Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Say goodbye to pontiac!

Old 05-19-2009, 04:02 AM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Say goodbye to pontiac!

ORIGINAL: superflea

...but will it sell well enough to help Ford avoid the path GM is on?
Ford posted a 1.4 billion dollar loss for the first quarter of thisyear. Ford's fourth quarter loss for 2008 was 5.9 billion (GM's firstquarter '09 was 6 billion) for a total '08 loss of 14.6 billion. Nocompany can sustain such losses for long. Chief Financial Officer forFord Lewis Booth says he is confident that he can avoid GMs fatethrough 2009, but wouldn't comment on 2010. He is paid to beoptimistic. So in his optimistic view he is sure about this year, butdoesn't want to talk about next year. Optimistically of course.
I think Ford will come out of this beaten, but still breathing.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:05 AM
gauicanada
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too bad they are having trouble,GM has been moving fast in the right direction. I won't buy Japanese I keep my money in my country and support my own people. Speaking of Japanese my neighbour went through two mazda engines and one Nissan with a defective front end in the time I owned my 92 cavalier which by the way the morons that rate cars and brainwash the public said I had the worst car you can buy that year. Like I told my Kids the hearse you come and get me in better be a chev,ford or crysler product or else I'll walk to the boneyard on my own.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:51 AM
J.D.T

ORIGINAL: superflea

ORIGINAL: J.D.T

He placed his order in january so its probably changed about a half dozen times since then, as far as the money thing goes it ain't much different I will admit butspend that $2500 on sticky tires and an extra set of wheelsand you will be able to outhandle and outrun the camero

but if one gets to put sticky tires etc. on then so does the other. other wise you are comparing one modded car to a stock. it has to be a stock V stock comparison otherwise it comes down to who has the most money. Then we are back to 4 bangers with 500 HP.

This wasjust to compair it dollar for dollar, the $2500 being nothing and all lol.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:26 AM
J.D.T

ORIGINAL: black mamba

ORIGINAL: J.D.T

crap you're right, having spent 10 years slinging auto parts I should know that, can we get the camaro owners club to put the nameplates of the front of their cars, us mustang guys forget how to spell camaro since its been so long since we were behind one

I hope this forces ford to make a bigger bore modular motor, considering they are giving up nearly 100 cubic inches they better build a bigger motor.

I admit the new camaro should dominate both the plain mustang gt and mopar pony cars, BUTthe best camaro won't outrun the best mustang, same story 40 years later.Ok I will admit, they are maybe 4-36year for year with the mustang.

Gm is talking about giving us the Z28. So you can bet it will have at least as much hp as the Shelby. The bad news is the Viper.....sounds like it's dead in the water.
common man, its like a 281 against a 378 or something, you can spot us the blower lol, from what my guy at ford says there was a huge debate inside ford, some wanted to bump the 4.6 to 5.0 and badge the car again, others felt that defeated the retro styling, 5.0 is like a part of the nomenclacture now
five point oh
five oh
sure wish they had did it, IMOis almost old enough now to be classic, I suppose the first 5.0 badge did not hit until the 82 model, so a few more years,
The z 28 has allways been part of the camaro legacy, no one talks about the sweet berlinetta there cousin had in high school lol, GM will go broke for sure if they give it to much more power as they will have IRS warranties like no other, the newer vettes are much better than the older stuff but it still takes a costly upgrade if you got big power or super sticky tires. I am sure the charger companies will take the new camaro to 600 and above pretty quickly so I hope someone is working on an axle kit lol.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:15 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: black mamba
That Caddy is as good as it's going to get for you Jim. The LS will never be OHC, at least not without a significant retooling.....and considering the state GMis in, Idoubt that will happen.
And that is a terrible thing. Yes, I am glad that Ford had teh forsight to go OHC and even DOHC during the 90's, and I do hope the continue to proceed with full VVT from a DOHC configuration.

I just wish that GM did not give up on DOHC. Push-rods are Passe, and there will be a time where pushrods will not be able to meet the ever increasingly stringent EPA regulations.

Though I am a propnent of DOHC and VVT, to achieve a foll range of VVT and also eliminate the weight of no less than 50% of the valvetrain, I envision a valve system that is actuated elctromagnetically or a combination of hydro-electromagnetically. The possiblities of such a camless valvetrain are geat. Such will allow for a 100% infinitely variable timing profiles to create completely new profiles to suit the needs of the task the engine must do.

Such include a completely fuel efficient low lift timing profile that is tailored for every nuance of the engine at every single RPM throughout the entire RPM bandwidth below redline. And not just for a fuel-saving tiing profile, this valvetrain can also in the very same vehicle create a low-torque power curve for towing, or a very high HP high RPM output curve for top speed where the engine must produce high torque at these high RPMs.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:05 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol...............all this talk about power makes we want to go empty a bottle.......the 10lb variety.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:49 PM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

LMAO!