Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

The names of 4 Bushmaster rifles

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 12:27 AM
rccarman81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The names of 4 Bushmaster rifles

Hi everybody, I was just wondering what model exactly these Bushmaster rifles are, I dont mean like just M4 or M16, im looking for the name Bushmaster named them.I went to their site and looked around already but the names budsgunshop.com gave me didnt really point out what Bushmaster named them, except for Name #4. These are the exact names from budsgunshop.com:

Name #1:
Bushmaster BCWA2F16SL 223 CAR SUPERLT 30 ($866)

Name #2:
Bushmaster BCWA2F16M4 223 BAY/FLS/30RD ($875)

Name #3:
Bushmaster BCWA2F16 223 BAY/FLS/30RD ($880)

Name #4:
Bushmaster AR-15 A2 M4 30 Round ($891)

Now I have kind of "decoded" what the names mean, but it still doesnt really show the exact model because there are some blanks or just areas that dont make sense. I found out that A2 is like...Well, you know, M4A1, A2, and A3. Then I found out that right after the F16 in the names, I think its supposed to be the type of gun like M16 or M4. But one is blank and the other has SL which I think stands for super light. Then 223 is the caliber .223 or 5.56. After that comes the hard stuff, I think CAR means Carbine in the first name, but I dont know what the 2nd and 3rd names mean after the caliber. So what do "BAY" and "FLS" mean?? Also, does anybody know what all the other letters mean?? Oh yeah, 30RD is the mag size I believe. Why cant all the other names just be like the 4th one... Lastly, what are the differences between the Bushmaster M4A2 and the Bushmaster M4A3?
Old 01-06-2010, 12:20 AM
IFR Pilot

Default RE: The names of 4 Bushmaster rifles

Don't worry what all those abbreviations mean. What you need to know is, what guns jam and don't jam and be ready for the next revolution, know what I mean?

Hint, AK-47, the most powerful and reliable machine gun that has ever been invented.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:36 AM
rccarman81

ORIGINAL: Moms Mistake

Don't worry what all those abbreviations mean. What you need to know is, what guns jam and don't jam and be ready for the next revolution, know what I mean?

Hint, AK-47, the most powerful and reliable machine gun that has ever been invented.
Yeah I know that, I heard that Oly's jam a lot and that Bushmasters last longer i've also heard that Bushmaster and DPMS are on par with each other and Colts just arent as good, so I decided to go with Bushmaster because all of the non-used DPMS's that i've found were more expensive than the Bushmasters. Bushamster makes a lot of rifles and I need to know what the difference is between all of them. Oh yeah, the AK-47 maybe powerful and reliable but im here for accuracy. If I want power, I will go pick up a Mossberg 900 SPX with 3" Slugs. Lol.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:16 AM
stevenservo

you said it ak-47 are powerful but the accuracy is not so great. the m4 carbine is soldier aproved all around a pretty good weapon