Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Automation: The Car Company Tycoon Game

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 12:18 AM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automation: The Car Company Tycoon Game

So i recently came across this new game i thought i would share with you guys, I'm like most guys very mechanically inclined and love games/sims like these to play around with. I grew up with games like midnight club or nfsu. They were fun but i wanted nitty gritty workings of the motors and such, when street legal racing redline came out i had hours of fun playing around building motors, suspension combo's etx so when i discovered this game i was ecstatic and had to share with my fellow gear heads.

http://automationgame.com/
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=93233471
https://www.facebook.com/AutomationGame

Instead of rambling on here's copy pasted from there steam green light description.

About the Game

Automation allows the player to become an armchair CEO - to build their own car company from the ground up. Create and run anything from a boutique supercar manufacturer to a mass-market multinational mogul. With powerful tools like the Engine Designer, the player can create cars and their engines in mind-boggling detail.

The grand campaign starts in the year 1946 and runs until 2020, with the main goal being to build a successful, renowned car company from scratch. All types of car manufacturers can be led to success if managed properly; building the right image over the years is key. The player’s tasks are to design engines and cars, to manage factories, production, R&D, as well as advertising campaigns. In game, time advances at the pace the player chooses and pauses automatically for events and occurrences.

Automation is comprised of three major game components - the Engine Designer, the Car Designer and the Company Manager. These components are naturally strung together by the game’s goals, made to be user-friendly and intuitive to use. A multitude of tutorial missions, videos, and descriptive texts help car novices become experts. Almost infinite options give the player all the creative freedom to create unique cars with vastly different engines.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:23 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Automation: The Car Company Tycoon Game

Too bad it's not out yet. Looks pretty good.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:33 AM
DarkFire989

Looks like fun.

Street Legal Redline. My childhood in a nutshell right there. Loved that game.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:30 AM
narwalrus
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

Looks like fun.

Street Legal Redline. My childhood in a nutshell right there. Loved that game.
Just gonna say that. Downloading it again right now... the mods on it now are great, worth downloading it just for that if you haven't tried them.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:57 AM
DarkFire989

Oh I played the game when it was in its hay day. I also played the original. I havent looked up the modding community in awhile though.

Edit: Just looked some up, I can't believe GOM Team still exists.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:02 PM
The Hedgehog

Just gave it my vote on Greenlight. Looks pretty polished.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:48 PM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

I've been toying with the demo and its a lot of fun, if i had the cash i would of per-orded it so i could get into the beta and try the v8's and such.

As for slr, gom team has everything for it and they even had the community patches and full game to download and its even hosted on gamefront (FileFront). It's just nice games like this are still being made and what not. I don't see us getting a new mainstream studio doing another game like midnight club or doing a remake of underground anytime soon.