Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Ricer Flyby

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 04:34 PM
dudecat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ricer Flyby

Yep just cause i own a friggin v6 mustang idiots around my area in there stupid ricers always trying to get me to race them. Come on i have a whopping 200hp maybe 155rwhp and weight twice as much as there piece of **** car does. IF that ain't bad enough who will get a ticket for speeding?< yep me not them me!!!! Then there's the fart cans. God i wish who ever came up with that idea was shot on site. I drive my mustang cause i love the looks of it. I didn't buy it for the hp or to race idiots. There are alot of rice out there that are fast. Rx7 and supra come to mind. But at the end of the day i come home with an American made car vs some imported crap.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Casper06

I was going to get a Mustang when I was looking for a new car because they had just released the new body and I loved it. I wanted to check out the vibe of the community before buying it because every car has its stereo type but wow. I forget which Mustang forum it was but it had a large community. Anyways after reading their threads it was like reviewing a bunch of Elementary school kids at recess. Everything in there was I killed this and I pwnd that, blah blah blah... To this day I am still active in the Bay Area Subaru community and have made some real great friends there. We would do meets and drives weekly and never once did we street race my point is don't look at the car and type cast because when you do that you're just making yourself out to be the ass. Every car from every market has its share of jack ass drivers.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:08 PM
lee172

an excellent point there Casper..

We do have our fair share of cars modded in very bad taste, but the owners dont really race them.

ps: has anyone heard of a 'bonnet bra' there's a Golf that i see quite often with one on, it looks absolutely moronic [sm=thumbs_down.gif][sm=52_52.gif]
Old 01-29-2010, 05:54 PM
iexion

On2 Is correct, Text Book correct honestly (tho im curious how many times you've gotten challenged on that ninja).

My #1 petpev is any cavalier with a wing and forgers can exhaust. But we must remember the aftermarket industry is in the billions.(horsepower sells to anybody)
Anycar can be riced up and some can pull it off as a nice custom. Too bad 98% of them are gas powered bricks

I like Evo's and WRX STi's being they are 4 doors and have huge potential for whatever you want (drag or track). Being both cars to have a rally history and with some mods can hang with a few exotics, they are worthy of the name "pocket rocket" . Not only that but have you seen some of those cars turned into track weapons? [sm=omg_smile.gif]
Old 01-29-2010, 06:50 PM
On2_n_On4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: iexion

(tho im curious how many times you've gotten challenged on that ninja).

lol almost everytime I go for a ride. Orlando is full of ricers, there's no way to avoid them

At the same time, I have been called "a ricer" also [:-] ..... (I drive an Evo)

Old 01-29-2010, 08:35 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: Casper06

I was going to get a Mustang when I was looking for a new car because they had just released the new body and I loved it. I wanted to check out the vibe of the community before buying it because every car has its stereo type but wow. I forget which Mustang forum it was but it had a large community. Anyways after reading their threads it was like reviewing a bunch of Elementary school kids at recess. Everything in there was I killed this and I pwnd that, blah blah blah... To this day I am still active in the Bay Area Subaru community and have made some real great friends there. We would do meets and drives weekly and never once did we street race my point is don't look at the car and type cast because when you do that you're just making yourself out to be the ass. Every car from every market has its share of jack ass drivers.
Interesting you had to go into how bad Mustang owners are in my own thread, and I drive a Mustang. I never bashed Subaru, I just said this particular owner was a joke. But based on how you have to put down Mustang owners in general to make yourself feel better, you must drive a Subaru [sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 01-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Casper06

No I know you own a Mustang. I'm making a statement that it doesn't matter what car be it JDM, EDM or USDM there are jerk off drivers but there are also just guys that enjoy cars whatever they drive.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:44 PM
The Hedgehog

K I'm sorry guess I misunderstood your intentions.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:12 PM
Shabbernigdo

I drive a modded 240SX i get the fly by at least once a week
Old 01-29-2010, 11:02 PM
iexion

Just had to post this... I know its off topic but it goes with the [link=http://sd.craigslist.org/cto/1577270356.html]IDIOT DRIVERS[/link] category
Old 01-29-2010, 11:16 PM
HJJFFFAA

ORIGINAL: Shabbernigdo

I drive a modded 240SX i get the fly by at least once a week
You can't do it to yourself.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:19 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ThunderbirdJunkie thinks you are all suffering from 1994 Toyota Paseo envy.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:40 AM
The Hedgehog

What do you have done to it TBJ?
Old 01-30-2010, 12:48 AM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NOS!! [X(]
Old 01-30-2010, 01:47 AM
crustychief

In San Diego there is more rice than a vietnam paddy, I can't even begin to describe it.
http://www.riceboypage.com/

Old 01-30-2010, 02:32 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

What do you have done to it TBJ?
Replaced the fried A244E transmission with 108,000 miles on it with a better A244E transmission with 116,000 miles on it, flushed trans fluid and changed filter
Put a CV axle in it
straightened a bent wheel
Failed miserably at removing the dent in the quarter panel
Replaced trunk weatherstripping
replaced timing belt
drove it
changed oil
put a half a quart of oil in 1000 miles later
put new brakes on it
Thinking about struts and tires but it's a $200 car with about $600 into it now and really would rather sell the POS for $1800 or so and find a 98-02 Crown Vic with a blown motor for Navigator DOHC 5.4 goodness, but the Jeep is going to be undergoing some fairly major surgery in the next couple months so can't really sell it since ThunderbirdJunkie won't have a vehicle to drive unless he wants to get on his motorcycle in -10 degree weather with 20 mph winds.

That last part doesn't really sound fun.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Lunchboxer

I did that a few times.. people thought I was crazy.. !!

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie
...unless he wants to get on his motorcycle in -10 degree weather with 20 mph winds.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:47 PM
The_Shark

yeah, its not the car that makes the ricer, its the driver make it a ricer. and, mustang/camaro drivers can be the same way.

i drive a fiero, its got a wing the size of a surf board, its factory and it matches the car-this is not rice, but if i put a black and sliver bi-wing with multiple drill holes and black RTV all around- that would be rice
i would put 16inch black 5spoke rims on my car-that is not rice- but if they where spray painted black- that would be rice. i want to drop my ride 1.5 inches with a purpose made kit- if i cut 3" off of the springs and my camber is -15 and it scrapes the ground- that would be rice. i want to put a hood vent in my car about 1.5ft by 2ft 3in deep-this would not be rice- if i got a autozone hood scoop took a jigsaw and punch a hole through the roof and then paste the spray painted scoop on, that would be rice.

there is a way to make a car to look good, and then there is rice, and when ricers do have money, then it looks like a kids toy.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:53 PM
The Hedgehog

The hood vent would classify as rice, unnecessary modifications to make your car look faster, but doesn't make it go faster.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:37 PM
7M

We should all respect anyone for what they do to their cars, we all have different tatses no? I agree ricer cars look like crap, but it's a car, built by man/woman. the only thing wrong with these cars is the attitude of the the drivers. Modding cars is a fun experience, but its these senseless drivers who give the whole modding/tuning scene a bad rep. Take it to the track! A ricer is the driver, rice is any car built by the asian market. Some WRX's with the factory built EJ20 with a turbo can put down some serious potential when built. STI's on the other hand,. is one serious animal.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:05 PM
The Hedgehog

It's more than just the attitude of the drivers. If this guy never street raced and was the nicest guy on earth, I would still consider this car riced out, and since he drives it, a ricer.
Yes I know it's a joke, but you get the point.

Old 01-30-2010, 06:25 PM
Lunchboxer

^ that's mad downforce there...
Old 01-30-2010, 06:43 PM
black mamba

LOL. Most ricers are idiots, but thankfully the whole "ricer-thing" is dying in Chicago. They've all moved onto SUVs and Euro sedans.

I do have an interesting ricer story though. A couple of years ago some teenager or dude in his early 20s with the spiked hair and piercings all up and down his face was revving his fart pipe Civic at me at a light. I was in a Jeep Wrangler (TJ).....and was thinking this kid is on crack to want to race a Jeep. I thought about it for a second and saw that traffic was really light and the road was open ahead. So I revved back.....knowing this kid didn't know that my soft top/full soft door Jeep with a bare bones interior weighed about 3000lbs soaking wet and had at least double the torque and hosepower of his Civic because of my 4.0 with a mildly ported head, Hesco roller rocker arms, mid level Comp Cam, Edelbrock header, cat back Flowmaster exhaust and tuned PCM. It also has a slightly higher than stock stall Hughes torque converter in it. He had his girlfriend in the car and I knew the next few seconds were going to make this kid look like an anal clown. Short story short, I killed him off the line and he never got close to me at all. I let off soon after the Jeep hit 3rd. At the next light, homie never even looked over. I looked over and just smiled at his girl. Classic and priceless at the same time.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:51 PM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: black mamba

LOL. Most ricers are idiots, but thankfully the whole ''ricer-thing'' is dying in Chicago. They've all moved onto SUVs and Euro sedans.
Your lucky, it's going strong here still [:@]
Old 01-31-2010, 12:33 AM
7M

Thank god the scene is staring to die out here as well, it's mainly SUV's and Tmaxx's around here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.