting it mailed to me would sit nicely with the concerned authorities. [&o]

I even have to buy red or white wine vinegar from those authorized shops.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't intend this to be 'religious', just factual.

It's an Islamic country Fahrt. And in that religion, alcohol is not allowed. Just the name on the label would stop it from being sold in normal stores. TGIF is out here, but there's no baby back ribs on offer, because pork is another thing that's not allowed. Need special permissions to serve pork here. Having said that, TGIF have recently changed their menu around and are promoting "Tennessee Style Marinated" products. Which tells me that company has been able to make the same sort of JD marinades without actually using alcohol in it. Think I'll check that out and see if they sell the marinades at the restaurants.

Thanks for getting my brain ticking over there Fahrt. [&:]

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Haha not a problem! Those steaks turned out so well I am going over to my parents house this weekend to cook them again, kind of a going away dinner since my father is being shafted by Ford so they are moving to Lousville, Kentucky. Thats a long terrible story, involving Ford's footprints on my dads back and selling the house we were raised in [&:]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry to hear that Fahrt. Not much of a real 'celebration' I guess. But I nice way to send them off on a full stomach...

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here was last night's dinner....

Pasta purses stuffed with panchetta, mozorella and herbs covered in a home made marinara sauce and parmessian cheese, served with home made brucetta....

While breakfast this morning was cressaints with eggs, cheese and ham.

Name:	Us53681.jpg 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	1734282  

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

B-fast pics...having probs uploading the pics though....hopefully, 3rd time lucky...[&:]

Name:	Pn36083.jpg 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	1734296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hc93795.jpg 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	1734297   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qv53890.jpg 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	1734298  

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not dinner, but a whole load of cupcakes. Daughter turns 10 tomorrow and she wanted to take everyone in her class a little treat. Yes they're home made and she decorated them

Name:	Pn37973.jpg 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	1736031  

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice Tommy! Cupcakes are good too!

Anyone have a good recipe or direction to look for a chicken breast recipe involving eiswein or sauvignon blanc? i have a couple of wines here and was thinking about branching out and cooking food with it for a change! Got some time tonight to figure it out, it is about 630 PM here, and dinners usually not till about 2 AM for us due to weird schedules that move our whole days back several hours.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chicken Fajitas. Marinate your chicken in whatever spices you like and hard cook them to get a nice color on them, then finish with a good half cup of wine and slam the lid on the pan and take off the heat. The moisture and heat will finish the cooking process and the chicken will stay nice and moist. Then continue with all the usual Fajita suspects.

Or, give the chicken breasts a nice rub of salt, pepper, olive oil, a nice pinch of smoked paprika and a squeeze of lemon. Put them in a baking dish, sprinkle some thyme over it and pour about a cup of white wine in the dish. Now cover it with foil and bake at 380f or so for about 25 - 30 minutes. Serve with salad, corn cob, broccoli and mashed or baked potato. Or slice the chicken breast up (after resting) and stuff a big burrito sized tortilla with your favorite ingredients for a nice 'wrap'.

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice load of cupcakes there. My wife and I had a chuckle over her decorations...very sweet(in both senses of the word) How many actually made it out of the house?!?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hahaha...thanks frets. Recipe called for 2 dozen but the batch produced one short. They all made it out the house and to class. Teacher ended up eating 3 of them...[:-] and everyone (who wanted one) still got at least one. It was the other half of leftover marshmallows that came out worse for wear really [&:]

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Recipe one, Tommy's request

Cheesy bacon meatloaf:

Heat oven to 350*F

2 pounds ground beef
    1 cup bread crumbs (or my favorite substitude, blend/pulverize some instant stuffing mix, better flavor!)
    2 eggs
    3/4 cup milk
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp pepper
    Add cheese and bacon to preference, we used 1/2 pound cheese and a pound of bacon [&:]

I use block cheese, and break it into smallish chunks, so it becomes more like pockets of cheese than just flavor. and we microwave the bacon on paper towels so it crisps up nice and crunchy while we do other things.

In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together, including bacon and cheese. Shape the meatloaf however you want and put it in a large casserole dish. smear a thin layer of catsup over the top, and if you like, layer or "weave" a layer of bacon over the top of the loaf. Then place in the oven at 350*F for about 1 Hr 15 min to 1 1/2 hours.

As always, apologies for the crudeness of my recipes, but we wing it as we go and believe me, I am NOT a pro cookbook writer!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That sounds like it rocks!!

I can easily follow your recipe bro. And I'm trying it this week. Thanks Farht.

Team Terribles

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Now, onto the simple baked cajun strips:

X amount of chicken breasts
    bread crumbs
    Stove Top chicken stuffing mix
    cayenne powder*
    chili powder*
    white pepper*
    a couple eggs
    milk

Completely de-fat the chicken breasts, and then slice into long strips about an inch or so wide andhalf inch thick. Preference really comes into play here for the whole thing.

Grease a baking pan and set oven to 375*F.

With a food processor blend up instant chicken stuffing and then mix equal parts of the end product and PLAIN bread crumbs. Now back to personal taste: Add the other three ingredients to your preference ( cayenne, chili pepper and white pepper). This will be easy as all the breading ingredients needed can be consumed and tasted without cooking.
    Mix a couple eggs and about a quarter cup milk, add more if needed based on how much chicken you are using.

Dip each strip in the milk/eggs mix, and then roll it in the breading until completely coated.

Place on baking sheet and bake for ten minutes, flip strips, and bake for another 10-15 minutes.

Fry up some seasoned french fries and dump some shredded cheddar, chili and crumpled bacon and you have a great meal! Or pick healthier sides to compliment the baked strips!

A few personal tips, some common knowledge, but oh well:

>coat hands with flour before breading to keep the breading from clumping on your hands

>When greasing the cooking sheet I use a liberal amount of real butter, gives everything a bit better taste

>At the halfway point, or when you flip the strips, drizzle some basic hot and/or buffalo sauce (Frank's Red Hot buffalo works good here) on them and let it bake in to turn up the heat a little! Or experiment and make your own!

> If you are like me and play cooking times by ear, then leave some slightly thicker strips and when they get closer to being done slice one in half every two minutes until they are visibly cooked through,

None of my recipes are perfect, so experimentation might still be needed to get them right, but hey, I am the guy that owns 30+ cook books and never uses em

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just thought I would brag hehe I just got home from the local fresh meat market. I spent a mere $50 and got all this
    2 pounds chipped steak
    a pound of short ribs
    2 pounds chopped sirloin
    2 pounds chicken wings
    a pound of mesquite smoked turkey breast (lunch meat)
    a pound of farmers cheese
    3 pounds of flat iron steak

The best part? This place owns its own farm, and all the livestock is raised naturally, humanely, and brought in FRESH every morning I feel like the cat that got the bird everytime I walk in there!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK...now you're just making me jealous bro...[&o]

Team Terribles

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast