Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What is going on with the NFL?

At risk of possibly violating some of my noncontroversial views as a moderator, I still feel like making this thread. If anyone feels offended please PM me immediately and I will lock or remove the thread, and if if you feel I don't take enough action place PM RCken about it.

But here's the thing. I'm not a HUGE football fan but I do enjoy the game and as a Bay Area native I'm a fan of the 49ers. What is really upsetting me is that not just the 9ers, but at least 3 other NFL teams are dealing with players who are allegedly involved in domestic or child abuse. Some of these players are being allowed to play while the investigations are ongoing and some have have been suspended. But either way, the NFL is suffering from a huge epidemic of players or officials who are mistreating women or children. Now, I'm not a violent person at all, in fact I'd resort to ANY means of handling a situation before violence - but when it comes to men abusing women, I have zero tolerance for that. I have close female friends (and some ex-girlfriends) who have been abused by "boyfriends" and other men. That sort of stuff makes my blood boil, and I seriously consider hospitalizing any man who hurts an innocent woman or child.

So what does it take now? the NFL is basically showing that if you have enough money you're allowed to abuse women and children with little or no recourse. It says something very scary about our culture I think. We as Americans worship sports stars, pay no attention to scientists, human rights activists, etc. A sports star is a "god" in our view. And that somehow makes them exempt from basic morality? If (and yes this is an extreme example) Stephen Hawking did something to hurt a woman or child, the media would destroy him - never mind that he's made more contributions to humanity than anyone alive today probably. But if some barely high school educated, barely "Real English" speaking wannabe gangsta kid who is being paid 100+ million a year to play a game does something like that we defend them? please.

My point is. I don't give a rodent's rear end if you have no education or a PhD. Nor do I care if you make minimum wage or $50 million a year - if you abuse another human being, especially a woman or child, you have no respect from me and and I will do what I can to see you in prison.

The NFL needs to figure out where they're loyalty is. Is it with the millions of fans who for the most part agree with me? or is it with a few players who have the educations of monkeys and think it's ok to beat up someone you disagree with?

I don't have any children, but about 18 months ago my ex-girlfriend Megan was beaten to death by one of her new boyfriends. This guy got away with it, because he already had a contract with the NFL after college.

She spent 7 months in a coma until her brain died completely. She was in medical school, on her way to becoming a neurosurgeon.But no, the average American cares more about our sports stars than our doctors.

I know that religion is off topic on these forums, especially as a moderator I should know that. But let me leave it simply at this - if you believe (in any faith) would you approve of woman and children dying because "sports" and economics are more important?
    RCUniverse.com | Wattflyer.com | RCUvideos.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Damn straight. 1+.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    That's Merica priorities for ya. Its all about the money but, not how much they make but, how viable they are. They just "suspend" them to please the public, meanwhile they just sit at home or on the sidelines while still getting paid. When you take into consideration most kids who look to these guys as heros, well.... they set a terrible example of how a real man should act. I am sure it happens more than we see but they keep a tight lid on it. Only reason the Rice thing came out was because of the video. American priorities are sad and disturbing while the worst part being that stuff like this is just the tip of the iceberg in that aspect. Anyways, resistance is futile as long as everyone plays follow the leader.
    If you are a cyber spacecadet, stop wasting bandwidth and unplug the modem.