Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Micro Fast Cars - would you buy one ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 12:59 PM
elven wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro Fast Cars - would you buy one ?

If Porsche's, Vette's and others were Micro sized like the Smart car, would you buy one ?

Elven Wizard
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97801.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	1290764   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95043.jpg
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	1290765   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70846.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	1290766  
Old 10-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Eman77

Default RE: Micro Fast Cars - would you buy one ?

A Smamborghini! Sweet!
Old 10-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No offense EW, but this is a bizarre question. The chassis dynamics would be all wrong and they'd be hella dangerous to drive. Not to mention you can't get a V10 under an 8 inch hood.

I keep meaning to do one of these images with my car, but haven't got round to it yet, it's actually quite time consuming to do it properly.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:31 PM
hands without shadows

I would not buy one, because I could not afford insurance (or the car for that matter).

Wheelies and spin outs
Old 10-08-2009, 03:42 PM
Lunchboxer

Ha, would not be interested if they look like that!!

I think cars like Miata is small enough as is.. no need for these micro.. !!
Old 10-08-2009, 03:49 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

Look up the website Worth1000 where they have photoshop competitions.
It's got a couple of sections full of hilariously funny photoshopped cars.

Old 10-08-2009, 05:18 PM
elven wizard

I have to admit they do look cool. You never know the Smart car almost didn't make it to the U.S.. You might say lots and lots of crash tests.

Elven Wizard
Old 10-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

First thing I'd do if I jumped in to one of those mini cars would be to look for the coin slot

Old 10-08-2009, 08:29 PM
cmerritt

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

Ha, would not be interested if they look like that!!

I think cars like Miata is small enough as is.. no need for these micro.. !!
yeah my dad's mini cooper s works is plenty small and fun to drive. any smaller would be a deathbox.

as for the OP, no i wouldn't want one, wouldn't be fast enough. and those remind me of these. http://www.ronjuneshop.com/toys-toys...lp560-12v.html haha
Old 10-08-2009, 09:01 PM
elven wizard

Mini Cooper is small, solidly built. It is safer than most small cars. On another note the Smart car is micro sized but the price of it isn't so Micro.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:34 AM
Foxy

Youtube the top gear smart crash test, you'll be stunned what it'll survive.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:56 AM
J.D.T

some of the funnest driving you can do can be had in a mini cooper, volksy gti and my favorite short wheelbase barn burner of all time the shogun, a rear drive ford fiesta powered by a yamaha built 3.0 Super High Output motor from a taurus, between 240 and 425 horsepower usually, fun little cars
The one v 8 focus I got some seat time in wasn't finished so it was pushy, they have added a 10 point cage and braced the shock towers and such which reportedly helped alot, its now being cut and fitted with flaired wheel openings to support 285/35/18s all the way around, he plans on putting his mustang motor in it but honestly the mild built 302 in it making around 300 hp is more than enough for screwing around on the autocross track as you can throttle steer any time you want but that will remain to be seen with the big sticky rubber next year.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:11 AM
elven wizard

Speaking of Gti's how about an all wheel drive Volkswagon R32

Name:	Qn38267.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1291300   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71341.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	1291301  
Old 10-09-2009, 08:22 AM
dc2 man
Banned

VW in my opinion are soft crap........

my gf had 3 and all blew gearboxes.....last one she had 2 done underwarrenty........{besides the point i was driving it from time to time lol} still brand new cars blowing gearboxes.....and was gti....

im converting here to JAPANESE/HONDA........

most of these german built cars are overratted,including sports cars,& HUGELY OVERPRICED,i have seen even low budget sportscars like my integra type r holding up with most of them..

NO OFFENCE just my opinion here.

japs sure can build them,small engined rockets.........
Old 10-09-2009, 09:01 AM
elven wizard

Cars made strictly in Germany like of the old were the best cars. Automakers have branched themselves out gathering parts from all over to save casts instead of making it and assembling it in one place. In fact my friend's Ford and Iv'e heard this from my mechanic said Ford full size trucks that had a whining sound in the rear end, found out had to be replaced cause they were bad chinese bearing's.

Elven Wizard
Old 10-09-2009, 09:26 AM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

Yup, they might be assembled in the USA, but they are made in China and Mexico. It's ridiculous now. Want to save the country? Use parts made in the USA only!
Old 10-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Lunchboxer

Then we'd all have to drive Toyota then.. (joke)

ORIGINAL: larryf333
Use parts made in the USA only!
Seriously, though, it is hard not to outsource, I guess.. since the market is so competitive, car company is trying to squeeze every ounce out of the cost.. we all want to use stuff from US, but then, we also want to buy them at lower price.. which isn't gonna happen, so...
Old 10-09-2009, 10:38 AM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Foxy

No offense EW, but this is a bizarre question. The chassis dynamics would be all wrong and they'd be hella dangerous to drive. Not to mention you can't get a V10 under an 8 inch hood.

I keep meaning to do one of these images with my car, but haven't got round to it yet, it's actually quite time consuming to do it properly.
Ok your right foxy but how about a v8?

Old 10-09-2009, 11:44 AM
elven wizard

A auto electrician who was talking to me about the Ford Focus was telling me how the Focus is really a U.K. car. I start to think what is really totally American made these days when it comes to cars. Not to dog on Ford cause I like Ford " just the way it is" but it seems like these cars today like Ford have in them out sourced parts from all over the world. Just slap a blue oval badge with an American name on them and people think "not all" your buying American. It just doesn't seem genuine to me.

Elven Wizard
Old 10-09-2009, 12:14 PM
dc2 man
Banned

E/WIZARD

in a nutshell.

car manufactures today are like for example {{i am a builder} like builders..they will try to get the best quality products @ the best prices.

i dont care what is the name of the manufactures,they are all at it today.

its all about keeping costs down,be it to sourse the best electrics,engines,dashboards.......etc etc they will sourse the best prices oiut there with reasonable q/c { quality control}

little or any manufactures today even of the higest caliber build little if any parts themselves cause its just too expensive.

most stuff now comes from asian countries/japan ..... its the cheapest and quality is second to none.

also you got this new body fibers of old rusted cars just melted down and fibers added to cut down costs and good for envoirment etc etc.....

i think it would be very hard actually to get a genuine legitamate car that is actually built in the country of origon of manufacturer today....

maybe ferrari/porsche/lotos/lambo/massarati/jag/ austin martin/ being exceptions..........but then we are on a differnt price league arnt we.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:38 PM
dsales

Yeah all the small fords are built in the UK in Dagenham, I drive past there every week usually. It scary nowadays, there are hectares of carpark abandoned with trees and plants growing through the asphalt where there were once 1000's of fords being prepared for export. Sad how the recession is still affecting them so badly.
On another note honda and nissan are also located here to avoid the heavy tariffs they would otherwise face if they produced their cars back in asia.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:42 PM
elven wizard

Here's a perfect example -

Years ago I was restoring a 84 Pontiac Fiero just like in the pic same color. I can write a book about that car. I called the Pontiac Dealership to see what they have in stock or special order parts like starter, alternator alot of stuff. I was gonna go thru the whole car and replacing everything with new. The parts man said why dont you buy that stuff at your local parts store, I said I dont want those other name brands I only want GM AC/Delco. What I meant is I want original quality GM parts. He was honest and said AC/Delco parts are made in Mexico now, there not what they used to be, in fact Autolite, Napa or any other brand is of the same quality or if not better than AC/Dleco. He said AC/Delco used to be all American not any more. When I heard this at the time I couldn't believe it, then again I'm thinking why would he lie. Pretty sad, I think this Global ecomony has something to do with it.

Elven Wizard

Name:	Fc90175.jpg
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	1291487   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91657.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1291488  
Old 10-12-2009, 12:28 PM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

I just replaced all the control arm bushings, ball joints and tie rod ends on my 98 Oldsmobile Bravada 4x4. I got all the parts at Autozone. The bushings/ball joints that were made in the USA were obviously better built and higher quality metal/rubber was used, they were also sealed in a bag inside the box. The bushings/ball joints that came from Mexico were shabby, ungreased and just thrown in the box with nothing to protect them. I tried to get all US parts, but the parts from Mexico were the only ones I could get. I used the Mexico parts and right away one of the ball joints had to go back. I exchanged it under warranty and it's been okay so far, but we'll see how long that lasts.

PS- Only do this if you have at least 3 days to get it done and a parts store close by that offers loaner tools.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:24 PM
elven wizard

Almost myself got a Bravada. A the blazer but a plush version with leather and more goodies. I too have to do the front rubber parts on my mr2. Been looking for the best quality ones especially when it comes to ball joints and inner/ outer tire rod ends. I seem to have good luck with autozone, I will try toyota and see were there tie rod ends come from.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:14 AM
stevenservo

those cars look pretty sick but, im 6,3 doubt i would fit in one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.