Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Just want to introduce myself

Old 11-10-2012, 10:26 PM
StreetRacingJunkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just want to introduce myself

Good evening! Just signed up to this forum. Im farely new to this hobby lifestyle. Started with
Redcat and now Im into on road racing. I now currently own a OFNA Ultra Gtp2.
Im running a Castle Creation 2650kv motor, Hobbywing 150 amp esc, 6s lipo,
running stock spur gear with a 22t pinion gear. I come to you gor advice and pointers on
ideas so i can get more top speed. Thank you and look forward in learning.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:53 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Just want to introduce myself

Welcome to the forum! I have a Ofna GTP2e as well and I have hit 110mph on the gps with it running a Mamba Monster 2200 on 6s. This car has potential to hit 130+ on 6s. How fast do you have it now? I would guess with your current setup on 6s it should top out at around 80-85MPH. Are you still running the stock tires/wheels? for top speed runs you will need tire that don't expand at high speeds. you will need to run a set of belted rubber tires or foam tires. RCMonster.com sell a spur gear adaptor that will allow you to run smaller Revo spur gears. I am running a 36T spur with a 34T pinion. If you want any more info or have some more questions about your setup feel free to PM me.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:37 PM
StreetRacingJunkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just want to introduce myself

Thank you very much. Im running PMT wheels . i will definetely pm you. Ohce again thank you.