Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

airsoft?

Old 10-11-2006, 11:48 PM
R/C fan-addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airsoft?

Ok me and my 4 other friends want to buy a bunch of spring airsoft guns to have a huge fight! I looked on amazon and found a couple I think are okay. I know these aren't high quality but I can't make it cost more than $20 per person with shipping and BB's included so there's not much budget to work with. Also none of us have had an airsoft before so it really doesn't matter if it has cool features or not, but the scope, lazer, or flashlight is always cool!

Here's the gun:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=UTF8&v=glance

Also it seems the grenade quick loader is not too handy for loading so does one of those 120 round push a lever quick loader things work better?

I also want to get myself a better gun so I saw this one:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...UIBC8&v=glance

I like the idea of being able to pump the handle rather than needing to push down on the top section to cock the gun.

Does anyone have any suggestions? A C02 gun is out of the question since we will need to buy cartriges which cost a little more than we would like to spend. Thanks!
Old 10-11-2006, 11:49 PM
R/C fan-addict

Default RE: airsoft?

oh and here are the BB's:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...Q823R&v=glance
Old 10-12-2006, 06:01 PM
ferrariowner123

my spoiled neighbor ( and when i say spoiled i mean he has a lotus!) bought a 385 dollars automatic riffle and i thought he was a total dumb*** for spending that much money on a freeking airsoft gun. nothing against airsoft but that seems a bit much.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:21 PM
-Inverted-

my spoiled neighbor ( and when i say spoiled i mean he has a lotus!)
I wouldn't think someone who owns a ferrari would call that spoiled. Oh wait....
Old 10-12-2006, 06:26 PM
ProRCRacer88

What is the point of toy guns shooting plastic BBs? Since they are so cheap, im guessing they wont last long.[&:]
Old 10-12-2006, 06:34 PM
BAMF90
My Feedback: (1)

I wouldn't think someone who owns a ferrari would call that spoiled. Oh wait....
You beat me to it![]
Old 10-12-2006, 06:36 PM
BAMF90

How about this one. http://www.amazon.com/NYPD-Machine-F...sporting-goods

It says $100, but click on where it says to see the price, they have it on sale for $25.

OR

This one.
http://www.amazon.com/Airsoft-Rifle-...303959?ie=UTF8
Old 10-12-2006, 08:35 PM
R/C fan-addict

eh I don't like the huge guns cause we'll be playing in the woods and doing a lot of running and stuff so shotgun size is the maximum. Did I pick good guns?
Old 10-12-2006, 08:51 PM
SAVAGEJIM

This girl I work with was griping about her husband when he and his friends bought airsoft guns. I listened in and could not hekp myself from laughing. Her first grip was that her husband spent about $300 on airsoft guns and accessories. Then she started to gripe about her husband's friends being over all the time partaking in this "childish" hobby. She continued to gripe about how her husband would come in with whelps all over his face and body! She descibed the whelps as large bruisies like you would get from being hit by a paint ball marker! Is this possible with airsoft guns? I thought airsoft was menat as an alternative to paintball markers without the bruises. I could be way wrong.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:59 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

I don't know about paintball size welps and bruises but my airsoft gun will shoot through coke cans so I assume it would hurt quite a bit to get shot by it at close range.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:34 PM
AznBash3r

i pla airsoft with a bunch of other friends and set bunkers in a big field, fun as hell. dont get bb grenades, they hurt like shiz when they explode. im warning you! if your gonna get an airsoft gun that will last and shoot like a dream get an off-brand like CYMA or WELLS that have all the neccessary equipments. a "cheater" aka laser sight is a pretty cool thing to use, but only at night, and sometimes seeing at night time is hard especially with goggles. airsoft is REALLY fun when your loaded with weapons. get a speed loader (forces bbs into the magazine,fast), a nice automatic pistol, and a good rifle. when you are shooting from a distance, use the rifle, then rush up to them and glock em in the face with your auto . this "sport" can be really fun, next to paintballing. just dont get too into it, cuz the next thing to being crazy about airsoft is to just play paintball.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:37 PM
AznBash3r

and pleaaase...dont buy from amazon! amazon is for dvds and used books, not for airsoft. i think they check if your state allows them or not, they recently banned airsoft in illinois, so be careful where you play yours. best place to buy them is on eBay or www.raidentech.com or go to wisconsin and buy them, they have a store just for airsoft!
Old 10-13-2006, 12:30 AM
R/C fan-addict

yeah it'd be awesome if we could get rifles too but some of my friends don't want to spend that much so we're all getting the same cheap pistol and then if we want we can also buy some other stuff. That's why I am buying the shotgun. Why not buy from amazon? They have a large variety and better prices than the link.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:05 PM
AznBash3r

best place to buy airsoft is locally. and btw, shotguns hurt...alot! lmao
Old 10-13-2006, 05:33 PM
andrewtexas123

Acording to my knowlege you picked the worst guns possible, lookat the plastic you swing that gun around and hit a tree SNAP! You do not need any thing electric it will be slow the bbs will curve and it gets jamed realy easy. Get a good strong gun if you have a Local Acadamey (You know the "Sports and out doors") that have better guns there Get a good brand like Colt (have a couple of good ones) Smith and wesson these guns are around 25-45 they get high but it aint worth it... If you need a couple of pics i will get some.. I have been with these toys for around 4 years and have been through at least 17 guns every thing from rifles to pocket guns from spring to electric to co2. I have gotten to the point where i can shoot my self in the leg in this certian spot and i dont feel it lol!

Need any thing [email protected]
-Andrew
Old 10-13-2006, 05:35 PM
andrewtexas123

Just sall this link
http://www.raidentech.com/ No! Good... Serch on google airspot or airsplat
Old 10-13-2006, 05:52 PM
AznBash3r

dont get from raidentech, im just giving you the idea of guns. i own a couple of the guns on raidentech, but i bought them from wisconsin, and they are really durable, especially with how i use it. guns in places that also sell basketballs, baseballs, fishing equipment...you know what i mean... their guns are highly over priced and not as strong. my friend has one that he bought from a place called Galyans here which is a sports store, and his gun already broke. it costed him $50 for a gun and a mask. he never liked it from the beggining, because the gun would always get jammed. doesnt really matter what you get, but make sure you read about the item and what people think about it first.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:49 PM
R/C fan-addict

the problem is most of my friends aren't going to give out $30 per gun! They want to spend like $10 for a bunch of BB's and a gun. I think they are good enough for our purposes...
Old 10-14-2006, 09:48 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Check at www.shortyusa.com

Go to the spring guns and look through them, I'm pretty sure they have some that are under $20. Most dont come with BB's but for what yall are doing you could probably just get a 1000 pack (like $5) and split them up between everybody.