Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

So I lost 34 pounds...

Old 10-18-2011, 07:19 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default So I lost 34 pounds...

In the last 4 months or so.

After many attempts, I finally did it !!

At 5'7, I was 193 pounds and now I am at 159. After many failed attempts, I finally did it! Feels good to be slimmer.

Anyways, I have gotten to a certain point that I won't bounce back for sure.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:22 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: So I lost 34 pounds...

Congrats, it feels to do something healthy like that.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:24 PM
TheKennyKiller
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how did you do it ? diet, exercise or both ? I was doing weight training a few years ago and I got pretty fit but I've been slack and put on a bit of weight in the last two years so I've got to get back into it... Been walking and eating better the last few weeks no major changes and my pants are a bit looser so I probably lost 2 kilos or so.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:28 AM
samguan

My method was both eating less and exercise 6 days a week. Cut all the junk food and soft drinks. Now, eat less I mean eat healthier food(cut most of the fried food), eat just enough to fill up the stomach to the point where you don't feel hungry but also not too full. Don't go the extreme and eat just brocolli or boiled chicken breast because it is going to make you hungry and really hard to continue. Breakfast is important, it is a must.

Now as for the gym, I just run elliptical for 30 minutes each day, not very hard to complete 30 minutes.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:32 AM
samguan

Once in a while, junk food is ok. Don't completely cut eveything, adjust slowly. During my diet process, I still ate alot of rice which is said to be bad.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:57 AM
Eman77

Nice job! That's a solid way to do it - cut out the junk (mostly), but still have some "good stuff" in moderation. Don't starve yourself, and hit the exercise as often as you can. You should be proud.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:47 AM
FahrtAutoRC

You can eat full meals and stay healthy, so long as you EAT healthy. Many foods can also be cooked healthier too. We baked schnitzel on a rack last night, and baked the potato cakes as well, etc etc. I am happy where i am at, 6'2" and hovering between 205 and 210 solid. Just stay active ot all them calories will hurt! Congrats!
Old 10-19-2011, 03:04 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah it all depends what you eat. You never have to go hungry, just eat healthy foods. Dieting to the point of starving yourself may make you loose weight but it's not sustainable, its unhealthy, and you'll just gain the weight back (and probably more) once you go back to your normal diet. The way to go is to adjust your normal diet to something healthier but just as satisfying, and to add sustainable exercise.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Smiff 24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats samguan, sounds like youve got it nailed.
Lifestyle diet changes will work for you much better than any other diet.
Once your off the fried foods & soft drinks a while you wont crave them
like people think you do. Keep it up!

Old 10-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Tjettzky

Congrats! You've acheived a goal that I for one is having a hard time reaching (Stupid donuts..so good and tasty...) so a lot of us know exactly how hard it is to do what you just did.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:19 PM
splcrazy

ORIGINAL: Tjettzky

Congrats! You've acheived a goal that I for one is having a hard time reaching (Stupid donuts..so good and tasty...) so a lot of us know exactly how hard it is to do what you just did.
I can eat a whole tray of krispy creams donuts no problems lol
Old 10-20-2011, 06:15 PM
s7jstep1

congrats man. at my heaviest i would estimate that i weighed about 280. i then went down to about 265 and stayed there until april of this year. starting april 1st i have been cutting out the crap and i am now down to 221. my goal is to be at or just under 200. its definately a good feeling to see results
Old 10-23-2011, 08:28 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice, its hard to do, for some its food, for some its exercise, some its stress or a mixture of everything.

i was 275 and 6'2
in a year i went down to 240
earlier this year (a year later of previous) i was 222 but i gained a few, slight chance muscle.... big chance its just fat, but still 230.

some people are built to be lighter than others, im heavy framed and wont look right slim. 210 is my goal, but im happy as is.

i almost drink no soda, avoid consuming large amounts of sweets, drink alot of fluids, walk/bike or work for exercise. i have no "diet" just focus on protien and veggies.