Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Diablo III

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 05:18 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Diablo III

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

Finished Hell mode last night and dinged 60 just as Diablo fell. Time to gear up and do Inferno.
inferno ain't nice I just killed the skele king on act 1 today
inferno as a Demon hunter not in the best gear(mines more mediocre) isn't easy(impossible at points). Will say act 3 hell is a breeze, and gives over 200k gold if you go from siege breaker quest to the boss. Specially once you get the 6 stacks of nephelim valor (60s get it from killing blue, and yellow mobs) easiest way to make gold I got the hell mode pony staff that way
Old 06-02-2012, 02:45 AM
Foxy

In the EU we haven't been able to log in for 4 days now. When people do manage to get in they lose achievements, items, gold, even whole characters are disappearing. It;s a total debacle.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:08 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

In the EU we haven't been able to log in for 4 days now. When people do manage to get in they lose achievements, items, gold, even whole characters are disappearing. It;s a total debacle.
wow is all I can say

Personally I'm kinda miffed with blizz's half assed fix at random disconnects over in the US just fling us all in a channel on login(no option to disable it if you don't suffer from DC's) that makes the old barrens, and typical trade chat in wow look like an extremely intellectual debate that is also filled with gold farmer ads that you can't ignore easily... Yup great typical blizzard half assed fix...

Still not as bad as you guys
Old 06-19-2012, 05:27 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

well after getting 2 chars into inferno all I can say is this game honestly sucks, and blizzard has no idea how to make a decent game anymore.
Even after the patch today to "fix" it just made the game worst, and more reliant on the AH. I think I'm done with it in all honesty just like WOW I really feel worst clicking on the login button, than I do going to work.

I wonder why they even bother with int, dex, and str on items seeing all you need is a uber powerful weapon to deal damage. Example on my wizard I dropped using a level 60 staff with 200 int on it for a axe with 0 int, but my damage went up by over 2000 dps...
Then there are the awesome legendary items that have a .00001% drop rate, but are worst than the crappiest blue piece of gear that you vendored 10,000 of before seeing that legendary item.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Foxy

Agreed. Done with Diablo and probably Blizzard. They no longer make games for gamers, they are just a cash factory.

They say if you want to play Diablo as it should be for 2012, to play Torchlight II (it can't be a coincidence this is by the studio that did diablo 2 and weren't given diablo 3 (which went to the WoW devs instead), Blizzard North).
Old 06-20-2012, 03:37 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Agreed. Done with Diablo and probably Blizzard. They no longer make games for gamers, they are just a cash factory.

They say if you want to play Diablo as it should be for 2012, to play Torchlight II (it can't be a coincidence this is by the studio that did diablo 2 and weren't given diablo 3 (which went to the WoW devs instead), Blizzard North).
pretty much told my buddy that once my annual pass is up for wow I'm canceling if the exp for wow. If comes out in or before September I MIGHT get it just so I use some of my wow time I got left for something as I haven't played it in over a month. Logged in yesterday, but I couldn't get myself to go past the char select screen... Just tempted to play the beta for a week, and not bother with the exp period(seeing lets face it the last 2 exps only lasted a week in content even for casual play)

SC2 another over hyped under preformed game that was no where near as good as SC1 with the heavily encumbered DRM, and lack of missions that they tout as a feature just to sell exps for an unfinished game... SC1 had if I remember it almost 90 unique missions, even WC3 had a pile of unique scenarios unlike SC2. Still never understood why the 100% single player games that no one had an option to even join required a network connection.

I was wondering why the priced on the Real Money Auction House were so high Blizzard is charging $1 per sold auction for a listing fee... Not counting the paypal fees to get the cash...

I feel the new blizzard is turning every game they have into a wannabe Korean MMO where the best items are sold for cash...

Will say I'm tempted to try torchlight 2 though sounds interesting
Old 06-21-2012, 04:05 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

pre-ordered TL2 on steam, and as an added bonus got TL1 for free
can't beat $20 (which is twice as much as diablo 3 should have cost)
Impressed with TL1 even though its single player only IMO its better than D3 itself. I find the graphics are even better rendered, better looking, and don't cause any spiking in frame rate even at highest details than D3...

Also been playing wow MoP beta, and honestly they dumbed the game down to the point its not even interesting to play. After 20-25 mins I was like uhhh this sucks. So I doubt I will deal any more buisness with blizzard once my stupid annual pass expires(which I regret ever signing up for)
Old 06-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Foxy

Even though a lot of people complained about it being too easy after Burning Crusade, WotLK was by far my favorite WoW expansion so far. Ulduar is still arguably yhe best raid ever (only those with retro rose tinted spectacles still say the classic raids, Ulduar was epic, and Yoggy was a hardcore mother of a boss that really separated the masters from the casuals. Algalon and the dude with the flying machine, what epic fights. Plus, altogether, the story was so dark, the characters so interesting. Now we have Chinese pandas? Really? No, just, no. Remember crapping yourself the first few times you tanked or healed Halls of Reflection. What a challenging dungeon until you outgeared it. Drak'Tharon with the trolls. Epic expansion, I could go on all day. Don't you miss Dalaran? I know I do.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:59 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Even though a lot of people complained about it being too easy after Burning Crusade, WotLK was by far my favorite WoW expansion so far. Ulduar is still arguably yhe best raid ever (only those with retro rose tinted spectacles still say the classic raids, Ulduar was epic, and Yoggy was a hardcore mother of a boss that really separated the masters from the casuals. Algalon and the dude with the flying machine, what epic fights. Plus, altogether, the story was so dark, the characters so interesting. Now we have Chinese pandas? Really? No, just, no. Remember crapping yourself the first few times you tanked or healed Halls of Reflection. What a challenging dungeon until you outgeared it. Drak'Tharon with the trolls. Epic expansion, I could go on all day. Don't you miss Dalaran? I know I do.
well in vanilla I didn't raid outside doing scholomance or Black Rock Spire when they were 10m raids as typing LF39M MC didn't work very well Instead I spent about 8% of my time doing world PVP, and 90% of my time in Alterac Valley PVPing which was a blast back then trying to go up in the weekly PVP rankings as the difference from best gear to mediocre, and PVP to PVE gear was nominal. It was WAY more skill based than it is now. Resilience, and insanely inflated stats royally screwed the game up.

Best example is my disc priest that is geared for PVP if I run into someone that isn't PVP geared they literally stand no chance in hell vs me. Last time I entered a battle ground I had 4 people wailing on me that were not PVP geared I lost 3% of my health and killed them all... Now if I hit someone PVP geared I drop in seconds... Yup balance. Similar to my rogue its not PVP geared I was entering BGs to try and get it gear hit PVP geared ppl no matter how bad they were I might as well have been using a feather to tickle them with how pitiful the damage was due to resilience seriously one stood there and was doing /laugh at me a few times before deciding to kill me in 2 seconds... This was with a fully Tier 13 geared rogue with the quest daggers BTW.

Biggest things IMO blizzard did that screwed wow over equally or more than adding resilience:
Paid name changes - ninjas now just change their name once they get infamous (not as bad as resilience but still bad)
Paid realm xfers so many realms went completely dead due to this like my old PVP realm where you could count the people in stormwind (did more damage IMO than resilience)
Batlegroups then just combining all realms This helped kill PVP greatly sure some realms had issues with getting games going, but the amount of honor bots it introduced which still plage the game was ludicrous (way more damage than resiliance not fun when on a team where only 4 people out of 15 are playing)
Looking for group with ppl from any realm... No incentive to not be a complete douche and roll need on everything even if you don't need it. No idea how many times I lost items I really needed for upgrades to people that needed the gear cause they wanted 5 gold from vendoring it cause lets face it why be nice to people who you will likely never see again.
Looking for raid... Good idea poorly implemented same issue with douches as LFG the next exp's changes will somewhat fix it, but honestly they are too little too late like most of blizzards things recently... the changes should have been implemented immediately not 5-10 months after they announced it.

Drak Theron was easy as hell I remember 3 manning the instance it at 73(we were all 1st time in it) 2 days after the exp came out on my druid due to people dropping group, and we got tired of looking for replacements pally tank, pally healer, and me as kitty dps
HoR yea that one was a PITA, and challenging one of the few instances I can say in that EXP that took me time.
Can't comment on the raids in that exp as only one I did was the champion one as I wasn't in a raiding guild back then.
But I will say one good thing about that exp it wasn't a steaming pile of linear crap as cataclysm was, and had unique ideas cataclysm I found was mostly recycled overused boss mechanics from vanilla through wrath, and added nothing really fun or interesting.
Also no I do not miss dalaran one bit or the massive lag that led to getting Disconnected on entering... Might have been fine on a low pop realm, but if you were on one that was full 99% of the time it was a dreadful place.

I think the most disappointing thing about cataclysm was the last big content patch as it compares to the last big content patch of every other exp. the cata patch added literally 1 week worth of material including the raid, where the others you were probably still chugging through on the initial dungeons normal modes 3-6 weeks after the patch hit let alone attempting the raid.
This is also what led me to do that year pass thing I've regretted since the patch hit cause I was expecting at least 4 months of content from the patch like every other one...