Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ipad Apps. Universal remote control?????

Has anyone come across an app that can be a remote for your entertainment system? or an app that could make someone rich could be an app that turns your ipad into a touch screen remote control for any of your toy's, think about it, they could sell high powered receivers that can be put in all types of models, boats, cars, planes ect. The software would always be upgradable, you should be able to have a multitude of channel options, screen/controller layout options, on screen telementry and data logging and so forth, it's endless what could be customized. A fully programable remote control app that could opperate all your toy's and home entertainment needs, I want it. This kind of app would make a meal of companies like logitech and other home based remote manufactures not to mention the rc based like specktrum and fubata.

RE: Ipad Apps. Universal remote control?????

I can use my iPad to change ch. On my cable box (time warner in Cincinnati Ohio) and it works with hbo go ...but the other stuff well idk ...lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This app would require extensive hardware put in everything including the ipad... So unless the ipad has nanobots built in it that an app can program to go modify stuff its basically impossible.
    Honestly what I would want less in life is something that says ipad compatible, actually that would make me NEVER buy the product.

As for novamegas channel changing thing I'm guessing it connects to the cable companies site over the internet, and it sends a signal to change the channel that way (only way I can imagine it working). I know direct TV can change your channel remotely cause when I was having issues with a receiver they were changing channels on it as a test.
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When I was looking at getting a new tv I was told by the guy at the store that if I got a samsung tv I could use my galaxy S as a remote, it sounded kinda cool but it's nothing more then a gimmick... As far as using one device to control them all, I would rather some kind of voice recognition for my home entertainment like what xbox kinect has to offer.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It would be possible, like with the Parrot AR Drone... but range would not be all that great. The technology is already built into the iPad. Class 1 Bluetooth is basically the same 2.4ghz used in radio systems. I have actually been expecting someone to start producing a Bluetooth universal receiver. There is the ChRoMicro , which can be bound with an xbox or ps3 controller, but I think the dude abandoned the project.
    Her name was Lola. She was a show girl.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I can control my DirecTv receiver and BluRay player through my iPad and GalaxyS if i connect them thru my wifi network. I belive Denon makes audio recivers wifi compatible so you can do the same. 
    Some info i just searched and came across.
    You would have to buy this hardware to put a ir transmitter on the device...looks simple though just plug and play
    For Andoid Devices http://www.irdroid.com/

Also i have came across some toy grade bluetooth cars controlled by an iPad range is poor though (20-30ft)
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/H7537LL/A   <-link to the Silverlit Bluetooth RC Car.

FrostY

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LAME, i guess if you wanted to look like some lame-o pre-teen, justin bieber loving, ambrocrombie wearing brain dead reject kid it would be cool.

laggy, clunky and numb.
    Signature
    (Max. 125 chars. 2 lines max)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

LAME, i guess if you wanted to look like some lame-o pre-teen, justin bieber loving, ambrocrombie wearing brain dead reject kid it would be cool.

laggy, clunky and numb.

What's your issue numb nut's, ya had your dick in a fish for too long?? It was more of a brain fart rather than a question of how can I do it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: millzee

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

laggy, clunky and numb.

What'sĀ* your issue numb nut's, ya had your dick in a fish for too long??Ā* It was more of a brain fart rather than a question of how can I do it.
    ha....^^ i was thinking the same thing millzee.....too funny!
    oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers!-savagex,-savagexl,-savageflux,-revo3.3,-tmaxx3.3,-losi aftershock ltd

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cleaned up and moved to Off Topic. Let's be nice shall we, folks? Hm?
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

"I" got cleaned up?

in short i think its a horrible idea.
    Signature
    (Max. 125 chars. 2 lines max)