Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Having the time of my life

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 04:09 PM
CadillacDTS2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having the time of my life

Global warming is the best thing next to caned bread.
i love it. It is 13 degrees here rite now.
My pool is open at my condo !!!!. and so is the lake !!!
Its nuts I love it . I have been running my boats so much, i don't know of any year where i have run my boats in December.
All i have to say it i welcome it with open arms. if we get snow i hope that it doesn't stick around and we get a very early spring. [sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 12-20-2006, 05:08 PM
ProRCRacer88

Default RE: Havine the time of my life

Something isnt right here,Saturday,Sunday, and Monday, it was 70-75 degrees out, thats when people can wear shorts, but its december though.[&:] And then yesterday and today, its back down to 52 degrees.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:13 PM
CadillacDTS2001

oh well.
i love it !!! i wore shorts yesterday.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Wide Open

ah, dont tell me about an early spring. where i live there are only two seasons, sort of cold-ish winter, and amazingly hot summer. id love to see winter last a few months longer, but the 120 degree weather seems to come earlier every year.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Mr. Mugen

Default RE: Having the time of my life

Not to mention ice fishing everytime I'm on the lake with or with out kites, airplane, heli'sLOL We have all 4 seasons with winter being the longest. Usually starts mid nov. and ends sometime around late april early-mid may. I love every minute of our winters too. I like to take my kites out on the lakes with the snowboard and hit 60-90mph depending on the kite I use and the wind. I use tip ups while I kite and fly my planes. We plow a track on the lake for studded tires on our cars and trucks. Nothing like fishing and r/cing or kiting.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:08 PM
CadillacDTS2001

ORIGINAL: Mr. Mugen

Not to mention ice fishing everytime I'm on the lake with or with out kites, airplane, heli'sLOL We have all 4 seasons with winter being the longest. Usually starts mid nov. and ends sometime around late april early-mid may. I love every minute of our winters too. I like to take my kites out on the lakes with the snowboard and hit 60-90mph depending on the kite I use and the wind. I use tip ups while I kite and fly my planes. We plow a track on the lake for studded tires on our cars and trucks. Nothing like fishing and r/cing or kiting.
you can do that in water too . i tried it and it was great fun !! kite boarding
Old 12-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

ORIGINAL: eyekandyboats.inc

Global warming is the best thing next to caned bread.
i love it. It is 13 degrees here rite now.
My pool is open at my condo !!!!. and so is the lake !!!
Its nuts I love it . I have been running my boats so much, i don't know of any year where i have run my boats in December.
All i have to say it i welcome it with open arms. if we get snow i hope that it doesn't stick around and we get a very early spring. [sm=shades_smile.gif]
wait what? shouldent everything be all frozen if its that cold?
Old 12-20-2006, 06:13 PM
CadillacDTS2001

its not cold at all ~!!!! its 13 . oh i'm sorry for you Americans its like 75-80 . but i have no idea
Old 12-20-2006, 06:34 PM
Mr. Mugen

I kiteboard also. I have a sweet set-up for that.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:35 PM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

its not cold at all ~!!!! its 13 . oh i'm sorry for you Americans its like 75-80 . but i have no idea
The first time I read the first post in this thread, I was like (thinking in degrees F), "Oh, 13 degrees must be warm for them up north." Then I read it again, and I was like, "Oh, he means 13 degrees Celcius."
Old 12-20-2006, 06:36 PM
CadillacDTS2001

ORIGINAL: IBrakeForNobody

The first time I read the first post in this thread, I was like (thinking in degrees F), "Oh, 13 degrees must be warm for them up north." Then I read it again, and I was like, "Oh, he means 13 degrees Celcius."
LOL. yeah my igloo is melting
Old 12-20-2006, 07:06 PM
R/C fan-addict

haha! Yeah it's really warm here! I'm wearing a t-shirt most of the time. All I have to say that if this isn't global warming, then we are totally screwed when global warming kicks in!
Old 12-20-2006, 07:08 PM
CadillacDTS2001

Canada and central US will be tropical !!
its 7 at night here and its still 10 degrees
Old 12-20-2006, 07:45 PM
smaxx3.3

well this time last year we had like 1 1/2 foot of snow. yesterday was 65-70 out there. i want some snow!
Old 12-21-2006, 09:37 AM
rc monkey

Its like 2 degrees here[&o]
Old 12-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Seek and Destroy

It's 50 degrees here.
Old 12-21-2006, 02:00 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

oh your talkin celcius sry

wow that is realy nice it sucks hear in WI causeits cold and raining but its just one degresse above freezing so its not snowing which make me mad[:@]
Old 12-21-2006, 06:51 PM
rcdude37

we saw snow for about 4 days here... yea south dakota has a winter with no snow... seems like all the snow is staying to the south of me, everything that comes in is in the southern part of the state, normaly all the snow comes over us... granted its 20F here at the moment it's quite cold but yet it has been a pretty warm winter to date...
Old 12-21-2006, 11:52 PM
joeman11
My Feedback: (6)

Its funny how the media uses data from the last 20-50 years to say that there is global warming, where just 20 years ago they were talking about global cooling. Oh, i forgot, they said, as the global temp gets higher, we will get more severe storms everywhere. Well, thats what they said caused the 20-30 hurricanes last year. but, what about this year? nothing. maybe a tropical storm, and that might not even be put on the news. I don't know about you guys, but I think the media ran out of ideas and decided to talk to some crazy scientist saying that the Earth is going to cook itself. My earth science teacher told me not too long ago, that when a normal volcano erupts, it supplies the atmosphere with enough CO2(carbon dioxide) and water vapor, which those two gases are what make up the ozone, which blocks out harmful UV radiation, to equal the amount of fossil fuel exhaust in the U.S.A. in 100 years. I don't care if you believe what I just typed, but I have very strong feelings considering how the tree huggers are saying how we are killing the planet. I can say we are not helping it, but we are barely putting in a dent. Everythings a cycle, and everything in moderation. If you want to continue this discussion, drop me an email, I would like to hear your views. They are your opinions and I will respect them. My hands are cramping, thanks, Joe
Old 12-22-2006, 12:50 AM
R/C fan-addict

ORIGINAL: joeman11

Its funny how the media uses data from the last 20-50 years to say that there is global warming, where just 20 years ago they were talking about global cooling. Oh, i forgot, they said, as the global temp gets higher, we will get more severe storms everywhere. Well, thats what they said caused the 20-30 hurricanes last year. but, what about this year? nothing. maybe a tropical storm, and that might not even be put on the news. I don't know about you guys, but I think the media ran out of ideas and decided to talk to some crazy scientist saying that the Earth is going to cook itself. My earth science teacher told me not too long ago, that when a normal volcano erupts, it supplies the atmosphere with enough CO2(carbon dioxide) and water vapor, which those two gases are what make up the ozone, which blocks out harmful UV radiation, to equal the amount of fossil fuel exhaust in the U.S.A. in 100 years. I don't care if you believe what I just typed, but I have very strong feelings considering how the tree huggers are saying how we are killing the planet. I can say we are not helping it, but we are barely putting in a dent. Everythings a cycle, and everything in moderation. If you want to continue this discussion, drop me an email, I would like to hear your views. They are your opinions and I will respect them. My hands are cramping, thanks, Joe
tell ya what, I won't rant on you about what an idiot you are being, I'll just tell you to go watch the movie "An inconvienent Truth" and then you can come back and say what you just said again. The data in the movie was from several thousands of years back using ice drillings to see how much ice melted every year. I love the one point in the movie when he shows on his 30 by 80 foot projector screen the levels of C02 in the past few thousand years. Then he got to present day, got up on a scissor lift, and went up about 40 feet up and showed where C02 levels were today. With the volcano is complete bull, even I (I'm 14) have enough sense to see that that is absolutely ridicolous! Every car in the world releases several times its own weight in C02 in its lifetime (or maybe it was a year...) either way it's a ton! Then think about how many cars are in the world! See the point of "tree huggers" like me and many others is that if it is so easy to conserve energy and protect our enviroment and ensure that it is a good place to live for centuries to come then why not? Rather than throwing your candy wrapper on the ground, put it in your pocket and then put it in a trash can when you next see one. Recycle aluminum cans (hey you get 5 cents back per can! Not much, but it adds up) and other recyclables. And one that is very easy and will save you lots of money too, is switching to energy saver lights. Here's a link to what one looks like: http://www.ecogadgets.co.uk/catalog/images/P1010009.JPG
Rather than using the typical 60 watts, they use 14 watts and the are actually brighter, don't heat up as much, and are also cheaper. I picked up 6 lights for $3 at the local shop, which is less than the $1 each for a regular bulb. Also the energy saver bulbs last longer, and over their very long lifetime will save you quite a bit of money if you multiply the savings every year by how many lightbulbs you have! I'm not just saying this to joeman, but to everyone, go switch your lightbulbs! Even if you are too lazy, think of it this way, since they have a longer life they won't burn out as much so you won't need to replace them as much, directly appealing to your lazy side. If we just make simple changes in our lifestyles we can benefit economically, health wise, environmentally, quality wise, and also ease of use.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:13 AM
J_D

13 degrees celcius warm?? it doesnt even get that cold here in winter....

i get cold at 20 degrees celcius..lol
Old 12-22-2006, 09:54 AM
CadillacDTS2001

R/C fan addict.
that is so true .
also i have those energy saving light bulbs in my hole house and my house is big , and it has saves us quite a bit of money
Old 12-22-2006, 03:07 PM
R/C fan-addict

R/C fan addict.
that is so true .
also i have those energy saving light bulbs in my hole house and my house is big , and it has saves us quite a bit of money
yeah, everyone thinks of energy efficient stuff as really akward and annoying, but in fact it is a lot better in many ways!
Old 12-22-2006, 04:17 PM
CadillacDTS2001

ORIGINAL: R/C fan-addict

R/C fan addict.
that is so true .
yeah, everyone thinks of energy efficient stuff as really akward and annoying, but in fact it is a lot better in many ways!
want to hear something else.
we had a brown out about 2 weeks ago and the all the energy efficient bulbs burned just as bright as they would under full power.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:20 PM
A.B.U

55° F here, in Memphis TN ... usually is a bit warmer [&:]

SOMETIMES you'll see about 1 (if that) -3 inches of snow.. seldomly

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.