Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Can not connect to certain website...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Nick2618

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can not connect to certain website...

On my labtop i can not connect to certain sites that used to work. Such as photobucket.com. All other comptuers on my network can connect with out issue and if my laptop is connected to the router with a wire it works fine. But as soon as i connect wirelessly it dose not work. I have searched on the internet to try and find ways to fix it such as resetting router to factory settings, runing some command codes that have been sugges like ipconfig/renew and release and some other ones. Dose anyone have any suggestions to make my computer work again.

THANKS

Nick
Old 09-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Enzyme80

Default RE: Can not connect to certain website...

I was having the same problems a little while ago w/ like myspace, facebook, and a few others. The only way I was able to fix it was to stop using a static IP address for my computer. This may not be the case for you but it is something to check out.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Longhair

Default RE: Can not connect to certain website...

Turn off all the computers that are connected to the modem/router.
Unplug your modem/router for at least 2 minutes so the cache is flushed out.
Replug and wait for modem/router to fully boot up (5 minutes on the safe side).
Reboot computers.

You will not lose any modem/router settings but the computers will bind in order. Ex: Computer 1 = 192.168.1.100 , Computer 2 = 192.168.1.101 , Computer 3 = 192.168.1.102 , etc. (this will vary depending on your Network IP Address Settings).