Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Civilization 4 for PC, only 5 dollars

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 08:43 AM
The Hedgehog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Civilization 4 for PC, only 5 dollars

Hey Guys,

If anyone likes the civilization series, it is only 5 bucks now for the version (Civ 4). Very addicting, and much better than 3 which I did not like very much. I recommend it to anyone who has a PC, it's worth a shot. The night I downloaded it the other day, I was up all night playing.

Here is the link if anyone is interested, the company is part of IGN, so it's legit.

http://www.direct2drive.com/4/309/pr...ion-4-Download
Old 09-21-2009, 08:07 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Civilization 4 for PC, only 5 dollars

I love the Civ series of games. Ever since I was a child, I played the original Civ, I remember we got it used for like $10, but I was instantly hooked and had to get Civ2, which also had been out some time too. I got that one used too, and fell even more in love with the game.
Some of the other Civ games in between? well, not too good (lame actually). Civ Test of Time and Alpha Centauri didnt do it for me at all.

Now, my most favourite Civ has to be Civ3. And when people started doing mods for it, I was hooked. To this very day, I still play Civ3, and I still search the web in hopes that someone is still making custom mods for it.

Civ4 unfortunately did not have the customized variation that Civ3 did [] If it did, I probably would play it more, but I am a bit disappointed no one has posted up any great mods like they have done for Civ3.
One of my greateset pet peeve, even though it is only a cosmetic thing, is the size of a cannon frigate next to a battleship. A battleship is easily 3times as large as a sailing cannon frigate, but in Civ4, they are exactly the same size! []