Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Airbrush artists

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 08:43 PM
westphill24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbrush artists

Hey people. I started a new hobby a couple months ago and Im pretty darn excited about it. I use to draw when I was younger but I always wanted to try airbrushing so now that Im older and can afford it I bought one. Ive done a few pictures and have been practicing on spray control, knowing best psi to use, shading but I think my biggest problem is keeping things in proportion with others. (head,nose, eyes, limbs that stuff) Im posting a pic just so anyone with some experience Abing stuff other than rc bodies could give me a couple pointers or give me a link to somewhere.

Things I know
1. Im spraying to heavy especially black
2. Shading or blending isnt coming out right
3. Im still working on hair.(Ive taken each facial part and kept practicing until I got each to look somewhat realistic)
4. Its really cold in my basement so Im not sure if that is affecting paint
5. Yes Im using $1 store paper towels until I get better. I think the hearts are pretty.lol

Ive been looking at airbrushtechnique.com alot but its not a lot of people the visit so I havent gotten to much feed back there. As usual any help is appreciated.

Here's a pic

http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ent=new005.jpg
Old 01-13-2009, 10:08 PM
DaveG55

Default RE: Airbrush artists

No technique help here but some encouragement.
For some one w/o any formal training that's pretty darn good. At least in my opinion.

two quick suggestions.
1 - keep practicing, the more you do the better you'll be and you may just find your own technique and style
2 - go to something like notebook or typing paper. I'd think that the paper towels will absorb a lot of paint and hide some errors - like too much paint causing runs kind of thing.

Good Luck with the new hobby, it's looking good so far
Old 01-13-2009, 10:19 PM
westphill24

Default RE: Airbrush artists

Thanks I really appreciate that. I started off with typing paper but I watched a few youtube "how to's" and they said paper towels would be a better place to start. I just bought some better paper from the art store but Im going to practice a little more first. Paper is kind of expensive so Im trying to hold off on using it.