Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

the JANG/Ultimate RC?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 04:28 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts
Default the JANG/Ultimate RC?

anyone hear anything about URC lately? forums been down for close to a year now, haven't herd anything. doesn't look like anythings been done (looks can be deceiving, i know) but sense Jangs not doing youtube videos anymore and doesn't seem to be involved in RC anymore im seriously wondering if he's just letting it go.
anyone heard anythng? anyone tried to contact him?
Old 06-25-2018, 02:35 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Sad. Isn't it?

I heard nothing. Surely somebody had to be close to him and knows what went down.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:00 PM
suburban_hooligan

An automated server-side upgrade rendered some crucial older scripts unusable
is what happened (its on the main page) im just wondering if anyone has tried to contact him or knows if he's even trying to repair it.

the message on the main page says
Forum is down for technical reasons*. The fix will unfortunately be difficult and will take some time. Apologies for the inconvenience.
makes you think he's actually fixing it. but it's been down sense i think August (if im remembering right) and the message on the homepage hasn't changed. im looking for an update. cause at this point im thinking he's just abandoning it
Old 06-26-2018, 03:12 PM
RustyUs

".....will take some time."

It's gone. I gave up hope after the third month or so.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:22 PM
RustyUs

If it was being fixed, there would have been update messages every so often. At least, that's what I would have done.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:43 PM
makya
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey hooligan, it's perry.I tried to contact him a couple of times about helping or possibly purchasing the site from him, but he never responded.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:10 AM
suburban_hooligan

i can understand him not wanting to sell it, it is attached to (a now defunct) youtube channel. and the whole thing might be an LLC or part of one.
but man, no response, no reply, no nothing. that almost seems odd. forms been down for what, almost a year and a half now?
at this point iv finally accepted the fact that it's not coming back. still an explanation would be nice

Last edited by suburban_hooligan; 12-27-2018 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:29 PM
butt_housed247

still no word, no update, no nothing huh?
Old 04-12-2020, 04:18 PM
NikkoCharger

Just tried going to the URC website and its completely gone, just redirects to the youtube page. I guess its gone for good now...
Old 04-12-2020, 04:29 PM
suburban_hooligan

it's been redirecting like that for a few months now. it's gone for good
Old 08-17-2020, 03:03 AM
Banana-9

Jang is now doing Lego, you can still find him on youtube as JANGBRICKS or JK Brickworks, I joined this forum just to update the few people on here that were asking but I might as well keep lurking around here
Old 06-08-2023, 07:34 PM
RC_Antics

I know I am probably beating a dead horse here. Like Banana-9 said, Jang is now doing Lego. But I will elaborate a bit, since I saw the end of the URC channel on yt. I could tell something was up, and I read some stuff on his forum right before it went down. He did detail that there would be no further RC content, and he was getting out of the hobby due to toxicity, and his own mental health. I truly feel bad for the man, he honestly loved RC, but had to quit due to his status in the community and people attacking him over his own views and choices. Sadly this happened to him YET AGAIN in the Lego community and he recently had to take a hiatus, which he has returned from and posted a video explaining it and laying outright that he will not tolerate the harassment people are doing to him any longer. I honestly feel for the guy, he doesn't deserve the muck people sling at him, he's just a normal guy like everyone else trying to enjoy his life. Sad that twice now something he holds near and dear to his heart is getting crapped on by the very communities he helped nurture and create...
Old 06-09-2023, 04:56 PM
suburban_hooligan

he was doing lego at the same time he was doing RC. i even remember him making comments about the lego content being more profitable.
but that's not the reason he stopped doing RC videos. i think i remember him taking a "mental health hiatus" from youtube shortly before the RC thing went down the crapper. i do remember him talking about the track he was using for testing and comparisons closed and apparently it's illegal to RC in public in the San Fan$#!+sco area. he had to travel like 40 minutes to get to a place to run. made filming very time consuming and difficult and made comparison videos almost impossible.

did you use the URC forum back in the day? if so what was your user name?
Old 07-01-2023, 01:44 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by suburban_hooligan
did you use the URC forum back in the day? if so what was your user name?
I was on there as . . . wait for it . . . kistner
Old 01-28-2024, 10:45 AM
suburban_hooligan

just ran across the old URC youtube channel. im pretty sure he's deleted some videos, but its showing the last video being from 10 years ago! forums been gone for about 7 now. doesn't seem like it's been that long.