Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Freestyle BMX?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 12:30 PM
-EXTRA-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Freestyle BMX?

ORIGINAL: annie_himself

ORIGINAL: -EXTRA-

i have a 99 model Redline that is tore down to the forks and the frame i have the cranks,rims everything off it,well its pretty beat up and has been sittin outside for years,what it needs to get back up in shape i can think of is,Bearings for the cranks,fork bearings,Rims,new chain,new seat,and it needs a paint job,re chroming,stickers,handel grips,which isint a big deal but do yall think its worth fixing up?i had a haro givin to me but stupid me never went and got it.
No way, trash that thing. If you wanna build a new bike then save up around $1200, or you can buy you a Fit Pro or something.
k idk i been out of bikes for a while now idk why i quit ridin,but what is a good frame for street these days?
Old 09-10-2007, 03:07 PM
nitro fanatic

i ride street on a Daimondback(not a street frame) i just got a freecoaster and new three peice for it and im about to get a T1 frame for it when my friend gets his new one (im geting it for free too)
Old 09-10-2007, 04:14 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a 99 model Redline that is tore down to the forks and the frame i have the cranks,rims everything off it,well its pretty beat up and has been sittin outside for years,what it needs to get back up in shape i can think of is,Bearings for the cranks,fork bearings,Rims,new chain,new seat,and it needs a paint job,re chroming,stickers,handel grips,which isint a big deal but do yall think its worth fixing up?i had a haro givin to me but stupid me never went and got it.
No way, trash that thing. If you wanna build a new bike then save up around $1200, or you can buy you a Fit Pro or something.
k idk i been out of bikes for a while now idk why i quit ridin,but what is a good frame for street these days?
There are alot of good frames, Fit Pro, DK 6-pack, DK 8-pack..those are all complete bikes though, if you want a frame look at a Sunday or whatever frame Edwin rides.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:19 PM
-Inverted-

ORIGINAL: aer-wubby

I ride vert.. Soon to be riding a 2Hip Playboi .
The 2hip looks like a good deal for what you get.

You also like Sunday annie? I think they are sick, I have the rest of the stuff picked out too, but its expensive.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Dokioto

I race most of the time (with my very cheap DK).. About a week ago racing ended and I made a little jump for fun.. One day later I had a broken collar bone.[:@][&o] My riding is over this summer..
Old 09-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Dokioto

I think my next bike will be a Fit Pro or AM (cheaper)... I like what I see on the Hawk but it is out of my prise range, plus I hear the frame is weak.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:32 PM
annie_himself

ORIGINAL: -Inverted-

You also like Sunday annie? I think they are sick, I have the rest of the stuff picked out too, but its expensive.
This guy in a local bike shop (LBS) had built one to sell, I think it was $1200, $1300 with tax. It was nice as hell, the frame is ribbed so that when you land on it it takes alot of abuse to bend, dent, or crack. The thing had white bars, forks, and I think the rims were white. The thing was sick, I NEED a teal Sunday frame like that thing. NEED!
Old 09-10-2007, 11:21 PM
-Inverted-

This guy in a local bike shop (LBS) had built one to sell, I think it was $1200, $1300 with tax. It was nice as hell, the frame is ribbed so that when you land on it it takes alot of abuse to bend, dent, or crack. The thing had white bars, forks, and I think the rims were white. The thing was sick, I NEED a teal Sunday frame like that thing. NEED!
oh so you like the toothpaste, I do too.... actually I like them all! I liked the white pieces too, but maybe the matching sunday forks and/or bars, but white cranks and stuff. Here is the owner of Sunday!'s toothpaste frame.

and here is his creamsicle

Old 09-11-2007, 12:10 AM
ichbinanthrax

Do those smaller sprockets help alot? I've been thinking of throwing one on lately.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:36 PM
aer-wubby

ORIGINAL: ichbinanthrax

Do those smaller sprockets help alot? I've been thinking of throwing one on lately.
Yup. Less weight, more clearance from things if you do stalls like disasters - no more chainwheel casing. Also a 25/9 gearing feels so much nicer than any higher IMO.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:32 PM
annie_himself

oh so you like the toothpaste, I do too.... actually I like them all! I liked the white pieces too, but maybe the matching sunday forks and/or bars, but white cranks and stuff. Here is the owner of Sunday!'s toothpaste frame.

and here is his creamsicle

Nah, I would get a pair Fly bars, never rode a pair but hear they feel the best.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:37 PM
aer-wubby

Nah, I would get a pair Fly bars, never rode a pair but hear they feel the best.
I'm sure bars with the same or similar dimensions as Fly ones would feel the same.. It all depends on you and what you prefer.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:35 AM
GreenLantern315

Are you guys going to Fairplex on Saturday?

My cousin's flying in from out of town and he's never been to the LA County Fair before, so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone. I get to play the good host and treat myself to some [link=http://www.actionsportstour.com]motocross[/link] at the same time.

I’ve been to Fairplex a bunch of times, but not for that. I’m not sure what to expect. Any advice?