Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

I Sat In The New Nissan Skyline GT-R R35

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Medrivfast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Sat In The New Nissan Skyline GT-R R35

I went to Hot Import Nights Last Night. I was talking to Daryl Alison from J Spec. He was a really nice guy to talk to. Well, they had 4 Skylines all lined up together. R32, R33, R34 & The new R35. The new GT-R was straight from Japan. So it was right hand drive. After talking for about 20 minutes about the car he let me sit in it. Once i sat in it he than let me start it up and play with the on-board computer. DAMN!!!!!!!

Here are my views on the inside and the computer:

The car is comfortable for short trips (under 100 miles i would guess)
I'm 6' tall and i had about 1-1 1/2" left of headroom
Center console could be a bit deeper for misc items
Interior felt really nice
I'm about 235 lbs and the seats weren't too snug for me
I didn't pay attention to the back seats. But, Daryl said a child can fit back there if you only move the passenger seat up a bit.

Computer:
It seemed really easy to work the touch screen at a stand still. It might be a bit difficult hitting the right buttons while driving.
It was nice and clear to read everything

To start the car up:

I didn't pay to much attention to what he did as far as the key. Daryl either inserted the key or waived it near the ignition. But, after he did that i presses my foot on the Brake and pushed the red start button in the center consol. To turn it off you just push the red button.
The GT-R sounded mean when it started up. It was a nice deep throated sound.
We looked at the exhaust and the pipes seemed really small and restricted. About 2 - 2 1/2"
Attached Images  
Old 03-23-2008, 02:01 PM
-Inverted-

Default RE: I Sat In The New Nissan Skyline GT-R R35

Tiny picture syndrome!
Old 03-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Specialzed
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

I dont consider the new GTR to be a skyline considering it looks nothing like the previous ones.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:10 PM
Mr.Slave

ORIGINAL: Medrivfast

I went to Hot Import Nights Last Night. I was talking to Daryl Alison from J Spec. He was a really nice guy to talk to. Well, they had 4 Skylines all lined up together. R32, R33, R34 & The new R35. The new GT-R was straight from Japan. So it was right hand drive. After talking for about 20 minutes about the car he let me sit in it. Once i sat in it he than let me start it up and play with the on-board computer. DAMN!!!!!!!

Here are my views on the inside and the computer:

The car is comfortable for short trips (under 100 miles i would guess)
I'm 6' tall and i had about 1-1 1/2" left of headroom
Center console could be a bit deeper for misc items
Interior felt really nice
I'm about 235 lbs and the seats weren't too snug for me
I didn't pay attention to the back seats. But, Daryl said a child can fit back there if you only move the passenger seat up a bit.

Computer:
It seemed really easy to work the touch screen at a stand still. It might be a bit difficult hitting the right buttons while driving.
It was nice and clear to read everything

To start the car up:

I didn't pay to much attention to what he did as far as the key. Daryl either inserted the key or waived it near the ignition. But, after he did that i presses my foot on the Brake and pushed the red start button in the center consol. To turn it off you just push the red button.
The GT-R sounded mean when it started up. It was a nice deep throated sound.
We looked at the exhaust and the pipes seemed really small and restricted. About 2 - 2 1/2"
if you have any idea on how exhaust systems work you'd know that bigger isn't always better...
Old 03-23-2008, 02:17 PM
RevToTheRedline
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: divine_13

I dont consider the new GTR to be a skyline considering it looks nothing like the previous ones.
Nothing can replace the old true Skylines, imo.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:39 PM
ProRCRacer88

never know what the future may hold. i seen it when i went to the car show here a few weeks or so ago but i couldn sit in it because others were sitting in it... people were sitting in the cars and trucks just hanging out as if they were at home...[&:]
Old 03-23-2008, 03:30 PM
The Hedgehog

Yeah I was going to say 2 1/2 inches doesn't sound restrictive too me. Unless you want it sounding like a Honda.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Medrivfast

if you have any idea on how exhaust systems work you'd know that bigger isn't always better...
[/quote]

I actually do understand exhaust systems. On a forced inducted car bigger is better. 3" is ideal for this car. Especially when it produces an extra 30+ WHP. If you don't beleive me than do a search on www.nissangtrclub.com