Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Cabbage Soup Diet

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabbage Soup Diet

Well, we decided to give it a go....

[link=http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/eating-plan.html]This[/link] is the 7 day eating plan.
The first two days were hell....
Headaches, no energy and generally light headed.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
In the evening of day two I had massive stomach cramps and felt like I was about to vomit.[sm=52_52.gif]
We're on day 4 now and I've just downed my third banana smoothie for the day, and am actually feeling really good.
Looking forward to eating some meat tomorrow though, but will have to go easy on it as it's been 4 days without anything but fruit and vegetables.

The soup we made is really good and contrary to many people's belief it's not JUST cabbage and water - that would be pretty boring.
We threw in all sorts of veggies along with some hot curry paste to make it a bit more interesting.

All in all it feels good but I'm really looking forward to Sunday when I can have a beer...[sm=teeth_smile.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

Has anyone done it and how did it go?

Old 08-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Anomie

Default RE: Cabbage Soup Diet

I have completed a few different cleanses, but not so much with the cabbage soup. That stuff is delicious, though!

The most difficult was only pure cranberries or their juice for 96 hours. That was a hell of a drop in fat but in the end I craved pizza. I do normally go more than a week with no meat and very little fish. My sharpest drop was a dozen pounds in 8 days - after which my doctor and sister proceeded to lay into me until I saw reason [&:]
Old 08-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Cabbage and cranberries diet........? Is that healthy?
Old 08-04-2009, 09:07 PM
HJJFFFAA

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

No.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:14 PM
lee172

i guess i'm lucky, i have a fast metabolism, so i never put weight on, but the downside is i cant bulk up either [:'(]

the only time i eat soup is for a starter!
Old 08-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Anomie

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

No.
Not long term, of course. A short cleanse can really make a difference if you need a boost, however.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:27 PM
madmax22

ORIGINAL: lee172

i guess i'm lucky, i have a fast metabolism, so i never put weight on, but the downside is i cant bulk up either [:'(]

the only time i eat soup is for a starter!
Me too!

Good luck on your cabbage thing, doesnt sound like my kinda-thing [:'(]
Old 08-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Anomie

Depending upon your age, no diet or cleanse may be the least bit necessary. For me, once in a while is fine.

Next up: The epic pizza diet! I love that one
Old 08-04-2009, 10:01 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

If you can't give up your everyday comforts and change your habits for a week, then you really need to think about what would happen if the world was to suddenly change and things that you take for granted were no longer readily available...

I suffer from terribly weak willpower when it comes to indulging in things that aren't good for you.
Normally I can't open a pack of chips or lollies without eating the whole thing.
Funny thing is that I've hardly been tempted at all to eat things I shouldn't during this period, which is good.
I'm not by any means fat but as the years go on there's definitely a bit of a beer gut forming.....
Let's just say that I could do with losing about 5 kilos.

Next step is to kick the worst habit of them all.
Smoking.....

Argh.

Old 08-04-2009, 10:55 PM
madmax22

ORIGINAL: Anomie

Depending upon your age, no diet or cleanse may be the least bit necessary. For me, once in a while is fine.

that one sounds good to me!!

Dirty: Put them cancer sticks in the trash man.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Anomie

Taking steps as you have is admirable. Many never recognize the tremendous differences which can occur as the years fly along. That downhill ride can create a sense of comfort as things begin to age more dramatically - small changes in effort and the manner in which time is spent each day can translate into a multitude of problems. Reaching for solutions early is tough but necessary.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:25 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: Anomie

Ha Ha I just ordered a pizza
Old 08-05-2009, 12:32 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like pizza....It goes good with beer.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:50 AM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

I'm on a seefood diet. If I see food, I eat it.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:26 PM
dsales

ORIGINAL: larryf333

Ugh, thats so old, you should be shot larry.

I tried out lipotrim bars for a while just cos they tasted so damn good, they worked out really well too, a small bar filled you up for all the day
Old 08-05-2009, 01:34 PM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

I'm not a horse. Careful what you wish for, my sister and bro-in-law just got a divorce and he's going nutz. Leaving suicide notes and talking about killing himself and her family. So I'd appreciate it if you withdrew that statement.

ORIGINAL: dsales

Ugh, thats so old, you should be shot larry.

I tried out lipotrim bars for a while just cos they tasted so damn good, they worked out really well too, a small bar filled you up for all the day
Old 08-05-2009, 02:12 PM
secretsg

The best diet is the Poptart diet. If you are hungry you can only eat pop tarts. You will be so sick of it by the end of the day you won't eat anything at all.

In all seriousness if you want to lose weight cut by no more than 500 calories per day. This way your body will not rebound. You can also try cyclic. (eg. 2000 calories to maintain. Do 2500 - 1800 - 1500 cycles so your body doesn't get used to to the low energy intake.)
Old 08-05-2009, 02:35 PM
dsales

I'm not a horse. Careful what you wish for, my sister and bro-in-law just got a divorce and he's going nutz. Leaving suicide notes and talking about killing himself and her family. So I'd appreciate it if you withdrew that statement.
Woah, you took that the wrong way [&:] Thats a typical statement over this side of the pond.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:33 PM
klaze

My doctor and nutritionist both agree "cleanses" are useless... and the way most people do them is just harmful to your body..
Old 08-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

ORIGINAL: klaze

My doctor and nutritionist both agree ''cleanses'' are useless... and the way most people do them is just harmful to your body..
Yeah I'm not 100% convinced either but it's worth a shot anwyway.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:08 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: klaze

My doctor and nutritionist both agree ''cleanses'' are useless... and the way most people do them is just harmful to your body..
He's/She's right. They do more harm then good.

I know a way to eat whatever you want, and not gain wait, but it involves hard work at the gym.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

I dunno though, I'm definitely feeling better and less lethargic after 4 days of it.
Whether that's just in my mind or not, I don't know, but cutting out stuff like alcohol and (too much)sugar etc would most likely have a positive effect on the body.

Going to the gym would have to be the most boring thing I can think of.
I'm active enough as it is anyway, as I work outdoors as a landscaper, and walk the dog at least twice a day for about 20 mins at a time.
I used to work for a guy who went to the gym almost every day.
Sure he was ripped/toned/whatever you wanna call it, but he had zero stamina when it came to digging holes and pushing wheelbarrows around.
He still had a beer gut as well actually.
All bulk and no power.

It doesn't matter what diet etc you're talking about - there will always be some expert, doctor or naturopath who will tell you that it's either the best thing for you or totally pointless.
There's no magic rule for how to look after your body and what works for you.
Some diets or whathaveyou might work for some people and not for others.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:34 PM
HJJFFFAA

The criminal () makes sense. Everyone's body works differently.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:04 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I dont like cabbages in the least bit. They make you stinky and not from your sweat either.

I remember not so long ago I thought I would be cheap and use cabbage instead of lettuce to make salads. Not only did it seriously screw up the taste of my salads, but it also made me unpleasant to be around too (and I'm not talking about my attitude either).

I also fed some cabbage to my box turtles once, and they seriously stunk up their cages!
Old 08-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Smacka

All:
Please be very careful with this "diet". This type of "cabbage cleanse" was designed by a Cardiologist (do not remember his name) to drop immediate weight in obese people who needed heart surgery but were too obese to perform the procedure safely. A human being can only be on this type of diet for 6-7 weeks. Eating a cabbage diet has zero nutritional value and you WILL die of starvation after 7-weeks.

I understand, and have read that you augment the cabbage soup with some additional vegetables, etc, however, this diet plan is awful hard on your heart.

I recommend you see your doctor, eat a well balanced diet and get plenty of doctor supervised exercise. I have made the assumption that you feel you are overweight based on this extreme diet plan. The first step of any diet plan and exercise routine is a visit to the doc to make sure nothing is lurking in the depths. Then, go for it.

What you are understaking is difficult, at best, and I wish you nothing but success. Voluntary weight loss is as difficult as trying to stop drinking, smoking or drugs.

Give 'em hell!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.