Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

FEW RUNS IN MY SPOON SPORTS ITR...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 01:38 AM
dsales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FEW RUNS IN MY SPOON SPORTS ITR...

ORIGINAL: dc2 man

yeah but honda uses obviously differnt wishbone designs in fact they have the best suspension systems i think that are available today,bar the new electronic modernised stuff..lol....that results in awesome handling.

so your trying to say that there is nothing sophisticated about an nsx suspension compared to a 4x4 offroad lol

ah now man your making no sense....)

my nissan patrol has four wheels and a hood and an engine so now i suppose i can compare it to an nsx also........hahaha

your funny d-sales..
I am known to be a bit of a joker but this is no joke lol.
I know a 4x4 and a NSX are completely different things but I will say that the suspension set up and everything else in my 4x4 is more sophisticated and better set up than that of a NSX. So basically the 4x4 of today is faster than the supercar from the early 90's.
There is also a new version of the BMW X5 (my 4x4) and a X6 going to be released by the end of the year which are going round the nurburgring at 8.22. The NSX (from 1997) goes round in 8.38 with the 'R' version some 20 seconds faster.
To put the performance of the NSX into contrast with other road cars a new Mazda Speed3 will go round the ring just 1 second slower than the NSX (time set with an inexperienced driver)
A Porsche Boxter S from 1999 will go round the ring 7 seconds faster.
A Porsche 993 which has roughly the same power and weighs similar from 1993 goes round the ring at 8.28 so I guess it must have had better suspension and set up than the NSX

Also, if you look at the Nurburgring lap times pretty much all cars past 2000 with a 6 cylinder engine are faster than the NSX, there are hatchbacks going round faster than the NSX, this shows how seriously underpowered it was.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:50 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

That's why I'll stick with R32's.
You drive an R32?!
Not yet. I guess I should of have said I'll stick to liking R32's.
I'm not being funny man, but there are some much better cars than the R32 (but in the same vein, as in big engine hatches...), even though I'm a big VW fan, I have to admit, this just rapes it in every category... good luck finding one in the US though! lol...

Renault Clio V6. 3.0 NA flat 6 MID MOUNTED (yep, this hatch is a 2-seater), and RWD. This is in many car enthusiasts perfect 10 car garage... Only 230hp IIRC, but it weighs the same as a dollar bill and torque...OMG. I want one, but there isn't a single one in Greece...

Old 08-23-2009, 03:12 AM
monsterbombs

i would like to pull up next to this
patrol. [sm=punching.gif]
no matter what your in. [X(]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwFlf...eature=related
Old 08-23-2009, 08:48 AM
dc2 man
Banned

lol them lads in the middle east can do funny things to patrols......there is a patrol out there that can smoke a dodge viper lol

my patrol weighs two tonne....its the veichle i live in everyday...love it.......

mine is a 3.0turbo di bloody powerfull for what it is i have a diesel chip also added i think its 170bhp.+

i love it imo they are the proper offroad jeeps true militery style,brute and wide.......i have mine 4years and never lifted a spanner to it....

any other offroad is just a car/jeep .........[trying to look like a 4x4]

patrol proper 4x4..........imo
Old 08-23-2009, 09:01 AM
dsales

ORIGINAL: dc2 man

any other offroad is just a car/jeep .........[trying to look like a 4x4]

patrol proper 4x4..........imo
Hey now, no bullying my chelsea tractor
Its only rubbish offroad because of its low profile tyres and the tread on them is specifically for onroad driving.
Old 08-23-2009, 09:16 AM
dc2 man
Banned

d-sales nothing wrong with that machine you have WOW....that thing must be extremly powerfull ....
Old 08-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Lunchboxer

The thing about comparing the Ring time, though... I think in the hand of race car drivers / test drivers, who can use most of the horsepower, a car w/ more power will generally be "faster".. although I would not think that it means it handles better, is the better car, etc.

I bet the Exige / Elise isn't too quick around a big track.. or a Miata.. but those are probably some of the best handling cars out there..
Old 08-23-2009, 10:00 AM
dc2 man
Banned

well as your on topic about handling my dc2 is prob one of the best handling cars i have ever been in,it was good before i lowered and hardned it but now its just unbelievable.....

you could litterly take a bend at any speed with zero body roll.....its mad.............

foxys car would too be an awesome handler for a rear wheel drive.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:23 AM
dsales

It should be extremely powerful but I don't know yet, I have to drive another 200 miles before I can open the taps on it completely, then remap it to 335 bhp [>:]

Yeah, the S2000 goes round the ring just 1 second slower than the NSX. Thats very good for a soft top.

Lunchboxer, Yes I agree that power can overcome handling but I think nurburgring is pretty balanced for example the Nissan GTR went round it faster than the Veyron.
The Exige does pretty well too, it only has 218 bhp but does roughly the same time as other cars which have twice that amount of power. Also, the Porsches are right up there too on lap times and they ain't the most powerfull cars about, so stop complaining
Old 08-23-2009, 10:27 AM
dsales

DC2 going back to handling I must say that double wishbones are incredible, they eliminate all body roll and trust me I know.
The old X5 I had handled well but still had too much body roll for my liking, this new one corners better than a car and my dog likes it too as he doesn't fall about as much lol.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:42 AM
HJJFFFAA

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I'm not being funny man, but there are some much better cars than the R32 (but in the same vein, as in big engine hatches...), even though I'm a big VW fan, I have to admit, this just rapes it in every category... good luck finding one in the US though! lol...

Renault Clio V6. 3.0 NA flat 6 MID MOUNTED (yep, this hatch is a 2-seater), and RWD. This is in many car enthusiasts perfect 10 car garage... Only 230hp IIRC, but it weighs the same as a dollar bill and torque...OMG. I want one, but there isn't a single one in Greece...

Those look impossible to drive from the videos I've seen.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Foxy

They are a handful, it's common knowledge, kinda makes them more desirable if you ask me.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:08 PM
monsterbombs

when i was in northern ireland there was a
lime green clio with two 1100cc motor bike
engines on the rear wheels and a fiberglass shell.
we were racing ford fiestas at the time and they
raced this this next to a small version of an f1 car
around the track. i have never seen that acceleration
out of anything before. [X(]

i like these: golf r32.mmmm
Old 08-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Lunchboxer

We should also take into account of the tires used.. 10 yrs is a long time for the tire technology.. I bet the tires nowadays a lot stickier than before too!!

ORIGINAL: dsales

It should be extremely powerful but I don't know yet, I have to drive another 200 miles before I can open the taps on it completely, then remap it to 335 bhp [>:]

Yeah, the S2000 goes round the ring just 1 second slower than the NSX. Thats very good for a soft top.

Lunchboxer, Yes I agree that power can overcome handling but I think nurburgring is pretty balanced for example the Nissan GTR went round it faster than the Veyron.
The Exige does pretty well too, it only has 218 bhp but does roughly the same time as other cars which have twice that amount of power. Also, the Porsches are right up there too on lap times and they ain't the most powerfull cars about, so stop complaining
Old 08-23-2009, 06:41 PM
HJJFFFAA

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

That's why I'll stick with R32's.
You drive an R32?!

Wait, wait, wait. You thought I meant the Golf R32? I meant the Nissan Skyline R32, haha!
Old 08-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Lunchboxer

I knew you were talking about Skyline GT-R!!

There's a Best Motoring DVD that I got at home, where they talk about R32 vs. R33 vs. R34.. kind of interesting!
Old 08-23-2009, 10:21 PM
DarkFire989

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

I knew you were talking about Skyline GT-R!!

There's a Best Motoring DVD that I got at home, where they talk about R32 vs. R33 vs. R34.. kind of interesting!
I want that DVD.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Lunchboxer

LOL.. too bad that I don't have a webserver, or I can just put the files there and you can download.. !!

Yeah, I like those Best Motoring DVDs.. they are pretty entertaining..
Old 08-24-2009, 07:17 AM
dc2 man
Banned

yeah i got them all lol i got all the best motoring type r ledgend dvds ...god they could do with better translators though lol sometimes there translators english is so cheesy lol

a guy gets passed in an impresa by a guy driving a dc2 teg and the guy in the teg says something TRANSLATED like- "see ya wouldnt want to be ya" ........or -" good golly miss molly this impresa is all over the shop".......hahahaha god soooo cheesy........... lol lol

damm can those japs drive though....i just love when they show the shoe cam.......shoes are even cool lol

dc2

Old 08-24-2009, 07:33 AM
Foxy

You want to see mad Japs? Just search youtube for 'J's racing S2000 touge'. Awesome vid, mad drivers. There's a few vids, and the S2K loses in all of them IIRC, but in each case, it's racing much faster cars. One is a race with a Subie making around 400hp. lol. The other is against an FD, which is one of the few cars, which is both faster in a straight and faster round a corner than the S. They're still awesome vids though.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:34 PM
dc2 man
Banned

yeah i saw a few of those vids foxy awesome driving.

watch this spoon itr like mine on the track here agianst a porsche 911 and a m3 beemer.

mad vid......keep an eye on the m3 later on in the vid he goes a little pear shaped lol

crap cant find the video now.......ahh it must be removed,its an itr spoon vs porsche vs m3 on the track and the m3 ends up going up on two wheels in a hairpin.

if anybody can find this video ye are a genuis lol

it must be removed ........bummer!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:18 PM
-Inverted-

I always liked the NSX. It looks amazing. I'm also a fan of the Lotus Esprit though. The Elise is a cool little go-kart, very race inspired interior; of course no luxury amenities inside though. I'm not sold on the GT-R. I would take the R8 personally.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Lunchboxer

I think R8 weights too much... I hope they would do a lightweight sport version, w/ RWD only! That would be very interesting!

But then GT-R weights even more.. ha ha ha!!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:49 PM
HJJFFFAA

To me the R8 should be RWD with the V10. But I suppose that would be too much like the Gallardo 550-2 so I doubt we will ever see it.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:57 PM
Lunchboxer

Yeah, I don't think majority of the customers for R8s are the ones that take them to race track...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.