Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.
View Poll Results: A poll
i am fine dying
41.18%
it is slightly scary
41.18%
totally freaked bout dying
17.65%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

are you scared to die

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 11:23 PM
calvino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are you scared to die

after watching a show about people who died and got brought back to life, i was just currious [8D]
Old 05-09-2008, 11:27 PM
ProRCRacer88

Default RE: are you scared to die

the things you guys post in the off topic forum...
Old 05-09-2008, 11:32 PM
hands without shadows

"On a long enough time line everyones survival rate drops to zero." - Fight Club

That line really hit me. Its an inevitable truth and I've come to accept it. I'm more worried about accidentally taking someone out with me, causing people emotional pain, dying slowly, or being kept in some kind of weird coma where my senses and brain still work but I can't move.

Of course what I feel now and what I might feel if a chute doesn't open are probably two very different things.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:33 PM
qaiz

Whatever has to happen, will happen. Theres no point living in denial. People pass away. Its nature. Im not afraid a bit.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Wisconsin Nitro

I just wanna see what happens...

do we come back as some one else? Heaven? or just nothing-niss and everything is black
edit: -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-or^thing^
Old 05-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Troopermanaic
My Feedback: (7)

I defy the law of death but the truth be told I am afraid, I should be dead rite now you know.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:40 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: Wisconsin Nitro

I just wanna see what happens...

do we come back as some one else? Heaven? or just nothing-niss and everything is black
well, that is a good question, without getting to far in to "fuzzy teritory" with the rules, i can say that where you go depends on your beliefs... for me, i am fine dying, i can't wait to be gone from this world of sorrow, heartache.... to be living eternal[8D], i do know it is sad when people (or pets) die but it is all part of the cycle of life we all have a time to die and meet our maker, i just don't get why people get all "rara" about what happens to them after they die (science stuff, cryogenics) i mean, that makes no sense, when you are dead (barring a miracle) your goin to be gone forever i mean, nuts stuff. anyone see the show about people who had died but were brought back to the dead, that was amazing to watch[>:]
Old 05-09-2008, 11:47 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have not really put any thought into it, but as others have said it is natural and it happens to everyone. Interesting topic, but it is very intertwined with personal belief systems, and out of respect for everyones beliefs it may be an inappropriate subject for RCU - thats up to the moderators obviously.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:51 PM
calvino

ORIGINAL: sheograth

I have not really put any thought into it, but as others have said it is natural and it happens to everyone. Interesting topic, but it is very intertwined with personal belief systems, and out of respect for everyones beliefs it may be an inappropriate subject for RCU - thats up to the moderators obviously.
I totally understand that aspect about it, the thing I find so interesting is how some people relate to it, just in general terms[8D], i mean, some are more scared than others, the thing i find interesting is how people will get paranoyed over stuff that they KNOW will happen in their lifetime just they don't know when[>:]
Old 05-10-2008, 12:29 AM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: calvino

I totally understand that aspect about it, the thing I find so interesting is how some people relate to it, just in general terms[8D], i mean, some are more scared than others, the thing i find interesting is how people will get paranoyed over stuff that they KNOW will happen in their lifetime just they don't know when
That is what scares most people.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:31 AM
DarkFire989

My dad once said, "The day you are born is the day you start to die." If you think about it, its quite true.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:41 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: DarkFire989

My dad once said, "The day you are born is the day you start to die." If you think about it, its quite true.
agreed i mean, that prety much summs it up for you, you were born to die[>:], man, that is a strange feeling
Old 05-10-2008, 12:44 AM
sheograth

Yeah, but you can take that pessimistically or optimistically. You can say that life is just a slow death or you can say that life is a set amount of time and you should make the best of it.
Old 05-10-2008, 01:04 AM
calvino

Yeah, but you can take that pessimistically or optimistically. You can say that life is just a slow death or you can say that life is a set amount of time and you should make the best of it.
definately, or as one song i like to hear says in one of the lines "someone shut me up so i can live out life" i mean, you can waste your life or you can live it to the fullest, i would love to live it to the fullest[8D]
Old 05-10-2008, 01:22 AM
sheograth

Anyway, I voted "slightly scary" just because it's strange to think about what the actual process of death feels like, in those last few moments. Barring reports of near death experiences and stuff, it's not we can ask dead folk what it was like. But all that said, it doesn't really nag at me, of all the events that can happen in my life my eventual death is the only guaranteed one.
Old 05-10-2008, 04:29 AM
adam-69

i'm not scared. i just dont want to die before ive had a chance to live my life and do everything i wanna do. i dont wanna die young..but i dont want to live to be really old and can't even eat by myself..at that point i dont understand wanting to live [&:]
Old 05-10-2008, 05:16 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dying scares the hell outta me. Honestly. I love living, and don't want to die. That simple. []

A lot of you guys who say, yeh, death is part of life, etc. don't know what you're talking about. When death stares you in the face, you'll soil your underwear like everyone else.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:29 AM
NitroNate

Not if you know where you're going.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:52 AM
ttoks

once you've seen people die, not peacfully in a hospital bed, but die in pain then it really hits you what it all means.

last weekend i went to a motocross race, i race motocross myself but i'm injured so i can't ride for now, i was watching an under 16 class, coming up to the finish line double, there were two riders, one hitting the jump aggressively (clearing it) one rolling over them, the faster rider cleared the jump, and landed on top of the slower rider, which broke his lower back instantly paralyzing him, his own bike then landed on his abdomen, bursting his liver and he died of internal bleeding.

i used to think, alright yeah we all die, so what, now i still have the alright, we all die bit there, but i've realized it isn't a so what, if i die like that it's going to see like a year not jsut a few minutes in that kind of pain and it's not gonna be nice.

i don't want to die, i'm **** scarred of it, saying still sticks in my mind, i'm not going to tip toe through life to arrive safely at death either.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:47 AM
rc rock

right now i'm not relly scared. the way i see it is: i'm 14 so i have a good 50-60 years average to live that means 3-4 as much as i've lived up to now. right now that seems to be plenty of time. i do think i'd feel differently if i was sick though[]

this is a fun site that tells you when your gonna die[X(] [link=http://www.deathclock.com/]death clock[/link]
Old 05-10-2008, 09:22 AM
ssj2

As far as this topic goes, whatever happens in life happens. If I were to die tomorrow, then I guess it was meant to be. I just roll with the flow...
Old 05-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Checkpointracer

I'm cool with death, and according to MY BELIEFS theres something better after this life.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:38 AM
Longhair

I've pissed off the grim reaper a few times by walking away from death - literally.

I remember watching the last Ghost Whisperer of the first season where the girl was dead and didn't even know that she was dead - that is what scares me more than dying.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:15 AM
[email protected]

the one thing that will happen to all people is death. I think it's how you die would be the scary part. It's funny cause I was just reading about car related deaths in the US and last year over 43,000 people died in car accidents and 2000 in motorcycle accidents. most could have been prevented and that is the sad part. My grand father was a firemen in 1926 and when I was little he would tell me stories about people burning and it scared the crap out of me. So I don't fear death because it will happen but I don't take dumb risks like not putting on my seat belt or helmet when I ride my motorcycle or drive in a car. I would like to live to see some grand kids and get some pay back on my kids but the males in my family don't live to long[&:]. I'm irish so most died from alcohol abuse over many years. I don't drink only from time to time I'll have a beer or wine with dinner.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:11 AM
JB COMP

calvino, You picked a weird topic, and I'm sure most would not like to think about.

Me I don't want to die but I'm not scared too, I would at least like to be married and have kids (and be at least over 30) when I die but its not up to what I want. So there's really nothing I can do, and since we're not promised tomorrow we should live as today is are last (I don't mean go jump off a building, or go rob a bank or anything like that)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.