Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Well - There goes my chair

Old 10-16-2008, 07:33 PM
madmax22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well - There goes my chair

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Anomie

ORIGINAL: hands without shadows

I wish my work chair would break. It drops a quarter inch every 5 minutes or so by itself [:@]
Mine does that too! I either need a better chair or a smaller ass [X(]
There is no way you can be that big, give yourself more credit.

I guy I used to work with was a verey very large man, 350 lbf +. He was so big that my job had to custom order a special chare with hardened piston and reenforced center shaft. Well, he kept getting bigger, maybe more than 400 lbf. Once day, the chair, whioch was designed for 300 lbf, finally cried its last tear and in a spectacular explosion, that reinforced piston and center shat ruptured in a massive explosion. It sounded like a shot-gun. A fellow employee jumped under his desk, he thought someone was doing a drive by on our office.

After figuring out what happened, we went to help the big guy who blew up his chair and survey the damake. The reenfoced exploded alright, it bulged and a shard of metal taht used to be a part fo the shaft was thrown shaight up into teh air and hit a celing tile and took a good chunk oput of it. (Luckily, noone was hurt, even the big guy's massive bottom didnt get hit!)
that sounds like a personal problem
Old 10-16-2008, 08:37 PM
2DMaxLST!!

It's a tax deduction for me but I have been using it since early 2002 > [link=http://www.hermanmiller.com/CDA/SSA/Product/0,,a10-c440-p8,00.html]HM Aeron....[/link]
Old 10-16-2008, 09:38 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Sorry, I'm a lousy typist, besides, my bottom hurts from sitting in an uncomfortable chair, maybe if I got a better one, my atrocious spelling would go away.
Are you saying that whenever you post on RCU, you're talking out of your ass?
Old 10-16-2008, 11:15 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Pretty much I guyess, The only time it dont hurt is when I get out of this uncomfortable chair and run some RCs or something else

Sometimes I think chair makers are in a conspiracy to get us off our duffs: making uncomfortable chairs, using inferior chinese steel so they explode or simply shear off at the base, etc. Or it could be simple greed. If I won the lottery, I would buy a Lazyboy and put that in fomt of my 'puter so I can type in comfort.

Now I'm jut rambling on...yes, talking out of my @$$
Old 10-16-2008, 11:30 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Teehee
Old 10-17-2008, 12:09 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

savage jim, you worded that story perfect! "the chair cried its last tear in a SPECTACULAR explosion" oh my god, i was laughing for a few minutes!

we are too broke for a decent desk chair, right now im sitting on a wooden table chair, i hate dragging it from the table to the desk everytime for dinner.

we DID have a designated table chair, but my 300pound dad broke it, i saw it happen too!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:10 PM
hands without shadows

I'm also sitting on a wooden table chair (with a cushion) and I like it better than a "computer" chair. I dont like chairs that roll and have legs sticking out where my feet want to be.