Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

What do you do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 09:32 PM
SBOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What do you do?

Mudlogger
Old 04-24-2009, 09:37 PM
SBOT

I'm a mudlogger.
What in the world is that?
Old 04-24-2009, 09:40 PM
HJJFFFAA

Having fun talking to yourself?
Old 04-24-2009, 09:59 PM
srw1960

spent 13 years after high school in automotive field.paint ,body,frame and mechanic . In 1991 left that field and started all over in the field of prosthetics (thats artificial arms,legs,hands.) stayed at it went back to school and slowly climbed the ladder now I am a certified and liscenced prosthetist orthotist.. now you wanna hear what is probably the most ironic thing you have ever heard of? 2 years ago thanks to cancer after spending 17 years building legs for amputees I became a hemi pelvectomy amputee myself so now I get to make legs for myself...let me tell ya its fun trying to run rc on one leg but I love all my rc toys and have learned well how to run them all..
Old 04-24-2009, 10:10 PM
gws_003

I'm an automotive technition in a GM dealership, been doing it for 25 years,,,don't know the future, it's up and down from day to day,,,but I can always fix things, and fly
Old 04-24-2009, 10:25 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

I am a Project Manager for emerging technology companies. I have an engineering background and have been in manufacturing, procurement, quality and hw/sw validation to name a few things. I have been in start-up technology companies for almost 10 years since I got out of the military. I enjoy small technology companies a LOT.

I just co-founded a new engineering service company that should be funded in a week. We are on the brink of landing our first customer so its an exciting and stressful time.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:49 PM
MadManAndrew

Wow, this grew fast... Some of you guys (and gal) have some pretty cool jobs. Anyway, I'm unemployed and have $42.70 to my name.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:06 PM
feo

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

Wow, I've done a lot of stuff over the years. Worked in the electronics field in the late 70"s, Ran a retail electronics store with about 2 million in anual sales in the early 80's, Worked in management in a commercial bakery in the late 80's, owned a construction company in the early 90's which I sold to a bigger company and became vice-president of that company. Then in late 07 the housing market started to tank and that company went down. Since then I've been in school full time and working part time for a company that turns shipping containers into office/storage/housing space. Another year and I'll be done with school and hopefully find a job as an x-ray tech.
[X(]

That is all.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:16 PM
SD2006

I'm an electrical engineer. I work for an engineering consulting firm and spend most of my time arguing with contractors about how to read plans and specs. It's a complete and pathetic waste of an education, but at least I'm employed.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:52 PM
Anomie

ORIGINAL: nitro rc

ORIGINAL: Anomie

I am an engineering technician involved in aerospace research. Mostly testing of reentry vehicle flow and heating properties.
I'm in high school but aerospace is what I am interested in too. How is that job?
I am on the blue-collar side of the research, so it is not the same as what you are studying. The aerospace engineers handle the conditions of the testing and my coworkers and I operate the facilities within which the research is performed. I have little education in the physics of flow. I can tell you that the aerospace industry (centered upon government research dollars) is a very intriguing and fluid environment. There is endless room for advancement and possibility for someone just out of school.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Anomie

ORIGINAL: SBOT

I'm a mudlogger.
What in the world is that?
Are you going to tell us?
Old 04-25-2009, 08:42 AM
f16man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a caterpiller mechanic /machinist for a large cat dealership founded by Ben Holt who invented the track drive system, before that 30 years in automotive and marine engine machine shop, and several years restoring Pratt and Whitney radial engines.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:55 AM
SBOT

Just wating for someone to ask. Geologist's assistant would be a better job description.

I monitor the drilling fluid and drill cuttings on a drilling rig.

I keep a log of depth, gas and geological formations that the rig drills through.

Moderate pay long hours, but I enjoy it.

Thanks for asking,
Oscar
Old 04-25-2009, 10:32 AM
Anomie

Thank you for the description Oscar. That sounds like interesting and unusual work, honestly.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:07 PM
nitro rc

ORIGINAL: nitro rc

I am an engineering technician involved in aerospace research. Mostly testing of reentry vehicle flow and heating properties.
I'm in high school but aerospace is what I am interested in too. How is that job?
I am on the blue-collar side of the research, so it is not the same as what you are studying. The aerospace engineers handle the conditions of the testing and my coworkers and I operate the facilities within which the research is performed. I have little education in the physics of flow. I can tell you that the aerospace industry (centered upon government research dollars) is a very intriguing and fluid environment. There is endless room for advancement and possibility for someone just out of school.
cool, thanks for the info
Old 04-25-2009, 03:48 PM
warheadforever

ORIGINAL: rc rock

^lol.............................................. ........................ seriously???

i'm an assistant warehouse manager, basiccally organize stuff nto shelfs and help customers who are not looking to buy in bulk.A pretty cool job for a teenagerif you ask me
Yes, very seriously.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:29 PM
skippy7399

I'm an aviation technician at the local county airport. A fancy term for gas jockey. Though parking and moving multimillion dollar planes is way fun. Still can't believe they let me do that.

Though very soon may(?) join the growing league of the unemployed![]
Old 04-25-2009, 06:01 PM
john2364

I am about to graduate law school. I will be taking the BAR in July. Once I pass the par (knock on wood), I will be starting my own solo practice. I plan to practice in criminal defense as it is the area that I enjoy the most and have the most experience in.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:11 PM
highwattage74

I'm a Commercial/Industrial Electrician. Started out 16 years ago as an Electronics Technician, however, I decided that in the last few years I enjoyed eating every night. Not much call for repairing electronics anymore. The bright side of it is you can always throw words like "Ohm's Law" "Inductance" "Ferrite Choke" "Notch Filter" and people's eyes will open wide along with their wallets. Of course, if you enjoy RC as much as I do then you might as well stock up on cheap TV dinners and count change for gas and smokes.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:03 PM
waterloged

I worked as a mechanic for most of my life after the USMC then ran my own custom gunsmithing shop for over 25 years. Now i'm disabled and fighting for disability. I have drove truck, worked in electronics & tv repair, Underwater demalitions and construction, and farming, i taught firearms safty and marksmanship, hunter safty, Scuba diving, I am a master diver with over 4,172 hours under water since 1975
Old 04-25-2009, 08:11 PM
SD2006

ORIGINAL: highwattage74

The bright side of it is you can always throw words like "Ohm's Law" "Inductance" "Ferrite Choke" "Notch Filter" and people's eyes will open wide along with their wallets.
You'll have to do better than that. Here's some ideas... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtuqjFf7-N4
Old 04-25-2009, 08:17 PM
MadManAndrew

ORIGINAL: SD2006

ORIGINAL: highwattage74

The bright side of it is you can always throw words like "Ohm's Law" "Inductance" "Ferrite Choke" "Notch Filter" and people's eyes will open wide along with their wallets.
You'll have to do better than that. Here's some ideas... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtuqjFf7-N4
lol. ebaumsworld, lol. That guy makes absolutely NO sense...
Old 04-25-2009, 08:18 PM
youngpilot
My Feedback: (4)

Im a flight instructor at a crapy school waiting for a real job.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:47 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ThunderbirdJunkie is an ass't manager of a tire shop, and is in school for biomedical tech/engineering
Old 04-25-2009, 09:22 PM
mcintoshflyer

im a sub contractor for a hospital i do small remodel projects and acoustical ceilings and such as that but not much going on here not starving but not getting rich
but i can still afford model air fuel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.