Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Let's hear what you have for the 1:1 real car??

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:45 PM
The Hedgehog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Let's hear what you have for the 1:1 real car??

ORIGINAL: NitroVenom

Here's my mustang. I'm still trying to find a good v8 donor car so I can swap everything out. V8 mustang+4 cyl insurence is a great thing. AutoX you NEED to clean your car and post a pic. lol
Dude you know as well as I do how bad the salt and mud screws up a black car! I need to post a video of the engine revving sometime, the cobra dohc sounds mean with the new exhaust.

Nice car by the way.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:10 AM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

you need a 350 small block
Why? The 4 banger thats in it would be better than an ole chevy engine Drop in a 5.0 or better yet a stroked 331 or 347.

My cars....

Daily Driver - 2006 Mazda 6i - Stock except wheels - very slow and not much fun

Weekend beater - 2001 Mustang GT - Vortech t trim 8psi, bassani exhaust, 4.10 gears, built trans, and a few other parts.

What I would kill for - 03/04 Terminator Convertible in Dark Shadow Grey

Old 02-12-2009, 08:18 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: dar123

any idea of what your S200 weighs?
From carfolio.com. My car is stock except wheels, which are lighter than factory rims.

Wheelbase 2400 mm 94.5 in
Track front 1470 mm 57.9 in
rear 1510 mm 59.4 in
Length 4135 mm 162.8 in
Width 1750 mm 68.9 in
Height 1285 mm 50.6 in
Length:wheelbase ratio 1.72
Ground clearance 130 mm 5.1 in
Kerb weight 1240 kg 2734 lb
Weight distribution
(Front) 50.00 %

Power-to-weight 201.61 bhp/ton
Specific output 125.2 bhp/litre - NATURALLY ASPIRATED
Old 02-12-2009, 08:38 AM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

Why? The 4 banger thats in it would be better than an ole chevy engine Drop in a 5.0 or better yet a stroked 331 or 347.

My cars....
I love that body style Mustang, especially in a convertible. If it wasn't for where I live I would have bought one of those.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:41 AM
J.D.T

Here's my mustang.

That is a nice little trunkback, my coupe is a gunmetal grey '88, I wish you were closer I could hook you up with a 1989 lincoln mark VII 225 hp 5.0 ho with automatic, headers, h pipe, dual and flowmaster, underdrives, ram air, $700 would take away the whole car at this point, its sat outside all winter and my buddy don't even have the motivation to tear the parts back off it so its gonna get sold cheap as is, the car is rustly, he works construction so the interior is pretty scragly so its definetely a perfect donor car, by summer he will probably be down to $600 lol.
When I got my 88 I was pretty young, the insurance was $229 a month!
Old 02-12-2009, 11:12 AM
brett65
My Feedback: (18)

I'm sure he would rather it be powerful and reliable.

You might get hit with some form of insurance fraud if you ever get caught lying about what engine it has. When I swapped mine, I took no chances.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:16 AM
brett65

Here is the car I drove to college. I sold it recently. I miss it even though it was slow.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75431.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1133649   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy80161.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1133650   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr41553.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	1133651  
Old 02-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Krazy Chicken

ORIGINAL: brett65

I'm sure he would rather it be powerful and reliable.

You might get hit with some form of insurance fraud if you ever get caught lying about what engine it has. When I swapped mine, I took no chances.
fine get a 454 big block, the two best fords are the ones with chevy engines or the one that were never made
Old 02-12-2009, 02:52 PM
J.D.T

a 454 is a boat anchor, the best chevy motor is the 427 bar none, then the 302 then the 327 large journal. 20 years ago it was cheaper to build a chevy motor, that ain't true anymore as you can build a ford motor for just as cheap and make better power. Guys with chevy motors in pontiacs and oldsmobiles are really morons as both of them 455s are better overall than a 454.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Krazy Chicken

ORIGINAL: J.D.T

a 454 is a boat anchor, the best chevy motor is the 427 bar none, then the 302 then the 327 large journal. 20 years ago it was cheaper to build a chevy motor, that ain't true anymore as you can build a ford motor for just as cheap and make better power. Guys with chevy motors in pontiacs and oldsmobiles are really morons as both of them 455s are better overall than a 454.
well still the most engine swaps you see are chevy engines going in to ford cars because they want the most power and reliability
Old 02-12-2009, 03:15 PM
brett65

well still the most engine swaps you see are chevy engines going in to ford cars because they want the most power and reliability
That's not true, it was because they were cheaper to build. I grew up in the streed rod culture, and the popular thing now is putting the right make engine in because fords are much cheaper to build than they used to be. If you compare a sb chevy to sb ford when placing one in a small cramped space, the ford is the best choice. Distributor up front, no solenoid on the starter make things much easier if you have to get to them. The only gm thing that belongs under the hood is a gm one wire alternator, it is a much cleaner look. As far as more power and reliability go, thats your opinion. I am a ford guy so I'll go the other way and I've backed it up with my mustang alot of times. I ate 02 camaro ss's for lunch.

If someone is building a retro car like Millner's coupe, then yeah a sb chevy is definitely the way to go.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:50 PM
04DarkShadowGT

That's not true, it was because they were cheaper to build. I grew up in the streed rod culture, and the popular thing now is putting the right make engine in because fords are much cheaper to build than they used to be. If you compare a sb chevy to sb ford when placing one in a small cramped space, the ford is the best choice. Distributor up front, no solenoid on the starter make things much easier if you have to get to them. The only gm thing that belongs under the hood is a gm one wire alternator, it is a much cleaner look. As far as more power and reliability go, thats your opinion. I am a ford guy so I'll go the other way and I've backed it up with my mustang alot of times. I ate 02 camaro ss's for lunch.

If someone is building a retro car like Millner's coupe, then yeah a sb chevy is definitely the way to go.
100% correct. Id like to build a 65-68 style fastback mustang and swap the 03/04 Cobra motor/trans into it. Then add a nice updated suspension package. Nothing beats the looks of old school cars, but nothing beats the reliabilty, mileage, and power of new engines.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:26 PM
brett65

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

100% correct. Id like to build a 65-68 style fastback mustang and swap the 03/04 Cobra motor/trans into it. Then add a nice updated suspension package. Nothing beats the looks of old school cars, but nothing beats the reliabilty, mileage, and power of new engines.
Mine is a '65 fastback.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25478.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	1133837   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25605.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1133838  
Old 02-12-2009, 04:41 PM
NitroVenom

I've thought of inbreeding but it just sounds wrong.. lol

AutoX My car was FILTHY before this sunday(spent a good 3 hours cleaning and waxing it) becuase I decided to go drifting in the snow a few times. Its so easy to get the back end out since its so light, I couldn't resist! Next time you wash it guse a wash that has carnauba wax in it. The stuff I just picked up works great. It has wax beads in the soap that desinegrate when I add water. It doesn't come out as good as really waxing it but its not to far off. Just wash and dry your car with this stuff and it looks great! Here's a pic:

I hate the stupid 4 cyl thats in it now. Its rediculously slow. If me and savagejim raced, it would be pretty close. Someone dynoed their 4 cyl and it had 88hp...[:'(]

J.D.T. if you lived closer I'd check it out but your pretty far away.

I can find a used 5.0 engine with decent mileage for $600. If I wanted a chevy engine it would be $1000+. Fords just cheaper.

How about a Notch like mine with a terminator drivetrain?
Old 02-12-2009, 06:47 PM
The Hedgehog

'03-'04 Cobra is on my list of wants also [:@]

Right now I cannot afford insurance on a Mustang Cobra, so I picked my car which weighs the same an has the same engine (hence the sig), I suppose I can supercharge this one, but it's already too fast as it is.

Don't worry Stampede Killer doesn't know what he is talking about, if his parents gave him a Ford he would be singing a different tune
Old 02-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Foxy

lol, my car has a naturally aspirated 2.0 four banger, and makes 200hp/ton. I also do 0-62 in 5.7 secs and get 28 mpg.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:51 PM
The Hedgehog

I get 28 mpg highway for a 2 ton car with 300 HP.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:34 PM
J.D.T

my old 514 ran the eight mile in 5.63 seconds @ 127 made 700 hp naturally aspired weighed 2929lbs with me in it and got 2.8 mph probably

the 03 and 04 cobras are sweet
I don't have one now but I do have a secret thing for the 83-86 mercury capris, we had a couple v8 five speed ones floating around my group of buddies, the white one someone should have held onto as it was one of 103 built with t tops and v 8s in 1986. I like the fat fender and bubble back window, my buddy Travis sold a 86 like this to Matt who sold it to Shane so everyone beat one just like this

Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Krazy Chicken

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

'03-'04 Cobra is on my list of wants also [:@]

Right now I cannot afford insurance on a Mustang Cobra, so I picked my car which weighs the same an has the same engine (hence the sig), I suppose I can supercharge this one, but it's already too fast as it is.

Don't worry Stampede Killer doesn't know what he is talking about, if his parents gave him a Ford he would be singing a different tune
so not true, if my parents gave me a ford, i wouldn't of took it, i would of said no thanks. i actually got to pick what my vehicle was, the only requirement it had to have was a stick. i almost got a wrangler, but this was cheaper. all my choice on a truck

i also grew up around cars and trucks, my dad had a 82' chevy c10 with a 400 small block int it. and had a 383 that was switched in and out of that truck
Old 02-13-2009, 10:21 AM
pb_paulie_b

My 00' Link LS Daily driver and my sunndy day 89' candy apple Mustang GT

Old 02-13-2009, 10:24 AM
mechanizeddeath

does the cat hang on for dear life at highway speeds?
Old 02-13-2009, 10:26 AM
pb_paulie_b

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

does the cat hang on for dear life at highway speeds?
He doesn't!
Jes like he don't wipe his feet first either.....
Old 02-13-2009, 12:18 PM
NitroVenom

Thats a sweet lookin GT. How much did that paint job run you? I'm gonna be painting mine one of these days too and candy apple red looks really nice. The chrome pony's just set it off. What'd you do to the suspension to get it that low? Just springs?

Foxy your s2k must be so much fun to drive! Nice choice in wheels too. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 02-13-2009, 12:24 PM
pb_paulie_b

Thats a sweet lookin GT. How much did that paint job run you? I'm gonna be painting mine one of these days too and candy apple red looks really nice. The chrome pony's just set it off. What'd you do to the suspension to get it that low? Just springs?

Foxy your s2k must be so much fun to drive! Nice choice in wheels too. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Thanks man!
It was on the car when I bought it. The previous owner said it was 4k.
As far as the suspension they are eibachs with a coil cut off- I know not the best way but thats the way it was when I bought it :/
Old 02-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Foxy

It sure is! And thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.