Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Modern Warfare 2!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Wild YFZ 450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modern Warfare 2!!

So who else has it? I got it yesterday and its amazing. Ive been playing for a while now and its alot of fun. The care packages are soo much fun.. I can tell this game is going to be just as good if not better than 4. I love it already the graphics are amazing and gameplay is better. Online complaint is not being able to be in a chat while playing anything besides ground war and 3rd person ( Yes theres 3rd person in it ). Thats the only complaint I have. It has literally thousands of challenges..Theres so many Im not even going to prestige ( I was a 10th on COD4 ) But I am for sure not prestigeing on here.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:32 AM
DarkFire989

Default RE: Modern Warfare 2!!

Um. It doesnt come out till Tuesday? So you got it illegally?
Old 11-08-2009, 12:33 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have mine preordered at Gamestop, I'll get it when it officially launches on Tuesday. How did you get yours? I have heard that lots of people have managed to get it (real copies) early, mainly due to smaller stores that received their shipments accidentally (or intentionally) selling it earlier than the publisher wants.

Looking forward to it though. Even though the hype has been a little too much I'm sure it'll be excellent, as the first Modern Warfare was and still is.

Did you get it for PC? That's the way to go for a game like this if you have the hardware to run it.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:35 AM
DarkFire989

Im home for the weekend and I have to go to my roomates house and pick up his 360 or else I will never get a chance to play my own 360 for the next month.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:46 AM
Wild YFZ 450

ORIGINAL: sheograth

I have mine preordered at Gamestop, I'll get it when it officially launches on Tuesday. How did you get yours? I have heard that lots of people have managed to get it (real copies) early, mainly due to smaller stores that received their shipments accidentally (or intentionally) selling it earlier than the publisher wants.

Looking forward to it though. Even though the hype has been a little too much I'm sure it'll be excellent, as the first Modern Warfare was and still is.

Did you get it for PC? That's the way to go for a game like this if you have the hardware to run it.
I also pre-ordered mine there but I found out this little Mom and pop store by my house was selling it early ( they did the same for WaW). Its good, It all feels the same though, Like using different guns just doesn't seem different. It just isn't like 4....I got it for 360.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:48 AM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

Theres a a rip of it, 360 got relaes first the rip, then pc just today and became the most downloaded file, also it was released to a few states early i think nj was one of them.

I and umm others have a yea, and well be able to play online tho the name of the game should be called Hacker Hackfest 2.

Well for the pc version at least, a halo like match making system, no det servers, vac as its anti cheat and no lan option even tho its rumored to have one.

They screwed the game over huge for the pc people, and its sad as the pc user made cod what it is today, and they screwed us over.

I'll play it for the sp, but will not wroth mentioning the mp part of it... Atleast to you guys.

Gotta be one of the biggest upsets this year.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:06 AM
The Hedgehog

I'll wait to see the reviews then make a decision.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:12 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

You just have be looking when the guy is playing just so you know. Otherwise its a little face with a question mark.

http://www.psmedia.be/index.php/spec...2-live-nu.html
Old 11-08-2009, 06:23 AM
pythonfan

Theres a sick trailer out for it, thought i'd share it with you guys.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429l13dS6kQ[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429l13dS6kQ
Old 11-08-2009, 08:48 AM
ttoks

i would be gettign it tomorrow (aussie relise date is tomorrow) but my ps3 crapped itself today, still happy getting 3 years of pretty solid use out of it though.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Time for a slim.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Well I will NOT be buying this game! Infinity Ward has disabled party chat in all multiplayer games except 3 really lame ones. I only play multiplayer with my friend so they basically ruined the whole game for me right there.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Wild YFZ 450

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

Well I will NOT be buying this game! Infinity Ward has disabled party chat in all multiplayer games except 3 really lame ones. I only play multiplayer with my friend so they basically ruined the whole game for me right there.
Ground war isn't that bad and the 3rd person is actually pretty cool.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:41 PM
nothinbetr2do

come on tuesday, i can't wait to get my hands on it. i've had it pre-ordered for what seams like forever
Old 11-08-2009, 07:09 PM
ttoks

might have ruined it for one, but the idiots that yell and scream every time somthing happens ruin's it for everyone else, i'm glad they've gotten rid of it.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:59 PM
WyattSutton

It is going to FAIL miserably for PC. I was going to get it for PC but then i figured out thnere are no dedicated server support, meaning anyone can make a server. It is going to be lameeeeee. me and over 4,000,000 others are trying to boycott it by monday for PC. I sure hope it does. Really blows, thats why I got into PC in the first place. Dedicated servers. Hope IW changes their mind.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:32 PM
howlinwolph

I don't feel for any of you, I'm overseas and won't see it for another 2 weeks, and the internet is so slow here I can't even play online. I will get to finish the off line part first.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:36 PM
sheograth

Frankly I'm more interested in the single player anyway, so none of this particularly bothers me. I like multiplayer but there are lots of other good games to enjoy in that respect. I play a lot of COD: World at War online, and Left for Dead 2 is coming out soon.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Nik.

I don't like that they gimped the PC version.

-No user hosted dedicated servers. I read that all of the games are hosted by the player with the fastest internet (what the hell), lack of control over rules and settings
-No server lists, matchmaking only
-Players capped at 9vs9 so its the same as consoles
-No lean in the PC version
-No record feature
-No user created custom content or mods

fail

DLC on the PC may not be free anymore

Old 11-08-2009, 11:33 PM
sheograth

I gotta admit though, that is pretty sad the way they set up the multiplayer on PC.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Honestly this game is getting huge negative rep online from what I have read in other forums and gaming websites.

To ttoks: What? They disabled the ability to be in a private or party chat...... That makes me listen to everyone in the room yelling. Or the 10 yo kid singing hit me baby one more time or some 2pac song..
Old 11-09-2009, 07:15 PM
ELK

you can still talk to random people its just u have to change your family settings.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:31 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: WyattSutton

It is going to FAIL miserably for PC. I was going to get it for PC but then i figured out thnere are no dedicated server support, meaning anyone can make a server. It is going to be lameeeeee. me and over 4,000,000 others are trying to boycott it by monday for PC. I sure hope it does. Really blows, thats why I got into PC in the first place. Dedicated servers. Hope IW changes their mind.
Quoted for truth. I'll rent it to finish the single player in a weekend, then go back to my game of the year: Borderlands, which has taken over my life temporarily.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:55 PM
pythonfan

Enjoy these ss's guys.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:03 PM
sheograth

Just picked up the hardened edition for PS3. Controls would be better on PC but I want to play on my sexy TV

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.