Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

How'd Work Go?

Old 10-25-2012, 04:55 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How'd Work Go?

This is a thread for all those people who get home from work, get on the computer, get to there favorite threads, and then fall asleep. Here you can make ridiculously long posts about how awful (or how good) your day was. I'll start:
I do yard work and today my boss hired two guys to feed a chipper that he rented. Everything was going great till the one guy found a bee's nest in some brush, and ran into the truck. Just before he closed the door, 4 bee's flew in with him. His buddy in the seat next to him didn't get it, but boy, did he! Got it all up his arm and around the neck. Then I discovered a mouse nest with like 4 or 5 babies. Dang did that smell! After that the shear key on the chipper sheared off when the hydrolic motor fell off. Crazy stuff man! The boss then took the chipper in, and they are supposed to be fixing it tonight. Today was so tiring,...I can hardly stay awake and it's only 8:56.
Ok, now I've posted the first one, who's next?
Old 10-25-2012, 04:57 PM
The Hedgehog

Default RE: How'd Work Go?

ORIGINAL: DieHard1207

This is a thread for all those people who get home from work, get on the computer, get to there favorite threads, and then fall asleep.
But I do that at work?
Old 10-25-2012, 04:58 PM
DieHarder

lol. You must have a desk job.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:30 AM
Eman77

Desk job FTW!
Old 10-27-2012, 04:20 PM
DieHarder

Wish I end up with one.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:34 PM
cumminspower5.9
My Feedback: (4)

Yes desk job do suck, but to an extent. My desk job is interesting. Get to deal with pissed off customer, and then forward them to our sales team lol. I usually leave work and smoke 3-5 cigs on my half hour drive. It can get quite stressful. But i haven't been to work since Thursday, I was sick Friday so I took a personal day [8D]
Old 10-28-2012, 06:16 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well... our shop has about 3 welders, when it should have at least 8. Our work load is ****ing enormous. I have worked weekends for the past 2 months. It's ridiculous.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:54 AM
DieHarder

I've had to work Saturdays for a month now.[]
Old 10-28-2012, 12:47 PM
DieHarder

Ha! Just got the day off!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Work is a cruel hag lately. Thanks for asking.

Borderlands 2 is taking the edge off at the moment. Play it, you owe it to yourself (that's aimed at everyone tbh )
Old 10-29-2012, 11:03 AM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

I am lucky just to have today off! I work 65-70 hours and drive about 2000 miles per week. When I do get home I'm usually too tired to ever turn the computer on.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:27 PM
DieHarder

WOW!!! No wonder your tired. You've got the work fever!You must go through cars fast too at 2000 miles a week!
ORIGINAL: yakfish

I am lucky just to have today off! I work 65-70 hours and drive about 2000 miles per week. When I do get home I'm usually too tired to ever turn the computer on.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:39 AM
yakfish

WOW!!! No wonder your tired. You've got the work fever![img][/img] You must go through cars fast too at 2000 miles a week![img][/img]

In the last 4+ years I have been doing this I have gone thru 3 VW jettas (I'm now on my 4th), a Jeep cherokee, Nissan Pathfinder that my wife drives now and a Ford Focus (POS). I will buy most pof them used with some miles on them so I'm not wasting too much on a nicer car that I'm just going to wear out. each of the last four years I have put on between 85K-120K per year. Gas prices are killer!But three of my jettas have been TDIs which are dielsel and get upwards of 50 MPG so that helps alot.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:34 AM
DieHarder

6 cars in the last 4+ years, and your on your 7th!?!? And 85K-120K a year?!?!? That's crazy! (I can see where getting 50mpg helps. Must be saving alot of money that way with driving so much.)

WOW!!! No wonder your tired. You've got the work fever![img][/img]You must go through cars fast too at 2000 miles a week![img][/img]

In the last 4+ years I have been doing this I have gone thru 3 VW jettas (I'm now on my 4th), a Jeep cherokee, Nissan Pathfinder that my wife drives now and a Ford Focus (POS). I will buy most pof them used with some miles on them so I'm not wasting too much on a nicer car that I'm just going to wear out. each of the last four years I have put on between 85K-120K per year. Gas prices are killer!But three of my jettas have been TDIs which are dielsel and get upwards of 50 MPG so that helps alot.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:42 AM
Eman77

Good grief yakfish - do you just live ludicrously far from work and have a killer commute, or the sort of job where you're driving all over the place all the time?
Old 10-31-2012, 10:06 PM
yakfish

ORIGINAL: Eman77

Good grief yakfish - do you just live ludicrously far from work and have a killer commute, or the sort of job where you're driving all over the place all the time?

I run drugs all over the state![X(]

Yes... It's all legal!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:24 AM
The Hedgehog

They don't have any sort of company car then?
Old 11-01-2012, 08:24 AM
yakfish

ORIGINAL: The Hedgehog

Nope, I'm an independant contractor.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Independent pharmaceutical distributor.. I get it..

Sounds legit..

(joke)
Old 11-05-2012, 04:08 AM
DieHarder

I haven't worked it a while. [] Guess since winter is coming, I'll be laid off through most of it.[]
Old 11-09-2012, 04:09 AM
DieHarder

Any Plans for the weekend?
Old 11-09-2012, 07:50 PM
DieHarder

[X(]Did this thread die too?!
Old 11-09-2012, 09:30 PM
iexion

I haven't worked it a while. [] Guess since winter is coming, I'll be laid off through most of it.[]
Yes laid off two days before my birthday[:@]
Im extremely pissed at the situation. Some punk @$$ 19 year old decides to let us know on the night shift he wasn't going to do his job (run his saw) and one of the other guys is talking to our supervisor about this while the 19y.o. is literately walking around talking to whoever and doesn't do a single bit of production. Supervisor is WELL aware of this while the company is getting ready for another round of lay-offs the very next Monday. Monday the 19y.o. is still there.... Supervisor tells me the company is in process of lay-offs and they have to let me go... "you mean to tell me your keeping him even after what happened on Thursday and ive been here a year and he's been here 4 months thats im getting let go?!?!?"

W...T...F...[:@][:@][:@] That was one of the biggest slaps in the face/back stabs ive ever had from anyone let alone a job. Everyone else was in shock I got laid off (i was pretty much the team lead while the real lead was on military leave). @ 27 Ive been laid off 5 or 6 times now, ripped off from employers, hours cut to push you to quit etc. I know how this **** works. After getting screwed over that bad, its going to be hard to work somewhere and care about it the company.

Just F'ing pissed

Old 11-09-2012, 09:44 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: iexion

I haven't worked it a while. [] Guess since winter is coming, I'll be laid off through most of it.[]
Yes laid off two days before my birthday[:@]
Im extremely pissed at the situation. Some punk @$$ 19 year old decides to let us know on the night shift he wasn't going to do his job (run his saw) and one of the other guys is talking to our supervisor about this while the 19y.o. is literately walking around talking to whoever and doesn't do a single bit of production. Supervisor is WELL aware of this while the company is getting ready for another round of lay-offs the very next Monday. Monday the 19y.o. is still there.... Supervisor tells me the company is in process of lay-offs and they have to let me go... ''you mean to tell me your keeping him even after what happened on Thursday and ive been here a year and he's been here 4 months thats im getting let go?!?!?''

W...T...F...[:@][:@][:@] That was one of the biggest slaps in the face/back stabs ive ever had from anyone let alone a job. Everyone else was in shock I got laid off (i was pretty much the team lead while the real lead was on military leave). @ 27 Ive been laid off 5 or 6 times now, ripped off from employers, hours cut to push you to quit etc. I know how this **** works. After getting screwed over that bad, its going to be hard to work somewhere and care about it the company.

Just F'ing pissed

this is america now, if i where you move, lord knows as soon as I have enough I will leave so fast it will make your head spin.

same has happend to me, your not alone.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:12 AM
lee172

ORIGINAL: The Hedgehog

Nope, I'm an independant contractor.
Always handy to know...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.