Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Mountain bikes..which to get?

Old 08-25-2007, 01:35 PM
saleens7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mountain bikes..which to get?

when you bunny hop, try to jump putting your force on your back tire and level it out by pushing the handlbars forward...my 10" bunny hop can only be done off of a speed bump, so it doesent really count...on flat ground, i can only do it maybe 7-8" if i try hard enough....but then again i am a "chubby" individual, so my weight kind of holds me back a little...

i just got back from riding at markham, and lucky me, nothing broke....i also figured out why my chain kept out coming off of the largest gear on the rear sproket...i fixed that and now i can climb hills much easier....too bad it got rained out an hour into riding...ill be doing back once it clears out for some mud runnin...my skill has definately increase since my last trip there....i can ride for much longer before getting tired...its easier to go over rough sections and small drops....i might try some of the optional expert sections on some of the intermediate trails....
Old 08-25-2007, 02:51 PM
saleens7

here is a thread i found with info (and a vid) on how to bunny hop the right way...not only is the bunny hop a good skill, but you would use smilar motions when going off a jump or a ledge so you keep your bike level and not land front or rear wheel first...

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=638286#poststop
Old 08-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Spdsk8er
My Feedback: (3)

Well, This is the bike I decided On. http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=22039

Specialized FSR XC PRO. Its lime green, and I got it for 1300 cause it was a test bike.[8D]
Old 08-30-2007, 02:08 PM
saleens7

wow...thats a good bike you got...lucky...
Old 08-30-2007, 07:30 PM
Spdsk8er
My Feedback: (3)

lol yeah. Im so siked
Old 09-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Alex7553

iron horse are great./ iv had 5 in the last 2 years.real strong. also rocky mountains are great too. f**ked up my s-works in less than a week. parents won't spent that much on a bike again. they never let me forget.