Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Thinking of getting my 1st peace maker.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 11:44 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Thinking of getting my 1st peace maker.

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

revolvers are inhearently accurate and durable, almost no chance for a misfire (which could result in the gun blowing up when you fire again and theres a slug stuck) or a other malfunction and cant jam.

i still say if you go revolver 357 is king because its a very very deadly round, very accurate and can shoot 38spls too. 5in barrel is a good size. .44 mag is overkill and you might kill the guy behind the guy you shot, and the .45lc has very expesive rounds if you dont reload yourself (like me)

the best weapon is one you never need to use, someone pulls a SA brick on you, yeah your probly going to wet yourself, but pull out a glimmering stainless steel magnum and your going to wet yourself, crap yourself and probly run away. they are just scary, plus they are ALOT louder than a SA so a warning round is going to be alot more frieghtening (also revolvers make fireballs, also scary)

all your choices are good, you will get a good gun, but IF you where to get a revolver opt for a 357 magnum.
Really depends on the revolver... I have a Smith 586 with a shot out barrel, it's about as inaccurate as a smooth bore muzzle loader. Also, poor timing will seriously cripple accuracy.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:44 AM
warheadforever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry double post! [:@][:'(]
Old 02-03-2012, 07:45 AM
warheadforever

[link=http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/raptor-ii/ultra-raptor-ii]Kimber Ultra Raptor II[/link] Best small frame 1911 ever made, they are supremely reliable (I have never seen one jam, except on Hornady TAPS, but they miss feed in every gun I have seen that hasn't been made to work with them), it is super accurate (3 inch group is 30 FT with a 3 inch barrel rapid fired), and the .45ACP packs a huge punch, especially with some Federal Hydra-shoks!

If you want a 9MM that is small and supper accurate I would say get the [link=http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/node/9]Rohrbaugh R9[/link] These firearms are awesome, they are the be all end all of small frame 9MM, and they will last forever. The only down side is they are a pain to take apart. [:@] (though they say the new ones are easier)

Also, please don't buy by price, buy the best firearm you can, your life is worth it.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:25 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Rohrbaugh guns are expensive... I wanted one right up until I found out they cost about $1300 new.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:28 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$1300.00 no way. Not yet. But I have decided. After talking to a couple of friends that own several, looking at videos, and reading reviews I am going with the Beretta Px4 Subcompact. Everything I have seen on this bad boy says get it. I'm going to my local gun shop this weekend with a buddy of mines that had a regular Px4 to go check it out.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:11 PM
HJJFFFAA

Nice, the PX4 is a good gun. Why not the full size, though?
Old 02-07-2012, 08:23 PM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

Nice, the PX4 is a good gun. Why not the full size, though?
Cuz eventually I want to carry it. I'm going to wait for the gun show in my area to get the cwp. Its alot cheaper.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:27 PM
tapkoote

Room for some humor?

Subject:Fw: Buddy System saves lives.
My personal favorite defense gun has always been a Beretta Jetfire in 22 short. Over all the years I've been hiking I never leave without it in my pocket. Of course we all know too the first rule when hiking in the wilderness is to use the "Buddy System". For those of you who may be unfamiliar with this it means you NEVER hike alone, you bring a friend or companion, even an in-law, that way if something happens there is someone to go get help.

I remember one time hiking with my brother-in-law on Raspberry Island near Kodiak . Out of nowhere came this huge brown bear and man was she mad. We must have been near one of her cubs.

Anyway, if I had not had my little Jetfire I'd sure not be here today. Just one shot to my brother-in-law's knee cap and I was able to escape by just walking at a brisk pace.

That's one of the best pistols in my safe
Old 02-08-2012, 08:16 AM
quietnas1

Lol that was a good one.