Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Warning: New 'puter virus, Conflicker

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Rob6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warning: New 'puter virus, Conflicker

ORIGINAL: Enzyme80

Ok so i may be late on this but if you run Windows (as most of us do) and have updated it since late October of last year you are all set AV or no AV. Hate MS all you want but they are trying to be better (and FTR i hat MS but they are the reason i have a job) *Programmer who does not create worms*

Also for those who thing that Macs and or Linux cannot get virus's you are wrong. It is just much less likely that you will, and yes it is mainly because MS is still the key player and they will be for a long time Windows 7 is going to make sure of that. That said, set your OS to auto update and your VS to update at least once a week and you should never really have a problem unless you go to those sites you shouldn't or click on a link that says "OH WOW LOOK AT MY NEW PICS!!!!!!" or something along those lines.

Quick way to know if you got it is to try to run the auto update in MS or go to microsoft.com (or any major AV web site). if you can update or get to those sites you are good to go and do not have the virus.
They can but show me one and Ill download it and install it.