Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Dinner time

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 08:18 AM
frets24
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dinner time

It seems a lot of us have become very busy this year. I haven't posted for a while because we;ve just been recycling the same menu over and over, but I have been watching from the side line. Good to see some activity again.

I really like the sausages and sauerkraut. Usual fare around here are bratwurst from, of all places, a local latino meat market. They make their own and they are great. They also make a mild breakfast sausage that my wife claims are exactly how she remembers from her childhood in the UK as Bangers.

The brats are done on the grill and served with generous helpings of kraut, brown mustard, and a loaf of rye bread on the table.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:11 AM
tommygun32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL...I haven't checked in here for over 6 months....and amazingly I'm still 'signed in'...

And look at the thread that's still here, LOL

Made Veal Schnitzel last night, mashed potatoes, broccoli and salad. The wife finished it in less than 5 minutes. I was stunned...[X(]
Old 09-20-2012, 08:21 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Welcome back! You must not clear your cookies haha

Baked my first ham, believe it or not, the other night, no pics but it came out great. Kinda slapped together my own glaze that worked really well, all unknown and unmeasured amounts, but it consisted of Thyme, cinnamon, brown sugar, butter and about two full cups or so of (don't laugh) good ol cheap @$$ Bubba Cola haha

Somehow I can cook lots of pretty good foods, yet last night I burnt the hell outta some grilled cheese sandwiches haha

O, and that sounds great, I want schnitzel soo bad, maybe this weekend....hmmmmm

And Tommy, if ya ever end up stateside, at some point you and I are going to have to have a cook off I think haha

We are planning on going to an orchard before long, get some fresh apples, then me and her have plans of a bake-off between us to see who makes the best apple pie Both will be home made and 100% from scratch, I am thinking Dutch Apple for mine and I hear she thinks a cinnamon aplle pie will cut it. Psh.. haha
Old 09-21-2012, 10:57 AM
frets24
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fresh apples just beg to turned into a nice jug of applejack...only two ingredients; apple juice and yeast.

The pies sound good too. I'm with you on that one, Dutch apple definitely, no cinnamon....yum

Nice to see that you both are still around and presumably doing alright.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:11 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Eh, as alright as can be! Constant stress and 1000 things going on ll the time but I'm still dirtying pots and pans in the kitchen hehe
Old 09-28-2012, 10:52 AM
tommygun32

Hey frets....yes, we're still around....for me.....only just unfortunately. Work, family, life, plans, etc.....they take precedence.

But I still do check in every once in a while.

Who doesn't like Apple Jack....but correct me if I'm wrong. I thought Apple Jack was apple juice and JD?

Apple juice and yeast I thought would make Cider?

Hope you are well too.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:03 PM
FahrtAutoRC

It can be Tommy, as a mix drink, actual apple jack is distilled from the apple juice and such, not sure the exact process, but yea, it is basically apple whiskey.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:02 PM
DieHarder

Having Cereal for dinner.[] Nothing else to eats. We need to go shopping!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 02:25 PM
ElectricGuy007

Super Tuesday at Grandys. $2.99 country fried steak dinner. We do this every tuesday.