Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Spyder RSX or Spyder VS3? or Spyder MR2?

Old 04-16-2009, 01:52 AM
rccarman81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spyder RSX or Spyder VS3? or Spyder MR2?

Hhmmmmm, I have been wondering which one is better and they all seem to be the same. Even though they all have their little differences like the MR2 may be a little heavier than the others. Or the VS3 has a rocking trigger. Or the RSX has 5 different modes, etc. I have read about them and gathered all sorts of information about them for a day or two. I still cant figure out which one is better. Its hard because I havent had first hand experience with either of these paintball guns. So...yeah... I dont know which one to get for Woodsball and occasionally messing around.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:38 AM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spyder RSX or Spyder VS3? or Spyder MR2?

Alright, I'm confused and possibly an idiot. Is this question about cars or paintball guns? Paintball guns named after cars perhaps? [sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif][sm=confused.gif]
Old 04-16-2009, 08:42 AM
msdtyu

maby you should ask a paintball forum because i am pretty sure that they would know more then we do
Old 04-16-2009, 05:46 PM
rccarman81

Oh, sorry paintball guns. You probably got confused with the Spyder MR2 because of the car and the paintball gun. And my account hasnt been activated yet for the Spyder(paintball) forums, thats why im posting it here.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:12 AM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I know of a few people who are into both RC and paintball so I suppose that here isn't too bad of a place to ask about it.

I don't know much about it to be honest. Someone did give me a paintball gun years ago though. Oops, they call them "markers" don't they? Because guns kill, or something like that. [&:] haha... Anyway, it was this weird guy I went to college with about 12 years ago. Long story short, he worked at a sporting goods store with bad security, and stole it for me. I felt bad for the guy, he was so awkward, and wanted friends, so he stole a paintball marker for me and a few others so we would go with him. Unfortunately it backfired, because who wants a friend that steals? I sure don't. [:@]

I still have it though. Staple seals broken, but otherwise NIB. I can't/won't sell it because it is stolen, and can't/won't use it because it is stolen. So it just sits in my cedar chest.

It's a Tiger Shark from Brass Eagle. As I understand it, it was junk all those years ago and is kind of a joke today.

Looks like this:
Old 04-17-2009, 06:03 PM
jikkuria

now, out of the markers listed, i would go with the rsx. it's an ok gun, nothing special. for the same price you could go with [link=http://www.actionvillage.com/AVI-Paintball/paintball-paintball-guns-redz-paintball-guns]this[/link], for those of you who play paint ball...i know it's an ion, but it's the reds one with a few more creature comforts. should beat out a spyder. i would say just save up an exra $100 and buy a [link=http://www.actionvillage.com/AVI-Paintball/paintball-paintball-guns-dangerous-power-paintball-guns]G3[/link], it is a tournament lever marker for 300 bucks, multiple modes, flip asa, clamping neck, 14 in barrel, and will beat the brakes off of a spyder and ion. here's mine.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:20 PM
rccarman81

Hmm, so would the G3 be fine for woodsball and speedsball, and then just messing around? Even though it will be little harder and take longer to save up an extra $100 because I still have another paintball gun im using, but its not as good.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:12 PM
msdtyu

have you seen tech pb on youtube they are good vids for information on paintball and he did a review on the g3 if you are interested
Old 04-18-2009, 01:59 PM
rccarman81

yes, i am very interested thanks. i will check it out.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:30 PM
madmax22

I would get the smart parts vibe with a 14 inch barrel and black heart if I were to get any of them.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:11 PM
jikkuria

i personally dont like smartparts, not because of web rumors and opinions, but because i disliked my ion. the g3 has the bolt out the back, like 3 dynamic seals, flip on off, clamping feed neck, and this doesn't matter, but i love the dip switches. it's got good efficiency, similar to the dye guns, and theirs only 1 moving part. oh, and it has eye wires and not that ribbon, and great customer service.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:18 PM
jikkuria

also, i forgot to mention another great marker for the price, the [link=http://www.actionvillage.com/010-393-0053]Proto SLG[/link], it's another really stable gun that comes in at a low price. similar performance to the G3, but in a different package. the only thing i dont like about the SLG is that is is plastic, but so were the old rails, and they were fine, but the G3 is all metal. there is also [link=http://www.actionvillage.com/010-393-0044]this[/link] version of the slg which is with all the goodies you would buy anyway.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:27 PM
HJJFFFAA

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

Well I know of a few people who are into both RC and paintball so I suppose that here isn't too bad of a place to ask about it.

I don't know much about it to be honest. Someone did give me a paintball gun years ago though. Oops, they call them "markers" don't they? Because guns kill, or something like that. [&:] haha... Anyway, it was this weird guy I went to college with about 12 years ago. Long story short, he worked at a sporting goods store with bad security, and stole it for me. I felt bad for the guy, he was so awkward, and wanted friends, so he stole a paintball marker for me and a few others so we would go with him. Unfortunately it backfired, because who wants a friend that steals? I sure don't. [:@]

I still have it though. Staple seals broken, but otherwise NIB. I can't/won't sell it because it is stolen, and can't/won't use it because it is stolen. So it just sits in my cedar chest.

It's a Tiger Shark from Brass Eagle. As I understand it, it was junk all those years ago and is kind of a joke today.

Looks like this:
Poor guy. Anyway. I think my uncle had a gun like that. I found it a few years ago in my attic along with a real gun. Only the paintball gun was broken so I couldn't play with it...
Old 04-18-2009, 08:55 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I remember going out pain ballin' as a kid, we were low teck, we just used PVC tubes and put the balls in and used them as blow guns!

Then, we upgraded to WallyWorld pump action plastic guns, utter pieces of junk. The good ol'e PVC pipes were more reliable!

Then, a few years back, I bought a true marker and some co2 canisters and we went to town!

From what I remember, no matter which Spyder you get, you got a damn good marker, those were one of the top of the line markers.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:39 AM
jikkuria

i cant remember back to the days of spyder being on top. they make ok blow back markers, but in my opinion, azodin pretty much makes guns that are spyders on steroids and will kill a spyder. the spyders dont have an lpr or a hpr, so their pretty inconsistent, then most people run Co2 which doesn't help the situation. i've had a few spyders, and they shoot fine for $80, but for a little more, you can have soo much more. they use non standard fittings and such, they have pretty much become the ***** of the paintball world, and lost some of their focus on the players.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:56 AM
SAVAGEJIM

I havent gone ballin' in some time now, so I am out of the loop as to what markers are the best ones today. But I do remember guys spending hundreds of $$$ on their markers, and I think to myself, I could buy a nice deer rifle for the same amount before the next deer season!

The marker I have now is all mechanical, but I have seen some with electronic control! And I have absolutely no clue as to how much one of those costs today.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:27 PM
jikkuria

i love mechanical markers, but for serious competition that isn't restricted, electro-pneumatic is a must. some of the pro level guns run over $1000, and some over $1500. there's also special editions that can be in the $2000 club.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:26 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Yikes! Oh well, just like how in RCs, you can spend thousands, so too, can you spend as much on paint ball gear. Professional helmets, knee and elbow pads, vests, and even jockstraps can be mucho bucks.
But the next RC I have acutally begun to save up for costs just under $3K USD! So, I can definitely see another hobby costing as much if not more.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:37 PM
jikkuria

what car do you plan to buy, elcon cleon?
Old 04-19-2009, 04:20 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Oh yeah! Stop whetting my tongue, I already am stoked about it, seeing a couple of guys who actually had the privalage of building one, and watching one un in some vids, just the thought make me want to hit the track and race, even though I am a very poor racer. Maybe with practice between now and when I can actually buy it will give me the skills to actually race competently.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:14 PM
jikkuria

i want to make the large scale jump, but im lacking in money as im a jobless 16 year old. but i have absolutely no 1/5 scale tracks near me so i dont need a racer, when i get the money i will probably go for a baja, only because they will suit my needs, after i buy all my paintball stuff that is.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:01 AM
sapper ion

Honestly you should go to a pro shop "one that will let you test fire" or atleast hold the guns and decide from there. Like some others and yourself said Spyders are all based off the exact same design with a few extra addons to seperate them. For the level of play you are looking at doing it will be just fine. All of the upper level's or even ION and up are great reliable guns but if you don't put the maintenance into them or you don't spend the money for electro hoppers and Nitro tanks then they won't work that well and more could get damaged inside the gun.

Now for speedball purposes you must realise that it take a great fire rate to play the game so I would recomend the one with the rocking trigger and then get a nitro tank. Also if you wan't too shoot fast you should look into a marker that has Eye's so you can reduce ball breaks inside the gun.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:08 AM
sapper ion

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Yikes! Oh well, just like how in RCs, you can spend thousands, so too, can you spend as much on paint ball gear. Professional helmets, knee and elbow pads, vests, and even jockstraps can be mucho bucks.
But the next RC I have acutally begun to save up for costs just under $3K USD! So, I can definitely see another hobby costing as much if not more.

Definatly when I played in the NPPL Super 7 series I spent a lot of money on my stuff. 1800 dollar gun after mods, 250 dollar hopper after it was chipped, All of my jerseys were customized and cost around 60 dollars each, Mask was at the time 110, shoes were 75, and Pod pack was around 70 dollars complete. Then you figure all of the paint I shot up at a tourny. On average I would go through about 13 cases of paint a tourney.

All I can say is thank god for sponsors cause to keep up 3 guns and 4 sets of gear for each tourny it really took a lot of help...

Ohh yeah don't forget about plane tickets and hotel stays...

Pro/Amatuer ballers do not make much from their winnings