Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

My poor BMW....Hit a deer

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 05:38 PM
bboykin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My poor BMW....Hit a deer

I live in arkansas deer are the largest population of my area of ark. You must try to find them before in front of your vehicle. The most one is the one that you do not see. Watch for the one that is not on the side of the road.l

bboy
Old 05-25-2010, 06:21 PM
matoran629

Oh that sucks. Sorry man! Hope that doesn't happen to our BMW 750Li!
Old 05-25-2010, 07:02 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: iexion
hitting deer is Very common around this area.[:@]

Sorry about the damage. she was a cute car[]
Yeah! brush guards and Rams!!

haha cute!
Old 05-25-2010, 07:29 PM
rambler53
My Feedback: (494)

It's ready for a big pipe bumper up front now, with a winch. Next time you take out the deer, and crank him up on the hood for dinner.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Willystylz

Agreed that in any rural areas you need to pay constant attention to all areas in front of you. Just this past weekend, I had a black bear stop on the middle of the road up in Haliburton. I stopped, he stopped to look at me, decided a Volvo would be hard chewing, and slowly meandered on his way. Also saw a moose just past Huntsville and a few deer (luckily none of which were on the road). The worst is up near my cottage where in the Winter there's a deer feeding yard. Here deer by the hundreds congregate and are literally all over the place. Everytime I go up I'm pretty well guaranteed to see them. Even around where I live in Barrie here, it's not unusual to see deer, especially around the farmer's fields and woodlands. The problem is you don't see one for a while, then when you least expect it.....out pops a deer and totally catches you off guard!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:03 PM
rambler53
My Feedback: (494)

Back in the 80s I lived in northern New England.
I've heard of people crashing into moose, and the giant behemoth would fall and crush the car, sometimes it's passengers as they can
weigh over 1500 lbs.
Here is one that's 10' at the shoulder in this photo, as he crosses a 8' roadway.

Be glad it was only a deer.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20822.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1442610  
Old 05-25-2010, 10:13 PM
RCER88
My Feedback: (25)

I have been to that area many times years ago. One would not expect that but it happens. As I said earlier expect the unexpected. You would not expect to see deer in a chemical plant like Dow in Midland but if you run down Waldo Road on the backside deer are EVERYWHERE! I have yet NOT to see deer down through there at ANYTIME.

Deer will go to (protected areas) like plant grounds (Amway is a large place and has wooded areas.). Because there is NO HUNTING pressure there. I get into areas like that I am even more careful because the deer have no fear and used to traffic and human scent. They are more inclined to step oput in front of you.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:19 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Deer are serious business.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:31 AM
tommygun32

Yup, so are camels.....[:@]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66435.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1442763  
Old 05-26-2010, 08:23 AM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

I live about a mile outside a state park. I drive through it every morning on my way to work so I have to pay constant attention for deer. Luckily the rangers went through and thinned the population of white-tail, so we don't have near as many crossing the street every morning. I remember a couple years ago, my son was in Kindergarten and his Mom and I were standing at the bus stop with him. We heard a loud crash and three white-tails came flying out of the woods across the street and through our yard. They missed us by about 10 feet. We almost got ran over by a deer. That's a switch.

Sorry bout the car. Looks like she's a beauty.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:46 AM
leadfootdriver

Sorry to hear about your BMW and im glad your ok must have been scary as hell. Down here in texas we have this problem alot.... I wish I had a pic but I was driving with my step-dad coming back from a 4x4 event it was close to dark we were a good ways out of the city still and a deer jumped in front of his jeep well this jeep isnt stock it has a v8 engine a six inch lift kit and 35 inch tires on chevy chyiane truck axels guess what happens next lol squish pop the way the deer looked after being run over was not pretty I have to say it was the most disgusting thing ive ever seen in my life and it was a big ole buck to and his antlers stabbed through the jeeps grill and into the radiator that was really the only damage done to the jeep but it was pretty funny I think well minus having to clean the jeep of deer guts later on
Old 05-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Casper06

Holy crap never thought about a camel. I wonder if in Africa they run into giraffes, that would cause some damage!
Old 05-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nah, giraffes have thin legs.. you can just take them out from underneath... (joke)

Anyway, got to be careful when driving!! Hope the BMW is fixed soon and back on the road!
Old 05-28-2010, 07:14 AM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

If you can't see a giraffe in front of you, then you don't need to be driving. Not even trees could block your view of that thing. I wonder if you could drive right under it???
Old 05-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

ORIGINAL: larryf333

If you can't see a giraffe in front of you, then you don't need to be driving. Not even trees could block your view of that thing. I wonder if you could drive right under it???
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJfSS0ZXYdo[/youtube]

In this thing you could LOL!
Old 05-29-2010, 08:21 PM
mechanizeddeath

hahaha i love that top gear segment