Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

I flew for the 1st time today.

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Fast Ass J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I flew for the 1st time today.

Yes I sure did and it lasted five minutes.

"note to self" lesson #1. never fly your new helicopter near a lake
"note to self" lesson #2. never fly a beginner helicopter in high winds
"note to self" lesson #3. read the instructions next time
"note to self" lesson #4. don't bother to go for a swim, the fish will make a reef out of it.

ARGH! $159.00 for a flying boat anchor. If you only felt my pain right now. I'm staying on the damn ground where I belong.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:57 PM
[email protected]

Default RE: I flew for the 1st time today.

well you cant give up now! this would make a good visa priceless commerical tho
Old 07-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Fast Ass J

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

i'm going back right now to buy another one.

practice in the house "fast crash J!!!!"

Gotta go it was fun while it lasted. getting one more. try again.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Fast Ass J

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

I got my new one and I can fly this one. Practice inside!This one is more of a beginners helicopter. It's fun! I have wanted to fly for awhile now. Now my Jato is gonna get parked I just know it. I already want to master this and move up. Being up in the air is so much better, nothing to watch out for! No cars, no kids much much better.

I'll be more careful because I had an expensive learning day today.

I put pictures in my picture gallery if anyone cares. You long time fly guys will probably laugh at it but hey I'm finally off the ground.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:35 PM
tommygun32

You're starting to worry me with this RC LURVE you've caught.......

Just ask yourself a few questions before your next purchase....can I afford it? can I afford it? can I afford it? CAN I AFFORD IT?????

"Credit" does not = "afford".......
Old 07-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Fast Ass J

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

You're starting to worry me with this RC LURVE you've caught.......

Just ask yourself a few questions before your next purchase....can I afford it? can I afford it? can I afford it? CAN I AFFORD IT?????

"Credit" does not = "afford".......
only thing bought on credit was the stuff from "Tower Hobbies" all the rest was debit , oh I can't lie now that I think of it yes I had to credit the second heli but for the most part it's all paid for.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:33 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HA! You're telling me... I'm not new to planes, but I was new to helicopters. Brand new T-rex 450 I won on ebay... tested it out in my house, apparently the esc wasn't calibrated right, hit the throttle up switch and flew it straight into a doorway arch. $90 to fix it. After I got her fixed up I went to my lhs and picked up a blade cp, easy as it gets. Still haven't touched my T-rex.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Fast Ass J

ORIGINAL: proanti1

HA! You're telling me... I'm not new to planes, but I was new to helicopters. Brand new T-rex 450 I won on ebay... tested it out in my house, apparently the esc wasn't calibrated right, hit the throttle up switch and flew it straight into a doorway arch. $90 to fix it. After I got her fixed up I went to my lhs and picked up a blade cp, easy as it gets. Still haven't touched my T-rex.
this little guy is more fun in the house. does not do so great out side even with a four mile and hour breeze. Well it flies fine goes left fine goes right fine up fine down fine depending on the operator but forward and back not so good. I thought something was wrong so I brought back in house and it flies fine. Just the breeze and a lightweight starter chopper I think.

Now I wish I had spent more time, waited, found a better place for the heli that is in the bottom of the lake! I think that rotor makes the difference even with a slight breeze.

Oh well I got toys, this thing is cool. I'll play with it on a day when the wind is dead calm or the next battery is finished because i'm chasing the dog around with it now. I feel confident enough I know what I'm doing already. This will be charge seven I think and i'm even landing it.

I better stop chasing my poor dog around, more I think of it even though it's a lightweight a blade could still take an eye out. I got a Parrot I can't stand though! HMMM

Old 07-23-2010, 08:58 PM
Fast Ass J

Awesome the wind is dead out finally and dark out. I have two flood lights. It just flew outside great (it has a blue light, constant means battery fine, flash land me fast and flashing green and red lights.). I went high enough and over my 1 1/2 story roof! I could have landed it up there but I got the hell out before the battery puked.
Oh my god i'm hooked. alright enough of my little wimpy starter heli. I'll play with this for hours. Watch for tomorrows headlines in here. Glow next? Yeah I wish, I gotta learn that rotor next.
You know whats funny? I hate flying but it's o.k as long as I can stay on the ground.