Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Let's hear what you have for the 1:1 real car??

I don't know if I'd quite agree Foxy.. because if someon is, as you said, frightened due to understeering (I assume that just means you are going into a turn and you can't turn the car as it is plowing, so you might hit something), that simply means he/she is going too fast (for the car / chassis / suspension / tires).. you back off the throttle and the line tightens.. it is not the fastest way around the turn / the track, but you don't swap end.. and spinning out means you have pretty much lost control and you most likely only can put both feet in (clutch / brake) and lock it up and hope you don't hit anything..

An inherently oversteering car is less confidence inspiring, because it takes quite a bit of commitment (to plant the rear, you need to be on the throttle, BUT, you might run out of room when tracking out (after the apex), if your line is not perfect). I am certainly not saying that it is "bad" (it is faster around the turn / track), but just saying that for most people, it is more dangerous as having the tail stepping out / spin usually scare most drivers.

You are talking about driver levels -> a pro driver probably don't get frightened for either anyway as they understand how chassis react to their inputs. If the car understeers, they will know how to deal with it. If the car oversteers, they also know how to deal with it. And most likely, they will adjust the setup to suit their driving style once they found out the current setup of the car.

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I think we need to qualify driver levels. If my wife for example, had a high power rear wheel drive, she'd probably crash it if she tried to drive it fast. So in that sense, yes, understeer is 'safer'. However, for those who can drive well, understeer is very frightening, for the simple reason that there isn't much you can do about it. All you can do is stab the brake and hope the forward weight shift makes the front tires grip again. At least with oversteer, there are several subtle ways to respond to it. I've never ended up facing the wrong way in the S. It's nearly killed me a few times, but I never lost control of a spin.
    LB | WW2 | TLT | TB02 | DF03 | TEgg | F103GT | TXT | Hornet | Frog | Scalpel | Leo 2A6 | Aeromax | WW1 | Clod | CR-01

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i would love to race, maybe one day[&:]. but i would much rather have a car that could get tail happy than one that under-steered, i hate that feeling where you turn the wheel and nothing happens, at the same time it is a little scary at first when your going high speed and the tail decides to walk in front of you, but if you prepare for it its pretty easy to keep it in check, and driving in the rain/snow with a over-steering car is fun! in the vette i had it going all crooked in the rain for like a 1/4 mile, that car is so stupid in the rain, it might as well be ice.

but the scariest thing was the fiero, sure it handled great, but it was a constant battle of under-steer and over-steer, if you got on the throttle too much the rear would kick out, you CAN NOT let it go past the point of no return, and you actually must lift the throttle to reclaim the rear end, and it would under-steer if the road was dusty, it worked best going fast into a turn, hit the brakes turn, and jam the throttle 2/3 the way out of the turn.
    Signature
    (Max. 125 chars. 2 lines max)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

the viper has always been a great race car, but in the beginning it was very squirmy mostly because the old viper did not have ABS and too low of gearing, if you recall there was a race of a old viper and a same year lambo (or ferrari) on a mountain side race, the viper was killing the other car untill it went off the road, the brakes locked up, that has been fixed, there where slight changes to the suspension and aerodynamics and a little tweaking of the chassis but thats about it.
    Too bad they are dumbing down the 2012 Viper with all the driver's aids. I am sure it will go faster around the track, but not really what made the Viper what it was.... Sigh
    What would Chuck Finley do?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To whoever thinks the Supra is any sort of a razor-sharp driver's machine...no. Motor Trend put it best back in the 1990s by saying it is the Camry of sports cars.
    \"Some people can mess up an anvil with a rubber hammer\" -46u
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Carmy w/ heart of Godzilla, TBJ!!
    LB | WW2 | TLT | TB02 | DF03 | TEgg | F103GT | TXT | Hornet | Frog | Scalpel | Leo 2A6 | Aeromax | WW1 | Clod | CR-01

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Psh, it's 300 hp...a new Camry is coming close to that[&:]
    If you don\'\'t allow yourself to fail, you\'\'ll never allow yourself to succeed-ThunderbirdJunkie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It was 320hps for you, mister!!

2JZ-GTE FTW!! aka, "You own me a 10-second car"..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

It was 320hps for you, mister!!

2JZ-GTE FTW!! aka, ''You own me a 10-second car''..
    Maybe 10 minutes. If we push it, or pull it across the line.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKXZT70gwNg[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i dont like when ricer boyz say its a b-71627627838384994847747667838376664750909329-LZ motor yo! SCREW THAT, its less litres than a friggin bottle of coke!!!

i feel bad for people when they get a bone over 130hp in a economy-box pizza-mobile, back 40 years ago thats how much power you used to run the air conditioning!
    Signature

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Don't mind ThunderbirdJunkie, just consuming fewer liters than your big V8 displaces on the way to work[&:]

The_Shark, seen any major issues out of the VW 2.5s?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

got that right, i get maybe 13 around town, 18 on the highway. oh well...
    Signature

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gotta pay to play

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

got that right, i get maybe 13 around town, 18 on the highway. oh well...
    No worse than the Jeep with its little 6 cylinder[&:]

So anything to watch for on those VW 2.5 5 cylinders that you've seen? (Not the old Audi motor)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What year is the VW, TBJ?

When I went to the VW dealer, the sales guy told me that the 2.5L inline-5 is 1/2 of the Lambo V10.. so I told him that I didn't realize Gallardo only makes 340hps..

its less litres than a friggin bottle of coke!!!
    This has no bearing on much of anything. Higher displacement is beneficial, yes. But that does not mean you can't do anything with a lower displacement engine. It can even be beneficial in some cases like forced induction (think different displacements using the same block, lower displacement=thicker cylinder walls=able to run more boost safely).
    i feel bad for people when they get a bone over 130hp in a economy-box pizza-mobile, back 40 years ago thats how much power you used to run the air conditioning!
    No, 130HP was what you got from your average five point somethin' liter or less small block in mom's Malibu wagon.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LOL
    Inferno GT​2 - RS4 2 - APEXmini touring - Baja 5T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

old videos I know. but anyway...

Heres a 2 litres (4g63) bottle of coke... http://youtu.be/4xB2BurSMcM
    street car, full interiors, full weight, no alcohol, no nitrous.

yeah you can make anything go fast, also you can put a turbo on a V8 and is over for the poor 4cyl? http://youtu.be/I5IXlJ32rOE

i dont like when ricer boyz say its a b-71627627838384994847747667838376664750909329-LZ motor yo!
    domestic also have engine, chassis, transmission codes... only difference is, they have been using the same codes over and over for 50+ years.
    is a motorhead language used on both sides of the pond

Inferno GT​2 - RS4 2 - APEXmini touring - Baja 5T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Holden 94 VR Comodore wagon,
    Nissan 93 D21 4x4 Duel cab.
    02 toyota Carolla.
    82 Honda CB900F2
    78 Stevens skiboat with 5 ltr Holden V8.

Repco push bike.
    Right after a spectacular crash, the pilot yelled out \'\'Channel 35 clear!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

To whoever thinks the Supra is any sort of a razor-sharp driver's machine...no. Motor Trend put it best back in the 1990s by saying it is the Camry of sports cars.
    I know it wasn't that great of a machine, but in its time it was a hp beast if built right. There was only so much technology back in the day so it was limited. But it had lots of power for the era it was in. i know they have smaller engines producing almost the same amount of power. I bet if they brought it back today it would be yet again a nasty car like it wasin the 90's. Especially a built one.
    -Aerodynamics and turbos are for people who can't build motors.

Ofna LX2e-4s
    Axial SCX10 Jeep
    T-Maxx 2.5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: On2_n_On4

yeah you can make anything go fast, also you can put a turbo on a V8 and is over for the poor 4cyl? http://youtu.be/I5IXlJ32rOE
    OH MAN I NIEED A CIVIC YO

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I wonder if he runs a front bumper during his normal drive? (I think it was stated that it is a daily driver.. ?)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

2002 Range Rover 4.6hse. This is actually my second one I've owned. The first one developed a catastophic coolant leak and the engine was toast. In fact if you look at my profile pic with the red and white 1/4 scale Laser, it's behind me.

I don't consider it showing off driving one because most girls (let's face it, this is why we buy them) don't even know what a Range Rover is. Nor have many even heard of Land Rover. I even had one gal try telling my Toyota made the Land Rover. I couldn't convince her otherwise even when I told her she meant Land Cruiser. The scary part is she worked in a auto salvage yard. Yikes! I paid a lot less than many think and I really like the ride and exclusivity. Visit a Land Rover dealer, you'll see. Other dealers offer you coffee in a foam cup. LR offers coffee, tea, fresh bakery, even ice cream.

Besides depending on the dealer there is something to be said for eyeing and dreaming about the other brands they might carry.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Did they warranty you the engine or it was out of warranty already?

Just wondering why did you go back to the brand after the major problem? (just curious)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Way out of warranty. Why did I go back? I really don't know. It's not like I was upset at LR for the problem. I guess like I said I really like the ride and comfort. You certainly can't hot rod one of these things. However being able to pass rows of cars including a high department snow plow while maintaining highway speeds and not feeling at thing is a nice feeling, no matter who you are. On a side note I recently moved and the city I live in now doesn't understand how to use their snow removal equipment so I really appreciate the sure footedness of the RR.

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast