Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Kennedy rolling chest help

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 11:05 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kennedy rolling chest help

I have a large Kennedy Rolling tool chest, 5-drawer with bottom cabinet, and just cannot seem to locate a few things I would like for it, hoping some of my fellow RCU'ers can help! It was my dads chest, and I had wanted it since i was a boy, now I want to bring it back to glory, and do it right! Dad finally passed it on to me, and it has definitely seen some years in a garage!

Paint. It is the trademark Kennedy brown, slight texture, but the only can of it I can find is $30! For one can! I am hoping to strip loose paint and rust off of this thing, prime it, and repaint it all.

An original or at least Kennedy lock set for it. The one in it now is fine I am sure, but it has no key. This obviously does me no good haha

The handle departed from the cabinet door and has since been replaced by a piece of wood, I would like to locate a new handle for this as well if I can.

I have looked, maybe not extensively but to the point where I feel comfortable asking help. Maybe getting this thing back to new will inspire me to throw a nice top chest on this one

Here is the box in question: http://www.hayneedle.com/sale/kenned...FYTAKgodphaRhA
Old 07-15-2012, 08:05 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Kennedy rolling chest help

ORIGINAL: FahrtAutoRC

I have a large Kennedy Rolling tool chest, 5-drawer with bottom cabinet, and just cannot seem to locate a few things I would like for it, hoping some of my fellow RCU'ers can help! It was my dads chest, and I had wanted it since i was a boy, now I want to bring it back to glory, and do it right! Dad finally passed it on to me, and it has definitely seen some years in a garage!

Paint. It is the trademark Kennedy brown, slight texture, but the only can of it I can find is $30! For one can! I am hoping to strip loose paint and rust off of this thing, prime it, and repaint it all.

An original or at least Kennedy lock set for it. The one in it now is fine I am sure, but it has no key. This obviously does me no good haha

The handle departed from the cabinet door and has since been replaced by a piece of wood, I would like to locate a new handle for this as well if I can.

I have looked, maybe not extensively but to the point where I feel comfortable asking help. Maybe getting this thing back to new will inspire me to throw a nice top chest on this one

Here is the box in question: http://www.hayneedle.com/sale/kenned...FYTAKgodphaRhA
[link=http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kennedy-ToolBox-Lock-Standard-Cylinder-with-2-Keys-Set-Hook-Cam-Tool-Box-/251100843854?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a76c6cf4e]Lock[/link]

[link=http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kennedy-ToolBox-Standard-Cylinder-Lock-with-2-Keys-Set-No-Cam-Tool-Box-/251100853942?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a76c6f6b6]Another lock[/link]

This was all I could find. Maybe email Kennedy with a heart felt message about how your [now deceased] father worked his hands to the bone from this fantastic tool box, and you would like to do everything in your power to restore it to it's former glory.