Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Any Bronies out there?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Zlash03
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Bronies out there?

Incase someone doesnt know what a 'Brony" is its a person thats a fan of the TV show "My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic". I was wondering if there was anyone else out there that is one and is into R/C vehicles. Ive got a blade mQX with a Rainbow Dash canopy. Ive also got a nitro buggy and 3 electric cars. Im slowly thinking of ways to make pony themed bodies for my cars. I was most likely just going to do a simple paint scheme and alot of stickers.

The mQXwill be appearing at a few Cons (Bronycon for sure because its the closest to me). It was even featured on Equestria Daily: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...undup-427.html

I was also wondering if anyone else had pony-themed vehicles. Ive heard of a spy tank with applejack on it but havent seen it yet. Post pics of your pony vehiclestoo. /)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23311.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	1799379   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45808.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	1799380  
Old 09-08-2012, 04:42 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Any Bronies out there?

i'm not sure why the series has become so popular, I don't understand it. a while back I had punisher style bodies, my fave was black with red blood streaks with a punisher skull in red. not the best for keeping your eye on the car, but cool none the less.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Zlash03

That sounds pretty sick actually. But yeah like you said, Its hard to see. I usually always use Neon paint. Especially since the biggest electric I have is a 1/18th Mini T.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:44 PM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

Not into it but I get it haha...

Find a good airbrusher/painter... something in the form of this would be nice: (He's on the forum here too if you like his work a lot http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10683259/tm.htm )
No stickers either!

Old 09-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Zlash03

Wow thats really good. The only problem with mine is that It would be basically that level of detail, and with that great detail comes great expenses. I wasnt planning on spending  $80 for a shell for a nitro buggy (thats only for bashing) or a mini T. I already bought one sticker that is 2 1/2 by 2 inches for $1.50 including shipping. Not bad really since its custom.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:17 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Uhhhhh.........wth?
Old 09-08-2012, 09:10 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TheDriftingNarwhal

Not into it but I get it haha...

Find a good airbrusher/painter... something in the form of this would be nice: (He's on the forum here too if you like his work a lot http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10683259/tm.htm )
No stickers either!
[img][/img]

nice paint job, but the characters are decals adhered with a special glue, i'm going to try to use that stuff next paint job.