Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 owners.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 03:43 AM
ElectricGuy007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 owners.

Well I have a PS3 and I went and picked up a brand new 360 last night.
I have a free month of xbox live and it included a free download of Elder Scrolls Skyrim and Forza Motorsport 4 game disc.
If you go to best buy to buy your console you get 1/2 off a 3 month Xbox live membership. So for $12 you get 3 months of Xbox live.

I have 5 other games for Xbox 360 but they are mostly adventure/role playing games.

Infinite Undiscovery
Tales of Vesperia
Blue Dragon
Perfect Dark Zero
Kameo Elements of Power

I am not disappointed with my purchase so far. I love my ps3 but there's alot of good games on 360 as well.
This is probably my last console until PS4 comes out, which wont be for a long time.
Once I get Xbox live setup and everything if you guys wanna add me as a friend you can later.

But if you want my PSN it's: talesguy700
Old 10-03-2012, 04:18 AM
Anthoop

Default RE: Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 owners.

I have a PS3 and a 360.....still pains me having to pay to go online with the Xbox though...and no internet browser?? The party chat thing is very good though if there are a group of you playing the same game.
On the Xbox I have mostly been playing Trials Evolutionn (cheap indie type motorbike stunt/moto-x game), good fun and great to play with friends/family.
On the PS, it is mainly Battlefield3 although a friend just gave me his copy of F1 2011 so I will be getting that revved up for a while.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:57 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have every major console made since 1985 and a few from before that, with the exceptions of the Virtual Boy and the 3DO, neither of which I have ever owned. I even still have an original Pocket Neo Geo.

So obviously, I have a wii, a ps3 and an xbox, and most of you know I'm a serious PC gamer. What can I tell you that's useful about the current top systems, Ps3 and Xbox...hm, they both have major issues in my opinion, but very different issues. The PS3 kills me every time I turn it on, to the point where I want to throw it off the balcony. This is partly my fault and partly the system's fault, but its a chicken and egg thing, I'll explain... I don't play it very often because it pisses me off. What pisses me off is that it has such regular firmware updates, but more than that, the game updates. This is where its partly my fault...When I want to play a console game, I want to turn on the system and play it, not have to download 500MB of patches over the PS3's TRAGIC Wifi adapter before I can play, so that means I often cancel the update if I want to play solo, unfotunately, you have to install updates to play online. So there you go, the problem that all my games piss me off cos they need updates, is a side effect of the fact that I don't play it often, but I don't play it often because I'm sick of having to wait over half an hour to play a game! On the bright side, the Interface is good, much better than Xbox. It's still one of the best hardware blu-ray players in existence, period. And the internet is free.

The Xbox...games are smoother and generally run better, this is a side effect of the fact that it's basically a glorified IBM Compatible PC, whereas the PS3 is a bit more of a technical marvel. The need to pay for online connectivity is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS in my opinion, so I have never connected any of my 3 Xboxes (yeh, I'll get to that in a minute) to the internet. Yeh, I have 3 Xbox360s. I am one of those people who likes to keep games forever, I like to have the boxes on the shelf and the discs to always be pristine. Since the Xbox was so easy to crack to play backed up games (keeping the originals in the box), I did it to all three of them (no it doesn't have any bearing whatsoever on the failure rate), which invalidates the warranty, fair enough, I don't mind, I didn't anticipate having two in a row go Red Ring of Death within a 6 month period. I'm on my 3rd now, and I recently permanently loaned it to a friend, as it was just collecting dust. In my opinion the Xbox 360 was a totally epic fail all around. The only thing that saves it is its games catalogue and its excellent joypads. If you own an Xbox, you will one day see a Red Ring of Death, no question abou ***. Keeping them horizontal all their lives helps.

Only my PC gets used, and it is far better as a games machine than any of my dedicated games machnes.

There we go, rant over. In case you didn't get it, I think the current generation of consoles was too little, too late, poorly considered.

The next generation of consoles will be tablets, that's why we're waiting so long in the current gen. There will no longer be a need for portable systems, cos all systems will be portable, if a bit larger than current tablets (think of an ipad laptop sized and you've got the PS4, I reckon).
Old 10-03-2012, 08:03 AM
Foxy

Borderlands 2 by the way...the only game you'll need for the next 3 months. I don't care what system you're on.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Lunchboxer

Just let it update, Foxy.. just set aside a day, and update all your games.. then you won't have the problem w/ PS3.. LOL!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Foxy

Until the next month. [:@][:'(]
Old 10-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

ORIGINAL: Foxy
I have every major console made since 1985 and a few from before that, with the exceptions of the Virtual Boy and the 3DO, neither of which I have ever owned. I even still have an original Pocket Neo Geo.
Why am I not surprised

Pics?

Anwyay, I started out on PS1 so the natural progression was to PS2 and now PS3.
There was always this thought that I'd keep my old games and still keep playing them on the new console.
Naturally that never happened, and I have now given away/donated all the old games and only have the PS3.

I don't go online, play games or chat or anything like that.
I put a game in, play it and that's that.

Being a bit of an oldtimer I've been playing games since the days of Pong, Space Invaders and PacMan on my dad's PC.
Games sure have come a long way in the graphics department, but I'm sort of missing the older games like the Resident Evil series on PS1 and PS2.
Having to fight for your life, collect herbs, mix ammo and being stuck in the same room for hours trying to solve a puzzle/riddle before you could move on through the next door.
These days it seems to be more about trophies and rewards than actual gameplay in some cases.

That said, free roaming was always something you dreamt of back in those days and now that it's commonplace in a lot of games (I believe they call it Sandbox?) it kinda feels a bit... well... boring at times.
Guess the grass is always greener

Old 10-03-2012, 06:53 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Until the next month. [:@][:'(]
dude, I just got GT5, been the first time in almost 6 months ive turned on the PS3- took 6HOURS to upload, go to play the game and had to wait another 4!!!! thats friggen crazy! I didn't even get to play the game that day.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:46 AM
Anthoop

Ahah some gaming old timers..it is good to reminisce. The first game I can remember putting a lot of time into was Pyjamarama on the C64..what a revelation after Binatone Pong.
There are still times when I play StarWars (RogueSquadron) or Metroid on the Gamecube, Goldeneye on the N64, ResidentEvil or TombRaider on the PS...and I have an emulator thing on PC to play MarioKart (and a ton of other games).
I only got going on this generation of consoles about a year ago. To my mind this gen. is trying to be a PC and the whole objective of a console is being lost, take me back to a time where you pluged it in and played. It is nice that updates can fix flaws in the game..but why am I buying a game with flaws in the first place...if I wanted to play on PC then I would.

ORIGINAL: Dirty_Vinylpusher
I'm sort of missing the older games like the Resident Evil series on PS1 and PS2.
RE6 is just out I think...there is a free demo.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:50 AM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

ORIGINAL: Anthoop
Meh.
I played RE 5 and that just wasn't RE any more....

Same with Silent Hill - Homecoming.
[]

I did enjoy Batman - Arkham Asylum though, that was sweet.
And Red Dead Redemption.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:12 AM
The Hedgehog

New Resident Evil is terrible, give us the old ones back!
Old 10-04-2012, 04:25 AM
Foxy

DVP, I don't still own many of them, but I kept a few classics, like the Super Nintendo and both my Spektrums. I think my Amiga is still around somewhere too. I have all the current gen though, including a PSP go, 3ds etc. My collection is missing a PSVita.

Agreed, RE is no longer RE, the last great RE was Code Veronica.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:01 AM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: ElectricGuy007

Well I have a PS3 and I went and picked up a brand new 360 last night.
I have a free month of xbox live and it included a free download of Elder Scrolls Skyrim and Forza Motorsport 4 game disc.
If you go to best buy to buy your console you get 1/2 off a 3 month Xbox live membership. So for $12 you get 3 months of Xbox live.

I have 5 other games for Xbox 360 but they are mostly adventure/role playing games.

Infinite Undiscovery
Tales of Vesperia
Blue Dragon
Perfect Dark Zero
Kameo Elements of Power

I am not disappointed with my purchase so far. I love my ps3 but there's alot of good games on 360 as well.
This is probably my last console until PS4 comes out, which wont be for a long time.
Once I get Xbox live setup and everything if you guys wanna add me as a friend you can later.

But if you want my PSN it's: talesguy700
I have a ps3, no xbox but a friend that plays xbox told me if you let your xbox live run out it offers you 2 months for 2 dollars or something like that. It made it alot cheaper. Ill add you on ps3, im ryhs97.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:37 AM
Mister Sinister

I own both, and I'll say I don't have a preference really one way or another as far as gaming goes. Console exclusives I'd probably give the nod to the Xbox, but not by a big margin.

That said, I LOATHE PSN. You truly get what you pay for there. My download speeds are maybe 25% of what I get on my Xbox. Game updates take anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 minutes, to download and install. Which really sucks when you just want to kill some time blowing stuff up. Now the system updates? Fuhgetabowdit. Come back tomorrow.
What REALLY irks me is console-exclusive DLC, and lack of support/bug fixes for Playstation multi-platform titles. Fallout 3 is a perfect example. Bethesda games in general are perfect example. It's easy enough to avoid it now, I just buy all Bethesda games for the Xbox, but I didn't know that after I had 80+ hours into Fallout, and they said Playstation owners could get bent when their games became unplayable.
Microsoft knows how to handle these issues, they're used to dealing with bugs. Sony is not so familiar with it, I gather. They don't seem to know how to push the developers to fix their products in a timely manner.

On the Xbox side, I HATE that there is DLC available for free if you own the PC version of the game (think Valve games), but M$ makes you pay for it through XBL. Apart from that, I view XBL as worth the yearly subscription fee. It's what PSN should aspire to be.

I'll end with this: If any or all next-gen consoles go digital only (meaning no more physical media), which has been widely rumored, I'm out.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:36 AM
DarkFire989

Only my PC gets used, and it is far better as a games machine than any of my dedicated games machnes.

PC FTW. My Xbox has become a glorified Netflix machine.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:50 AM
FahrtAutoRC

I am on MineCraft quite heavily lately, Xbox 360, but recently DL'd the demos for Sniper Elite V2, and Bullet Storm, both are amazing fun, think i will be picking them up soon.

GT is Tokin23
Old 10-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Anthoop

ORIGINAL: Dirty_Vinylpusher
ORIGINAL: Anthoop
Meh.
I played RE 5 and that just wasn't RE any more....
Same with Silent Hill - Homecoming.
[]

I did enjoy Batman - Arkham Asylum though, that was sweet.
And Red Dead Redemption.
Yes..do not bother with RE6..just tried it.Shame.
Ah Silent Hill 1/2..thanks for reminding me, really enjoyed those.
I tried that Batman demo also..seems quite good...may get it when it comes down in price.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:01 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Agreed, RE is no longer RE, the last great RE was Code Veronica.
Hear hear.
After that they actually took a step back with that horrible Outbreak where you had to drag two other guys around with you and it took the best part of an afternoon to walk through a door.

Anthoop, Arkham Asylum is a great game.
Lots of sneaking around and cool gadgets.
The new one is Arkham City which I haven't played yet.

Other PS3 games I've enjoyed include:
Resistance 1 and 2
Kane and Lynch - Dead Men
Far Cry 2
(although that got a bit repetitive)
Driver - San Francisco
NFS - Hot Pursuit
(currently playing)

I don't rush out and buy the latest games as soon as they come out.
Usually with until they're 2 for $50 or whatever at the game stores.

I have Saints Row 2 as well but haven't started it yet.

PS1/PS2 games I played a lot:

All RE games up until Code Veronica, but if I had to pick I'd say no.2 was the best.
Silent Hill 1-4Forbidden Siren
Syphon Filter
(entire series)
Mission Impossible
Getaway 1 & 2
Some of the GTA games
Oddworld
The Suffering 1 & 2

Dino Crisis 1 & 2 (nothing beats the first one)
Driver 1 & 2 (how cool were they back in the day?!?!?)

Argh, there's more but I forget now.

If any or all next-gen consoles go digital only (meaning no more physical media), which has been widely rumored, I'm out.
I doubt they'll make ALL of them digital/cloud based/whatever.
But I agree.
It would suck.
[]

Old 10-04-2012, 09:16 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Check [link=http://video.heraldsun.com.au/2244866310/Worlds-biggest-video-game-fan?area=videohighlights2]THIS[/link] out.... [X(]

Old 10-05-2012, 03:26 AM
Anthoop

Mentioning some great games there again DVP....DinoCrisis/Getaway/Driver...how about MetalGearSolid 1/2...I spent many hours running around under a box..lol
As you, there are so many I can not remember...I enjoyed a few of the TomClancy games on Xbox..the one with Sam Fisher..can not remember what it was called, was great.
I have Resistance3 (came in bundle), I played it through but that was it..not great for me.
Ideally I would like a game like Battlefield3 but slower paced (online is just constant run and gun madness for me and I no longer have the reactions of a 14 year old. [:-] ) , I do love how it looks and the vehicles..guns..maps..etc.

(Link did not work for me..maybe my browser?)
Old 10-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Foxy

I'm currently playing a few of those old PS1 classics on my phone, attached to my TV, with a wireless PS3 pad. I kid you not. It's epic. I have like half the consoles that existed from PS1 and before on my phone, all playable full screen on tv and played with a bluetooth ps3 pad. Amazing stuff, blown a few of my friend's minds playing a soccer game on my phone with a BT ps3 pad. The galaxy s3 is quite a phone.

DVP mentioned Far Cry 2, which imo, was a 'far cry' (heh, see what I did thar?) from the original which was the second best FPS of all time, after the original Deus Ex. I'm currently playing borderlands 2 which is frankly, amazingly fun, and along with its predecessor, goes right up into the top ten FPSes. On the PS3 I tend to only play Tiger Woods, Street Fighter 2 and Midnight Club LA (oldie, but what a game), on the Xbox I used to only play Forza and Blur before I gave it away. On the PSP I play soccer and wipeout a lot, but I haven't touched the psp in a while, phone is superior.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Aaaah Wipeout.
Top game.

Old 03-10-2013, 08:41 AM
Anthoop

Warning, thread resurrection...

What has everyone been playing?
I have played:-
Tomb Raider Legends- only the same old TR but enjoyed the trip down memory lane.
Far Cry 3- I have never played any of the previous FC games and I found this excellent, highly recommend this to anyone.
Red Dead Redemption- Like everyone told me, GTA with horses. Completed most of it but it did bore me a little.
L.A.Noire- Whilst again it is similar to GTA in many ways it is also very different...enjoyed.
Resident Evil 6- I knew this was going to be bad as I had played the demo previously....but I did not realise it would be that bad.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:25 AM
Foxy

On the consoles, nothing. Pc left them behind quite few years ago now. Been playing some skyrim and gta4 on the PC the last few months.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Anthoop

Friend of mine keeps telling me to try Skyrim, still do not think I would like it.

Many people can enjoy games on any platform....hey, even yesteryear games on phones can be fun....
I only use the PC for gaming with a wheel or a joypad....I do not own a mouse...PC gaming for me is limited.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.