Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

how to go from mac to dell..

Old 10-19-2008, 03:58 PM
emaXXman123
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default how to go from mac to dell..

alright..my brother his using the computer because his laptop crashed. we were using my moms mac thursday night for his project. he brought it to school and there power point wont take it. because it is from a mac and not from dell,hp,ect. so im wondering what is a good download that we could use on are dell. or is there a way to transfer it from mac format to "regular" format.

thanks,
brian
Old 10-19-2008, 04:12 PM
A.B.U

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: how to go from mac to dell..

send it via email as an attachment?
Old 10-19-2008, 04:14 PM
emaXXman123

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

well the computer im using doest have powerpoint at all..but i was thinking e mail. so if you send it in an email from a mac to a different computer it sould work? because he said none of the pictures were showing only the text..
Old 10-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Mekong

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

wait so you made the powerpoint on a mac > then transferred to a windows system > and the windows system wont read the powerpoint file?

#1 you need powerpoint to veiw a powerpoint document

#2 if you make the powerpoint in a newer version of powerpoint, then try and veiw it on a pc/mac that has an older version, some of the formatting or other features might not work properly.

You can transfer the file how ever you want, USB stick, burn a cd, email, ftp... what ever. Only thing to worry about is that each computer has powerpoint, if you are working in powerpoint 07 and then showing in powerpoint 97, then you need to save the file as such.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:18 PM
emaXXman123

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

well at school i think that they have 04 and at house i have 04..just pictures wont read at all..
Old 10-19-2008, 09:40 PM
Mekong

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

take all the photos you want in the presentation, put them in a file with the powerpoint presentation. Then re-insert all the photos in the presentation from this new file, then when you transfer the powerpoint presentation, transfer the whole file, pictures and all.

I havent used powerpoint in a long time, but I think what is happening is that when you are inserting the pictures, they are not getting embedded, just linked to.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:56 PM
emaXXman123

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Mekong

take all the photos you want in the presentation, put them in a file with the powerpoint presentation. Then re-insert all the photos in the presentation from this new file, then when you transfer the powerpoint presentation, transfer the whole file, pictures and all.

I havent used powerpoint in a long time, but I think what is happening is that when you are inserting the pictures, they are not getting embedded, just linked to.
oh alright all have my bro do this. its for his anatomy class
Old 10-19-2008, 10:48 PM
Nick2618

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Mekong

That is the problem. You may not have to reinsert the pics if you just have them all in the same file as the presentation. This also will go for any sounds or animations that you are using too.