Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

truck stereo?

ok, ive blown 1 of my speakers out of my truck, so im looking at upgrading the speakers, but keep the stock radio. i also want to put 6 speakers in the truck when right now it only has 4. so my question is what do i need to do to get 6 in their, it has the spots for 6. also what are some good cheap speakers that are better then the stockers. i was thinking some 210 watt jvc speakers from walmart
    It is your money spend it how you want, not how other want you to. If you want to see what RC\'\'s i have check My Models.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: truck stereo?

so no one has any ideas?
    It is your money spend it how you want, not how other want you to. If you want to see what RC\'\'s i have check My Models.

My advice is don't buy from Wal-Mart. As for the getting six speakers in, make sure your receiver can output to six and get some speaker wire and route it to the the speaker mounts, then wire it up. Simple.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you are stuck on keeping the stock radio, then go ahead and buy speakers from walmart. A garbage radio will make the best speakers sound like crap, don't waste your money. If you don't have enough money to upgrade the head unit don't waste your time on speakers. Support a local business and don't buy crap from walmart. 6 speakers are a wast of time. Get a nice head unit and a set of quality components and mount the tweeters in the dash speaker location. That will give you a nice strong front stage with mildly high focused vocals.

-JB
    I know aluminum is heavier than plastic. If I wanted top speed, I would have gone with a nitro.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you should get 4 speakers and 2 subs, nothing overpowering, just 2 8's or 10's.
    Losi 8ight,Precirotate 3 Port Modified Engine,Avid Bearings,Dynamite,Sprektrum Radio,Ace Servos,Fastlane Graphix,Stickman RC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would just save your penny's and get a nice head unit then fix your existing speakers and just add some subs and forget about adding 2 more speakers

and sing as you have a truck (and I'm assuming it is a pickup) space may be an issue but have a look at these

just pick your brand and model

Can you find the sub in this picture?
    Livin Loud

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i can get a new radio, just thought it would be less obvious with the stock radio. also my truck is a 2006 chevy silverado 1500 2 door, so i dont have that much room, i was thinking about the 6 speakers that are the 3 way, does this mean it has a tweeter and sub built into it?

3-way=Tweeter, Midrange, and a Woofer not a subwoofer..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok, thanks for clearing that up, would it be better to do 6 of those? with a new radio? cause i really have no room, and only have spots for 6 6.5" speakers

I personally think the 4 3-ways are fine, just add a suboofer. But a new radio is probably a good idea to back up all the new equipment.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IF you aren't going to take our advice, go buy 6 s!@#ty speakers and be happy.

-JB
    I know aluminum is heavier than plastic. If I wanted top speed, I would have gone with a nitro.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry, i just dont want to do alot of work, i have a very small area to put speakers, and im looking for an easy way to put 6.5 " speakers all the way around cause that is all that will fit without modification. also i want a good sounding radio

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just so you guys know this is what im going to be putting the sound system in

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok look..6 speakers in that truck IMO is gonna sound like complete ****..you can get 4 kicker components for roughly around 200 bux and a Alpine head unit (I prefer) for 150$ that will give you good clear crisp sound and you wont hear just noise..as for a subwoofer,Pioneer and kicker make a shallow mount sub made for trucks like yours you can get 1 12" or 2 and stick them behind you seat with a nice kicker,alpine or Rockford fosgate amp (500w RMS atleast) and it will be like a new truck again..but all that is gonna run your around 700$ so goodluck with everything.