Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Hyundai vs. Mercedes C230

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Hyundai vs. Mercedes C230

My car is better than me, that's for sure..

Any more mods on your car? Last time you said you were putting in some race clutch.. I wonder how drivable that is.. ha..
Old 08-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Foxy

Race clutch came out the same day it went in, lol. I got what I paid for it and I've already bought a stock clutch new ready to be fitted, haven't gotten around to it yet. Apart from the suspension and rims (H&R coilovers and some black twin 5 spoke rims with red inlay), no other mods. Gearbox with JDM LSD, intake, manifold, exhaust system and aprogram are on the list for when I'm done spending on RC. I need to take some pics for you guys. I really love the car.

For anyone wondering, we are talking about my 2005 Civic Type R EP3.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: Granpooba

Lets see now ......... '' RC '' Universe !! Is that what it reads ??

WAY OFF TOPIC !!!!

And besides none of the vehicles mentioned could run with my '' 81 '' Corvette !!
Get the glasses out Grandpa. 2012 Toyota Camry's will smoke your ''81'' vette,
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, just wondering on what cold day in hell, this would happen ?

Probably the next thing you notice is that somebody will be telling me how a Camry will smoke my wife's Honda Accord.

And I don't mind being called Grandpa, as I have been around long enough to accumulate lots of cash to have and pay for garages full of toys.
And yes, garages is plural.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Lunchboxer

Ha.. that jerky, eh?! DOH!

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Race clutch came out the same day it went in, lol.
Old 08-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Lunchboxer

I don't know how fast is a '81 Corvette.. but a Camry nowadays is not slow.. they run low-14s in quarter miles w/ the V6 engine.. that's decent..
Old 08-27-2012, 07:48 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me guess, no dyno sheets/drag runs to back up your claim, just the ''butt dyno?''

yes, my buttdyno is calibrated and within a .05% margin of error.

but seriously, the vette is quick, that speedometer climes fast and will put many cars to shame, and it will pin you to your seat from a standstill or from 60mph.

I actually like the rumor that these vetts are slow, because when they see my taillights, they learn it isnt always true.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Nitroaddicted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why didn't you drive the Camaro SS? That is sure to put your vette to shame. Or how about the new zl1. Such an awesome car. 0-60 in 3.8 seconds too.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:23 AM
Foxy

A 2.0 NA ricer with induction kit, manifold, decat, 70mm system and a program (300whp NA at 8000rpm) would take the SS easily and be more reliable. What's more it would still do 25mpg, how's the camaro SS on fuel? I admit it wouldn't look as good (subjective, but the Camaro is a good looking car, no doubt) and it wouldn't make such a nice noise either, but 410hp (no doubt at the fly as well, probably only making 340rwhp) from a 6.2l is shameful. The only thing that saves it is that a brooklyn hobo can afford to own one. Muscle cars...great to look at, but what a waste of fuel.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:57 AM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

So what's your take on the topic, Foxy?
Old 08-28-2012, 04:18 AM
Foxy

He would beat you easily I'm afraid in any kind of race. The torque of the supercharger combined with rear wheel drive and traction control (make him turn that off) would pull away from you from a standstill by a couple of car lengths and you would never catch up. From a rolling start in 2nd at high revs, it might be more interesting but your automatic is going to hurt you badly (is his auto as well?). Look at it this way, off the line, I expect he'd give me a good run for my money in MY car, let alone yours. Of course, I'd eat him up within the next 20 yards, but I have nearly double your horsepower and I'm light too (2700lb). His low down grunt is very good and if he knows how to use that to his advantage, you'd be trounced every time.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:25 AM
The Hedgehog

A 2.0 NA ricer with induction kit, manifold, decat, 70mm system and a program (300whp NA at 8000rpm) would take the SS easily and be more reliable. What's more it would still do 25mpg, how's the camaro SS on fuel? I admit it wouldn't look as good (subjective, but the Camaro is a good looking car, no doubt) and it wouldn't make such a nice noise either, but 410hp (no doubt at the fly as well, probably only making 340rwhp) from a 6.2l is shameful. The only thing that saves it is that a brooklyn hobo can afford to own one. Muscle cars...great to look at, but what a waste of fuel.
Comparing stock to modded? What stats are you looking at for the Camaro, the older ones? I thought the newer ones had around 550 HP.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:40 AM
Foxy

Comparing stock to modded? How about the same mods on the Camaro. Turbo modded car to N/A being more reliable, LOL.

Talking about gas mileage on performance cars just SHOULDN'T be done, I am sure LB's Porsche GT3 isn't the best on gas (no offense LB, just trying to think of anyone on the boards with a performance orientated vehicle), the Prius and VW TDI's are awesome on gas, I would recommend those.

What stats are you looking at for the Camaro, the older ones? I thought the newer ones had around 550 HP.

Around here the ricers are way way cheaper than the used Camaros, the Camaros don't run very cheap around here, but maybe it's location.
Camaro SS is available with 350, 370 and 410hp from what I can tell by looking, but I may be wrong. The ZL1 has 570 I think.
Yes, comparing stock to modded, and I haven't added a turbo, NA against NA. Put the same mods on the Camaro, it would still be behind, too much weight compared to the gains offered by bolt ons without forced induction, 10hp is a 4% difference to me, its a 2% difference to the camaro). If you start talking forced induction, then that's another story. The point being, and I'll say it again, 410hp from a 6l is pretty poor. They could have put a turbo on a 3l v6 and got a much better result (for example), but yes, I realise it wouldn't then be a v8 muscle car. I'm just thinking of the wasted resources to be honest.

I may have exaggerated how cheap they are, but they are a lot of car for the money, no doubt.

Bottom line, no matter what factoids I've got wrong, I will never be convinced that 6l engines is a better way to go than high output small 2l 4 bangers.

I bet LB's car gets better gas mileage in town than the Camaro SS. You say it shouldn't be talked about because american performance cars are all 8l+. This is not necessary, is my whole point, so fuel economy is absolutely relevant when it's like DOUBLE for the same performance!!

Basically, I have two words for you... Lotus and Exige, the absolute polar opposite of a muscle car.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:54 AM
cumminspower5.9

He would beat you easily I'm afraid in any kind of race. The torque of the supercharger combined with rear wheel drive and traction control (make him turn that off) would pull away from you from a standstill by a couple of car lengths and you would never catch up. From a rolling start in 2nd at high revs, it might be more interesting but your automatic is going to hurt you badly (is his auto as well?). Look at it this way, off the line, I expect he'd give me a good run for my money in MY car, let alone yours. Of course, I'd eat him up within the next 20 yards, but I have nearly double your horsepower and I'm light too (2700lb). His low down grunt is very good and if he knows how to use that to his advantage, you'd be trounced every time.
His Benz is a 6 speed. I figured the lightweight of the Hyundai would be of some advantage, not saying that I would beat him because of it,and considering he still has less than 200hp in a 3400lb boat. If I were to add like a header, intake, exhaust, it might be a better outcome, but no way am I going to throw that kind of money into my daily driver. It's aHyundai. But thanks for the insight and letting me down easy, Foxy lol One day I will own a decent car that some people actually have positive feedback about. But with 120k miles on it and still running like a champ, I've only replacedone CV axle since I've owned it from 57k miles. Good in my book.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:16 AM
Foxy

Yeh, his 6 speed, torque and rear wheel drive will see you off by a country mile, don't even think about racing him (I know you weren't anyway).

As for cars and what you need em for, I respect that, unfortunately, I have a serious sickness. My car is not just my method of getting around, it is my closest friend, my favorite possession, my most enjoyed passtime (driving it like I stole it), hell, my first word as a baby, I kid you not.... 'car'. Not mama, not dada, 'car'.

I will NEVER own an 'ordinary' car (at least I can't imagine it at the moment, never say never though. ).
Old 08-28-2012, 06:24 AM
cumminspower5.9

LOL I lve the motor world as well. Eeveryhting from 4 bangers to v8's. Just wish I could afford a decent car and throw some aftermarket mods without getting laughed at lol. I'm only 22 and about to have my second kid, so it may not be for a while before I get the car I love.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:13 AM
The Hedgehog

Lets see now ......... '' RC '' Universe !! Is that what it reads ??

WAY OFF TOPIC !!!!

And besides none of the vehicles mentioned could run with my '' 81 '' Corvette !!
Get the glasses out Grandpa. 2012 Toyota Camry's will smoke your ''81'' vette,
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, just wondering on what cold day in hell, this would happen ?

Probably the next thing you notice is that somebody will be telling me how a Camry will smoke my wife's Honda Accord.

And I don't mind being called Grandpa, as I have been around long enough to accumulate lots of cash to have and pay for garages full of toys.
And yes, garages is plural.
http://vette81.tripod.com/specs.html

Base Vette is around 190 hp at 3300 lbs. Camry will smoke it. Even the high end 230 hp version will be about even.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:13 AM
HJJFFFAA

HP/L? Really? You know, you can get 30MPG out of a Mustang with ease.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:19 AM
Lunchboxer

[X(]

Base Vette is around 190 hp at 3300 lbs. Camry will smoke it. Even the high end 230 hp version will be about even.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:21 AM
The Hedgehog

You're right I am being way too generous
Old 08-28-2012, 07:21 AM
Lunchboxer

What's up with the weather?! Man, it sure is COLD here... !!
Old 08-28-2012, 07:37 AM
cumminspower5.9

Currently 73 here.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:41 AM
Lunchboxer

Are you sure?! Because it is close to freezing, man...
Old 08-28-2012, 07:49 AM
Foxy

lol
Old 08-28-2012, 08:00 AM
cumminspower5.9

I bet I missed something, or took the temp question the wrong way. woooosh, right over my head.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:17 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

It's amazing tis BS has moved all teh way up to the number 3 spot on the home page. []

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.