Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Legal Cocaine

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 08:54 AM
maximusgladimus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legal Cocaine

Watch this story...

Parents are very worried about a new energy drink being sold under the name of - and we're not making this up – "Cocaine."

At 280 milligrams of caffeine, the energy drinks claims it's 350 percent stronger than Red Bull.

In fact, the "Cocaine" drink claims to have nearly as much caffeine as espresso. But it's the name, not the strength of the drink, which alarms parents.

The high-energy drink is being billed as a "legal alternative" to the class A drug. Its maker claims the title is "a bit of fun" but critics slammed the technique as a cynical ploy which could tempt young people into using drugs.

The drink's inventor, Jamie Kirby, said: "It's an energy drink, and it's a fun name. As soon as people look at the can, they smile."

According to the company's website, the only way to get more caffeine per ounce is with an espresso.

Raynes added: "The fact is that subliminally, it is making the image of drug use cool and that's what kids what to be, cool.

"Kids will be drinking Cocaine and will inevitably link the two. The drink is relatively innocuous, but they will be linking it with cocaine use and the market, which is far from innocuous."
Old 09-24-2006, 09:17 AM
livindead

Default RE: Legal Cocaine

yeah at the same time mt dew is telling those same kids to jump off a mountain....slim jim even shows people doing stuipd and danderous things.....its an etreme market that evey one is selling to these days..the more outragous or dangerous the product seems the better it will sell.....why do kids even need energy drinks is the real question....they should be tring to market them to older dudes like me ......and call it get your ***** outta bed you gotta go to work drinks.....it is a stupid name but look at what the world is like... it makes since from a marketing point of view
Old 09-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't think that it will go over too well on the market, what's next Heroin?
The original Coca-Cola when it first came out had cocaine as one of its ingredients, the "Coca" in the name. When cocaine was outlawed, the coke was gone but the name has endured
Remeber a few years ago when some clown came out with a drink that came in what looked like booze bottles and how long that lasted?
Why don't they just call it Poison or Deadly Drug.
Sorry, I find the name far from cute.
James Kirby is an ass to think that it's a "fun" name, no wonder that people are outraged.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:31 AM
ScRacing

it dosn't botehr me, i don't need energy drinks, i don't car what other peaple drink, if they want pure caffien, hten let them. And althoe it is a trace amount, coca cola still has some cocain in it, so i think this drink, althoe retardedly named, is still leagle.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:19 PM
SpeedAddict

Energy drinks are getting way out of hand. I know people who drank themselves to insomnia from them. They may have stopped drinking the Red Bulls and Monsters, but they couldn't sleep. Weight loss pills and "meal plans" re getting way out of hand too. You can't watch 10 commercials without seeing at least 2 or 3 commercials with diet pills or ways to lose fat. The fact is that it WILL lead to the use of the drug most likely, and that isn't funny at all. Kids will drink the thing, like it, and say, "Hmmmm....I wonder what real cocaine is like." That is the problem and I don't think this will last long.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:38 PM
maximusgladimus

I drink read bull some times not all of the time only when its been a long day or night mix it with voca hmm
Old 09-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Frank88888888

Wow is it my imagination or are people runing out of names not just for drinks but for everything there are two movies right now one called "The Gaurdian" and "The Protector" seriously and about the drink its not the company who made it's fault its the parents who go out and buy a little kid a bottle of crack...and as some people said why does a litle kid need a energy drink the only times i drink energy drinks is before a game(i play baseball and soccer) and when i want to stay up reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal late and red bull is nasty i hate it i drink sobe which i find to be the only good tasting one.

mix it with voca hmm
really good taste but i heard it makes people get seizers[:@]
Old 09-24-2006, 04:28 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: maximusgladimus

I drink read bull some times not all of the time only when its been a long day or night mix it with voca hmm
You mean vodka right?! What a waste. The alcohol and the caffine have opposite effects, so it really doesn't do anything - until the end of the night, when you regret drinking the stuff in the first place.

To keep this on topic - it's a marketing gimmic, nothing more nothing less. It's getting media attention because of it's name, and that's what they intended.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Frank88888888

it's a marketing gimmic, nothing more nothing less. It's getting media attention because of it's name, and that's what they intended.
So techniqualy by making this post someone is going to read this thread and go try it there for making them get more sales[:@] same happens if it comes out on the news or anything else
Old 09-24-2006, 05:52 PM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Frank88888888

it's a marketing gimmic, nothing more nothing less. It's getting media attention because of it's name, and that's what they intended.
So techniqualy by making this post someone is going to read this thread and go try it there for making them get more sales[:@] same happens if it comes out on the news or anything else
Guess we should both shut up before we boost their profits any more then
Old 09-24-2006, 06:14 PM
silent_echo

energy drinks are crap, if you need sleep, go sleep, dont drink energy crap. i do like red bull though, just because it sponsours alot of extreme sports like mtb and such but thats all, i still dont drink it[:'(]
Old 09-24-2006, 06:15 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: snowbl!nd

To keep this on topic - it's a marketing gimmic, nothing more nothing less. It's getting media attention because of it's name, and that's what they intended.
I say this marketing gimmic wil be their downfall. The zeitgeist of modern society is that any reference to illegally used recreational drugs is a serious taboo. This will cause many to leave the drink on the shelves at the store. Heck, people might begin to boycott the stores that carry this drink because they sell "Cocaine."

As far a a gimmic name for a drink, why not call it Kick-In-The-*****? That would be a much more benign name and still be wicked funny!
Old 09-25-2006, 10:25 PM
SpeedAddict

Yeah seriously. Rock Candy makes some people bounce off the walls, but no one ever came out with some called "Meth". It's bad publicity and when you start bad from the get-go, it'll shut you down quick. I hope that happens.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:08 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i thaink that its is VERY stupid to make an anegy drink thats called "cocaine". The only one i drink is monster and thats like hardly ever. Most other nrg drinks accept lost suck. [:'(]
Old 10-09-2006, 11:20 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

There is a legal problem that I know of here in Michigan and that is the selling of an imitation controlled substance. If a Narc were to ask you for some cocaine and you sold him (or her) a can of this, you'd be busted. I've heard of people being approached by Narc's and asking for some "rock". A person picked up a pebble off the ground and said, "here you go" and got hauled away.
I don't see this product name happening.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:49 PM
Mr. Mugen

go fishing
Old 10-10-2006, 02:24 AM
Rare

Sad.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:39 AM
Ca$hmoney