Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

THE LOUNGE 3...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:20 PM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: THE LOUNGE 3...

ORIGINAL: nitrozach54

crap... I accidentally subscribed[:'(]
gotta go to my email and create a spam filter.. lol
hahaha... oh man, of all the threads to subscribe... You can't unsubscribe then? I'll need to keep that in mind!

About the costs... No clue yet. The damage appears minor on the surface, but you never know what lurks underneath. I'll probably need a new grille, headlight, front quarter panel, and wheel. That model was phased out 10 years ago, so I don't know what that means for parts.

I do know that the wheel isn't cheap, nor is the headlight.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:22 PM
Krazy Chicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you might be able to find some in the junk yard
Old 02-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Or ebay believe it or not.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Krazy Chicken

that works, but you don't get to see what your buying in person until you actually pay for it, hope fully it will be easyer than it was for me when i had to find a transmission, no junkyards had them, and ebay didn't have them, i had to buy from the dealer
Old 02-26-2009, 08:40 PM
mechanizeddeath

Yeah I'm not sure what is going to happen. I am taking it to the body shop tomorrow, after I call my insurance company.

I'm somewhat bummed that I sold my '95 to my friend. It was a wagon, but everything was the same besides the grille and wheel.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Krazy Chicken

oh, that sucks, but seems kinda ironic?
Old 02-26-2009, 09:02 PM
mechanizeddeath

ORIGINAL: Stampede Killer

yep... well it needed a new 4EAT transmission, reverse went out. and i was unable to afford it at the time. the quick solution was to take my grandma's toyota, which i didn't want. [:@] i gradually got used to it though, and the old Subaru sat in the yard. after a couple years I sold it to a friend of mine for $300 and he is still driving it. still no reverse, lol!
Old 02-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

yep... well it needed a new 4EAT transmission, reverse went out. and i was unable to afford it at the time. the quick solution was to take my grandma's toyota, which i didn't want. [:@] i gradually got used to it though, and the old Subaru sat in the yard. after a couple years I sold it to a friend of mine for $300 and he is still driving it. still no reverse, lol!
Kind of limited on where you park then hu
Old 02-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Krazy Chicken

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

Kind of limited on where you park then hu
in less you want to push it out of the spot
Old 02-26-2009, 09:39 PM
DarkFire989

I just bought a new laptop for college next year. Dell XPS M1530, woooo!
Old 02-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

New laptop, nice!!! I can use a new computer for sure!! [:@]
Old 02-26-2009, 11:28 PM
cumquat

you said the same thing whn i got my laptop.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:31 AM
773W
My Feedback: (1)

I guess that means he ment it. I could use a new one too.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Lunchboxer

Yeah, that means I am consistent!!
Old 02-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Foxy

My desktop PC is a ninja beast. I just don't know if I could live without the performance any more. Only the top Alienware laptop with a solid state hard drive would give my desktop a run for its money (on general speed of windows, not graphics). But the XPSes are nice machines to be sure. If I was to get a laptop it would be one of those or an alienware. Thing is I have a lot of peripherals which I use, several diffferent joysticks, a couple of different mice, a logitech wheel... just doesn't make sense for me to switch to a laptop as a primary machine.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:46 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: Foxy

My desktop PC is a ninja beast. I just don't know if I could live without the performance any more. Only the top Alienware laptop with a solid state hard drive would give my desktop a run for its money (on general speed of windows, not graphics). But the XPSes are nice machines to be sure. If I was to get a laptop it would be one of those or an alienware. Thing is I have a lot of peripherals which I use, several diffferent joysticks, a couple of different mice, a logitech wheel... just doesn't make sense for me to switch to a laptop as a primary machine.
Are you in love with dell or what? (dell bought out alienware a while back) I was going to get a nice computer I would build my own not buy a pre made one. Its just simply better..
Old 02-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Lunchboxer

I always just use the cheap PC.. I guess for the gamers it is important to have a fast PC.. but I just use PC for e-mail and web at home.. and like balancing checkbook.. LOL! Dont' run anything intensive.. ! So my current PC does not even have a graphic accelerator card..

Which is kind of stopping me from getting a cool heli simulator.. hee.. [:@]

One of these days, I will have to get a new computer.. but I will milk it for as long as I can!!
Old 02-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Foxy

Are you in love with dell or what? (dell bought out alienware a while back) I was going to get a nice computer I would build my own not buy a pre made one. Its just simply better..
You can't buld your own laptop!! Well, I suppose you could but it would be tough! I only build custom PCs, I would never buy a box from a brand. Laptops obviously another story though, and yes, I do believe that Dell are the top end of PC box shifters.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:21 AM
nitrozach54
Banned

You can't buld your own laptop!! Well, I suppose you could but it would be tough! I only build custom PCs, I would never buy a box from a brand. Laptops obviously another story though, and yes, I do believe that Dell are the top end of PC box shifters.
What are some of the specs on your "ninja beast" PC Foxy?
Old 02-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Lunchboxer

Foxy,

You been putting much miles to your S2000?! It is your daily driver, right?!
Old 02-27-2009, 10:33 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: nitrozach54

What are some of the specs on your "ninja beast" PC?
I've posted them a few times...

Intel Core duo 6850 (3.0Ghz nominal), overclocked on a zalman air and copper cooler to about 3.6-3.8 depending on ambient temperature.
Gigabyte X38 mobo
4GB DDR800 (this is my weakest link)
Raptor 10000rpm 150GB primary
500GB secondary
GeForce 8800GTX 768MB (suitably overclocked)
Altec 5.1 speakers
Logitech G15 k/b
Logitech G5 and Razer Copperhead mice
Momo force logitech wheel
20.1"LG TFT (4:3 1600x1200, I HATE widescreens, which is why this hasn't been upgraded).

It's not the fastest machine in the world, but it's overkill for what I do. Vista boots in about 11 seconds from cold start, XP in about 15. It's the hard disk and the overclocking of the CPU that make it 'really' fast. Windows operations are blindingly fast, really. Game graphics, it's beginning to lag a bit with only one card, but I have some funds reserved for sorting that out, but my car comes first...which brings me to your question LB...

Yes, fortunately or unfortunately, depending which way you see it (I see it both ways tbh), I have been putting a lot of Ks on it. I love driving it and take every excuse. It is my DD, and as a DD, I have honestly no complaints except the lack of a cup holder for my moring starbucks (yes I do plan to fab one myself, there are a few 'guides' out there, but unfortunately, most involve the ashtray, wish in my case, sadly, is used as an ashtray.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:35 AM
The Hedgehog

Foxy, anyplace you can race your S2000? Do they have autocross over there?

Unfortunately I am looking at a Miata for local autocross racing to get my feet wet. Now the Miata is growing on me though.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Foxy

Yeh, there's a track in Serres, but to be honest, I'm probably not going to go very often, I'm not rich, and you really need to be to do that.

The stock 2.0 miata is a great autocrosser, and round most tracks is less than half a second behind the stock S. the diff unloads in an ugly way though. The S has a great diff but it's a bit weak (lol, for some reason I can't imagine, it doesn't like 6k rpm plus launches (aka VTEC launches). Who knew?!? lol. ).
Old 02-27-2009, 11:06 AM
The Hedgehog

Lol talk about diff unloading, my Lincoln has a nasty tendency to unload the diff when you turn traction control off. It has an open rear, not the best for anything really other than allowing for computerized traction control.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Lunchboxer

Time for some mechanical LSD.. !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.