Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.
View Poll Results: A poll
Cane Sugar
90.48%
Corn Syrup
9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Sodas: Sugar or Corn syrup?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 07:44 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sodas: Sugar or Corn syrup?

Well, that would really be a jip and not a trifle one either. Mexican Cokes use the original cane sugar fomula, so there is no excuse for Pepsi to skimp on the sweets either.

Shame on you Pepsi!
Old 06-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Mr. Mugen

ORIGINAL: 500 lb. koolaid man

Mountain Dew and Pepsi Throwback drinks were released April 20th and will only be available for about 8 weeks. Just throwing that out there.

For all of you saying how bad it must be and how you won't try it because Mr. Mugen said it tastes like diet soda, just take a sip!!! See if it really does taste like diet soda. Just maybe it's good stuff with natural sugar as claimed.

This was only my take on the dew. I litterally drink 12-18 of them a day. My taste for dew is spot on. I have tried all versions of it and still stick to the good ole can of dew. I know what I like......not what others will like. I personally do not like the taste of diet dew....or throwback dew. To me they are very similar in sweetness,......not enough. Just my opinion...try for yourself.

Kevin
Old 06-08-2009, 10:13 PM
DarkFire989

Kevin, I hope you dont have Mountain Dew Mouth![sm=drowning.gif]
Old 06-09-2009, 07:43 PM
SAVAGEJIM

MountainDew mouth? I didnt know caffine was that bad!
Old 06-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Mr. Mugen

ROFL....nope just swallowed it. IF YOU BRUSH AS YOU SHOULD YOU CAN DRINK WHAT YOU WANT. Figured I'd better yell it since some people can't seem to grasp the idea. I sometimes have to yell at my kids to get through to them so I figured I'd try it here. I have nice teeth.....see Tell me those aren't pearly white Say Cheese!

Kevin
Old 06-10-2009, 07:36 PM
SAVAGEJIM

and Baking Soda also does wonders keeping teethe pearly white. No matter he drink (mountain dew or whatever), baking soda will do the trick. All you have to do is put up with the damn salty taste.

As for corn, I just found out that corn is on the rise, and thus corn products are going up in price. Especially since govenrment laws REQURIE that higher methanol content be used in summer time gasoline (thus the outrageuous gas prices), sooner or later, corn will become unprofitable as a sugar substitute! JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant wait for sodas to go back to sugar again. Corn is the devil, all of these diabetes causing foods with some sort of corn additive, etc, etc, etc, I welcome the great taste of real sugar sodas with open arms!