Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Cox Powered cars coming back

Old 07-03-2011, 02:49 PM
SnApRoLl-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cox Powered cars coming back

ORIGINAL: scottman20006

Well guys wonder if 2011 is going to be the year we see a cox powered car from Autoworld,last email i receiveda bout 3 weeks ago,they still havent found somone to do the cox style motors,anybody on here know of any companies that could do it,PLEASE !!! email AUTOWORLD i nhopes to hep them get the ball rolling.aAlso if anybody emails autowrold and gets any info at all about the COx style car plerase Post it on here.
The last I heard, they were still working with the engine manufacturer. The was about 2 weeks ago.
However, I have some good news. I am going to be reproducing the 1/24 scale COX cars like the Buick Riviera in a very limited number except there will be much better bodies! I'm working on the prototype now which is a 32 Ford Highboy Roadster that will go in circles as well as in a straight line. Once complete I will selling them for around $200.00 ea which is much cheaper than the new ones you find on FeeBay!!

Shawn
Old 07-04-2011, 10:12 AM
scottman20006

Sounds Good Shawn,
ANd where the heck have you been ,i had PM you like three times on here,anyway I wish AW would get on this engine project!!!!,I just cant believethat they are having this much trouble finding an Engine Mfg..i have heard there are Mgf' d in Russia,Germany,that make cox style motors,and there has to be another company in china that could take a shot at it.get some pictures of these cars when you get one done so we may all see .i think $200.00 is a bit steep in my opinion,AW world said they will sell the cox vega funny car with everything for about $149.So anybody else reads this pot ,lets call and Bug Autoworld about this funny car.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:11 PM
scottman20006

Ok well Hello Guys ,
i havent heard any new different news about the cox vega funny car,except the same ol story ..they are still looking for a compnay to make these cox style motors,iam beginning to wonder if the yhave put this project on the back burner,and they arenot say much,but tell me well its not the number priority but they arestill working on it,Even though on facebook i have ask them for info on the Funhny car and ,that question always seems to not get an answer.So please anyone on here thats a fan of these cars please email or call Autoworld and see if you can get any answers,if so please let us know on here.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:53 AM
SnApRoLl-

I know this is an old thread, but I spoke with Tony at A.W. and it looks like the Funny Cars are still on the shelf for now as they are still trying to find an engine source. I have been helping along with others as well. The thread will be updated when something new comes up. Till then, keep your fingers crossed and keep up the encouraging e-mails to A.W.!!!
Old 04-19-2015, 01:44 AM
robot797

i guess this poroject is failed?
Old 10-28-2016, 09:49 AM
scottman20006

Wow sorry for the huge delay, yeah i heard that too, that right now they have set this project aside, but i have sent an email to them asking?? but i dont understand why they just dont go back to the factory in China and make them fix the issues, maybe everyone on here should send autoworld an email and lets get this ball rolling again.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:04 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, I'd forgotten I'd had a dune buggy as a kid! I also had a Cox control line plane. That was short lived. Up, down, crash, done. But the dune buggy was kinda cool. Except you had to run after it. There was nothing RC about it. That's not what they're making are they? Would be kind of anachronistic these days, wouldn't it?
Old 01-24-2017, 05:29 AM
scottman20006

Hey EXT2Rob,
Yeah your story sounds almost just like mine, I had the Sanblaster I got for Christmas one year, and the Christmas Story Movie with the BB Gun, take that out and put in the Cox Sand Blaster, i did everything like Ralphie did in that movie,I swear, I was leaving hints for my Mom and Dad, And my Mom kept telling me they can be dangerous and that i could burn myself on the hot Engine, And Christmas Morning i opened everything just like Ralphie and i didnt think i got it, and my Dad the Same thing as Ralphie's Dad, my Dad was looking around and told me ..Hey you forgot to pass out all the Presents there is one under the Coffee Table, go see who its for?? I look and it had my Name on it,and i was already excited because of the size and Shape of the box,and sure enough it was a SandBlaster. I'am not making this up it really did happen, Also about the control line cox Airplane it wasnt me it was my brother, got the orange Pane,I remember it has the number 5 On the Plane, all I know he did exactly what you did, he didnt make about 4 revolutions on the and he went up a couple times and down maybe twice and stuffed in the ground, and destroyed it, even where the motor was it caught fire and melted the front of the plane, he was going to throw it away after he removed the engine, i dug it out of the trash, for weight i wedged a big rock into the nose part of the plane, and tried to manually spin to just pull it around in circles i only went fast enough a few times to get it off the ground then gave up..
but i wish Autoworld would start reseaching it again to get the motors produced, i been emailing Tom lately, He is the owner of Autoworld. i dont know if you saw the pictures on here of the Funny Car that Autoworld was doing ,but the motors had problems and they didnt bring them out, and they were so close too.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:51 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Hey guys. I forgot I was even linked for replies on this thread it's been so long. I've come to the age that I'm pretty much getting out of rc, etc. I happen to have the cox vega fc, vega wagon, a indy type cox and a pinto fc. All have motors and I can check that all are free. Anyone that might be interested at a fair price, email and I can get some pics out to you. Lloyd nomobux@fairpoint DOT net

Last edited by nomobux; 01-24-2017 at 07:04 AM.
Old 07-21-2023, 09:20 AM
mark11185

Hi

Has anyone converted a COX Sandblaster into an RC car. I' m interested in knowing what parts need to be ordered.

Thanks