Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Straing e-mail from some dude in africa

Old 12-04-2006, 10:37 PM
ScRacing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Straing e-mail from some dude in africa

ok, enjoy, i sure did, and please, every one e-mail him just to anoy him for makeing up so much werd stuff ?

JOHANNESBURG
REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA
Currently in London,contact
my brother in London at :
Tel : +44 704 0187 318
Fax: +44 703 0404 168 .
Email: [email protected]

Dear Sir,
PRIVATE AND HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL
Greeting! I know you will be surprised to read from me, but please this letter is a request from a family in dire need of assistance. I am Mr. Mohammed Williams from Angola.The first and the only son of Brigadier Chanza Williams communicating to you from Johannesburg, South Africa.
I got your address from my random search at the net. And, I on behalf of my widowed mother Mrs. Bridget Williams decided to solicit for your assistance to transfer the sum of US$35.8 Million (Thirty five Million Eight Hundred Thousand United States Dollars), which he deposited in a safe box to private security company in Johannesburg, South Africa.
In fact, my father said, and I quote: “My son, I wish to draw your attention to US$35.8 Million (Thirty five Million Eight Hundred Thousand United States Dollars). I deposited the box containing the fund in a security company in Johannesburg, South Africa as valuables. During the war, I was very committed and dedicated in winning the war against the rebels, until I found out that the senior army officers and government functionaries were busy helping themselves with government funds and properties, sending them to foreign countries. Due to this, when the former adviser to the president and I were assigned by the president (JOSE EDUARDO SANTOS) to purchase arms in South Africa, we saw this as a golden opportunity and diverted the money and share it, of which I got a total sum of US$35.8 Million (Thirty five Million Eight Hundred Thousand United States Dollars).

In case of my absence on earth as a result of death, only you should solicit for assistance of a reliable and sincere foreign partner to assist you to transfer this money out of South Africa for investment purpose. I deposited the box in your name and you can claim it alone with deposited code. Your mother is with all the documents. Take good care of your mother and your sisters.
From these words of my late father, you can understand that life and future of my family depend on this fund, as such I will be grateful if you can assist us. We are now living in South Africa as political asylum seekers. Financial laws and regulations of the Republic of South Africa do not permit us certain financial rights. In view of this, I cannot invest this fund in South Africa hence; I am seeking your assistance to transfer this fund out of South Africa for investment purpose. For your assistance, we are prepared to offer you 25% of the total fund while 5% will be set aside for any expenses incurred during this transaction.
Please note that this transaction is 100% risk-free and the major thing I demand from you is to assure me the safety of this money when it finally gets to you. Further information and arrangement commence as soon as trust confidence and good relationship are established. I shall be most grateful if you maintain the confidentiality of this matter.Please, confirm your interest through the above contact telephone numbers or email of my brother in London.

All response to [email protected]

Best regards,

MOHAMMED WILLIAMS.
{For the family}

Old 12-04-2006, 10:54 PM
-Inverted-

Default RE: Straing e-mail from some dude in africa

Ive gotten SOOOO many of those e-mails. I love joking with them.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:59 PM
J_D

yeah its total bull****

eventually they ask for some form of personal info from you to steal your money.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:08 AM
boltech

gotta love the 409 scammers
Old 12-05-2006, 12:45 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

It's 419 scams named after the penal code number for them in Nigeria.
These are not people to mess with so don't do it. There are people who do though as you can see in www.419eater.com . It's comical what they make these people do including getting embarrassing tatoos.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:49 AM
ScRacing

Why do you say they arn't peaple to mess with ? I don't understand, are you saying like peaple have gotten hert responding to they'r e-mails calling them mildly egg headed, foolish, and having to much time on theyr hands? Cuase i already sent like 2 e-mails back to them. [&:] ow well
Old 12-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Ron Olson

Some people have been stupid enough to go as far as going to Nigeria to collect their money after getting the shaft from these people.
They also go as far as using the mail for their scams. My wife got one in the mail and it was all that I could do to tell her that it was a scam and had to show her the website to make her believe me. No telling how many people have been suckered into this stuff and have found their life savings tapped from their accounts and then some.
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:45 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Also, these people can be some revolutionary rebels with the intent of a coup d'etat (thats French that means government overthrow. Its literal translation is "blow of state").

Aside from taking your money, these guys could be way more violent and if someone is silly enough to actually go to South Africa and deliver them money directly, they risk being kidnapped and held for ransom (to add insult to injury, they of course would take they money the perso brought with him). They could see an American or other Westerner as a cash cow that their home governments would pay money to retrieve.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:33 PM
smaxx3.3

if i only email him he will kidnap me. that don't make sence
Old 12-05-2006, 07:19 PM
CadillacDTS2001

HAHA , for a scamer , he spells the same word wrong several times
this is to funny

To: Father Bruce Corbin
Date: Friday, November 11, 2005
Subject: To save lives

Dear potential saviour

I am a clergy man of the nigeria scripture union and my name is Rev.Nicholas Okorie presently residing in Imo state of Nigeria.

We are gathering fund for thepeople of the pakstan earthquake and would like to enquire for your assistance in finance??can you donateso that our greatness in togetherness can benefit the survivours in pakistan. i humbly requestfor necessary procedures that will enable a great work of goodness,as it will help many people in their environment.

i am expecting to hear from you to enable me know your anwer in this great spiritual journey.

You should also provide us with the following:

YOUR COMPANY'S NAME AND ADDRESS.
YOUR PERSONAL TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBERS.
YOUR PERSONAL ADDRESS.

Yours sincerly
Rev.Nicholas Okorie.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:36 PM
ferrariowner123

i dont get weird emails i just get weird voice mails. like in the middle of school i'll get a call and the voice mail will be some random asian lady offering some weird thing and i cant understand her half the time. but the latest one was what sound to be a girl like 25ish and she repeat here number like 3 time because she thought i didn't here it. [&:] weird, and my cell phone is going crazy, like it will vibrate giving month old voice mails that i've deleted before. i think thats a sign i need a new phone.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:06 AM
J_D

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

Some people have been stupid enough to go as far as going to Nigeria to collect their money after getting the shaft from these people.
They also go as far as using the mail for their scams. My wife got one in the mail and it was all that I could do to tell her that it was a scam and had to show her the website to make her believe me. No telling how many people have been suckered into this stuff and have found their life savings tapped from their accounts and then some.
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
yup but thats why they do it though... email 1000 ppl with a scam, and chances are your gunna get 1 or 2 sucked in.

theres always a certain % of ppl that are sucked in, and thats what these scammers prey on.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:17 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

I requested that he send me a picture of him holding up a sign with the words "PREP-H ROX".

(FYI: PREP-H ='s Preperation H for hemmeroids).
Old 12-06-2006, 12:22 AM
Ron Olson

I replied to one of these clowns once telling him that I knew what a 419 scam was and even linked to the site shown above. He replied that it was not a 419 scam as he wasn't in Nigeria!
A lot of these come from here in the US as well as France and other countries.
We get a lot of these scams being tried right here in the RCU Marketplace. I caught one last week trying to buy all high-dollar boats, offering to have shipping arranged and all kinds of other "promises". If you ever see any of these, please report them and they will be banned ASAP. One that should throw up a red falg immediately are those that offer to overpay for the item and ask that you keep some of the money for your time and trouble and refund them the rest.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:28 AM
-Inverted-

I requested that he send me a picture of him holding up a sign with the words "PREP-H ROX".
LOL. Some of the fools are fun to bait with. i asked the same person for a sign but he didn't want to. He sent me his refugee pass, I could almost swear hes using a picture of matin Lawrence.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:48 AM
boltech

People have gone to africa to get their money back and were never heard from again.
I get those in my hotmail constantly, I just delete them.

ORIGINAL: ScRacing

Why do you say they arn't peaple to mess with ? I don't understand, are you saying like peaple have gotten hert responding to they'r e-mails calling them mildly egg headed, foolish, and having to much time on theyr hands? Cuase i already sent like 2 e-mails back to them. [&:] ow well
Old 12-06-2006, 11:51 AM
boltech

and fyi these scammers also make money from submitting *ACTIVE* e-mail addresses to spammers.
so if you reply they know the e-mail address is valid and active. the best way to start getting spam is to reply to one of these mass e-mails.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:23 PM
hands without shadows

Scambaiting rules. Make a fake hotmail acount and use it. I usually try to get them to book me a nice hotel room, which can be checked online.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:09 PM
-Inverted-

Scambaiting rules. Make a fake hotmail acount and use it.
Nope. You want to use Gmail (theres a few others, but Gmail is the best) because it blocks your IP address.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:07 AM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

No reply thus far []
Old 12-07-2006, 01:44 PM
-whitey-

i keep getting those 2 they are soooo anoying.i never thought of messing aroud with these people wonder what i should tell them.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:33 PM
hands without shadows

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

Scambaiting rules. Make a fake hotmail acount and use it.
Nope. You want to use Gmail (theres a few others, but Gmail is the best) because it blocks your IP address.
I change my IP all the time, but thanks for that info, I didnt know that.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:32 AM
oregonrevoman

I have gotton calls at work for guys trying to buy trailers and have them shipped. They want to overpay for the shipping then I am supposed to western union the excess money to a "shipper" that the buyer has setup. Yeah right. Unfortunately a competitor up in portland fell for it and lost several hundered dollars. Just last week I got one emailed from my listing on craigslist for a mountain bike.
He said he wanted to be fair with me and pay an addl' $25 dollars, I had it listed for $625, so he could let it stay at my house because he was on business and out of town for a month or so. He wanted my address to mail the money to me. I emailed him and told him that was one of the lamest scams and gave him the old F/O. If he wanted to prove me wrong than he could email me with a number to get a hold of him, meet in a public place, and pay in cash. Needless to say he didn't email back. The funny thing is that listing was like 5 weeks old and he "wanted to know if I still had it". I bet there are many people that fall for that one as they get desperate to sell something that they haven't got much interest on. Good thing the RCU members are all perfect and honest and totally legit, lol. Joe
Old 12-09-2006, 01:40 AM
Ron Olson

Joe, we wish that it was so but the scammers have forund their way here. There is a list of banned scammers listed in the RCU Marketplace.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:44 PM
nabanta

Last night on 20/20 they had a show about the 419 scammers and it was quite interesting.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.