Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

car audio

Old 06-14-2007, 09:51 PM
dark321devil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car audio

i work at an electronic store and i get good discounts on kicker. i already have subs now i need to buy an amp and interior speakers. I also want to get their 30 channel equalizer the kq30. I was jus interested if any of you know if that has a crossover built in and also i want to get the 650 x 4 amp and rs652 speakers and ks69 speakers from kicker. How does the setup sound????? thanks.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:35 AM
TeamTFR
My Feedback: (45)

Default RE: car audio

I haven't had too much experience with Kicker, so I'd be interested in knowing how it sounds. Most of the time you'll get better sound if you mix and match components. I have a Sony head unit, Boston Acoustics front speakers, Bravox rear speakers, Monster Cable cap, Rockford Fosgate punch amp, Hollywood Digital 12 inch sub, and a no name voltage stabilizer. It sounds awesome and has the capability of blowing out my back window and cracking the windows in the cars next to me

Normally eq's have crossover built in, but I'll ask about it next time I go to the local audio shop (probably tomorrow lol).
Old 06-17-2007, 04:03 PM
The_Lost_Otter

Kicker soumds nice!! You can crank it up all the way with out the sound getting distorded.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:01 PM
-EXTRA-

i have a friend and he has kicker he said they hit real nice but dont sound the best...i would vote Alpine 12" subs he has 2 in a box and they sound awesome and can crack his windows along with the cars next to him and hes only running a 650 watt amp.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:11 PM
dark321devil

thanks. im ordering the speakers and amps tomorrow. i decided to get the rs652 for the front and ks693 for the rears and the zx650.4 amp which is 4 channel. i already have a headunit which is sony and i have mtx amp and sub which are 2 12's which push if i remember correctly 600 rms between the two.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:12 PM
dark321devil

o and i called kicker and they said the equalizer does not have a crossover built in.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:11 PM
RC freak

where are you going?SEMA?
Old 06-21-2007, 04:04 PM
dark321devil

lol. like i said i get really good discounts on that so beleive it or not i got that whole setup including all the necessary kicker wires for $456.75 including shipping and everything. that is why i went with high end equipment. it just got shipped 2day so i gotta wait a couple more days to get it.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:42 PM
dark321devil

beleive it or not i actaully just finished installing everything today. ye i know long time but after i got it my amp blew so had to send it back and then i got the replacment amp back the day before i went on a 3 week vacation. now i came back so i installed it and knock on wood everything works good and sounds amazing.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:11 AM
-Inverted-

I think JL and Infinity sound nice myself.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:02 AM
rapsucks_07

alpine amps are the sh*t lol. i worked at some custom auto place and i have to say nice setup. i remember installing a really small alpine 400watt amp and 2 12 cerwin vega subs in a 65-66 drop top cadillac. i cant remember what model but the car was big u can stick like 6 peeps in the trunk. anywho it sounded awesome i was surprised of the audio quality the subs had and the amp for pushing them. I love the kicker solobaric line awesome power for the size