Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Were Were you 9 years ogao on 911 ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Radioman193

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Were Were you 9 years ogao on 911 ?

I woke up late and turned the tv on CNN as Normal
and it was 8:50am. and I was Horrified at what i was watching ..

I stayed home all that day watching CNN ...
My Tv did Not go off or off CNN for 3 days after that.

And to this day i can play back EVERY moment of that day.

Im a Man but on that day i Did shed tears..........

I know I will NEVER forget 911 and all the people lost on that day.

May God rest there soules ..................
Old 09-11-2010, 02:35 PM
wolfie1

Default RE: Were Were you 9 years ogao on 911 ?

me and my g/frien was having this very conversation the other night, she was travelling and i was in my flat!
Old 11-24-2010, 09:36 PM
moe7404

i was at work. my boss came around and said if i was afraid i could go home. you see i was 200 yards from a air force base. i stayed at work. the first time i heard what was going on i thought it was a joke. i cant say what i think of the people that did that to us.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:19 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thread moved to All Forums >> RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more >> Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more

Ken
Old 11-25-2010, 11:24 AM
warheadforever

I was in a hotel room on vacation, getting ready to go out, and to see the weather report.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW8puRqE4Sc&feature=related[/youtube]

God speed to all who have lost their lives, there is no regret, no price to high to pay, for their lives.
They will be forever remembered.

To this day, it still brings a tear to my eye, I will never forget, but sadly, it seems like others have.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:31 PM
lee172

I was in my front room, i caught the first one just after it happened, i saw the second one as it happened, i also watched the towers fall, very surreal and upsetting.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:39 PM
jikkuria

I was at elementary school when it happened, though i never found out about it until after i got home. All the teachers at school had a very worried look, though they didn't tell us why.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

I was in the 5th grade and caught the second plane as it hit. My mom forced me to go to school. When we got there all we did was watch the news the whole day.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:09 PM
FahrtAutoRC

I was in algebra. Asleep. I woke up and at first thought we were watching a movie and was like ***? Then reality sank in and I found I had woken up just in time to see the second plane hit. I shed no tears but theres reasons for that. Now my lil bro is over there on his second tour and Im stuck sitting here wondering why they wouldnt let ME go fight....
Old 11-25-2010, 01:20 PM
1320Fastback

I had just moved into a house and had no TV or Internet. Didn't find out till my wife's friend called and told her but she was kind of unreliable and a space case so we didn't believe her. Eventually drove to a friends and watched CNN for a few hours, this is after both the towers had already fallen.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:23 PM
ELK

i was on the school bus going to school, when we turned around once we got to school to go home. i think i was in 1st or 2nd grade back then.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:50 PM
tommygun32

I was at work in Dubai, we had just launched the first of four radio stations we were working on. It was just after 4 or 5 in the afternoon. I was in the news room teaching the new news guys how to write and present their news. We had about 7 tv monitors and I noticed that suddenly they'd all switched to the NYC feeds. It was about 1 minute after the first plane hit.

The station was so new there weren't really any presenters on at that time cause they were in training as well.

Within about 2 minutes all the staff (just over 40 at the time) were crammed in the news room watching the screens and listening to the feeds.

I just stared at the screen and said "Osama Bin F%&^$#@ Ladin!!". Just then the 2nd plane came around and I actuall remember thinking that that plane had probably been directed there to report to air traffic control about the situation. Then we watched it plow into the 2nd tower.

Everyone was in such a shock, it took me like just over 5 minutes to realize...Damn!!! Someone get on air and start reporting what the hell is going on. I couldn't do it 'cause the station is Arabic and I don't speak it.

I grabbed the head of news and shoved him into the studio. He went on air and for the next 5 hours we were broadcasting just the news, running back and forth from the news room to the studio giving him updates and more info as it was coming in. He was also taking live calls during the time.

Keep in mind, I was the only Westerner out of all these people. Everyone else was Arabic from all different countries from the ME.

Sometime after 8pm I called it a day and left it to the other guys to carry on. I had been so busy running back and forth and telling people what to do, I hadn't had time to really feel anything (other than a whole lot of anger).

I walked out of the office building and just about collapsed. I couldn't even walk. I sat down on a low wall in front of the main entrance and broke down. Within 10 seconds there were about 5 people around me, hugging me, trying console me, etc. I didn't even look up but could tell from the voices there was 1 Britt, 1 Aussie, 1 South African and 2 local Emiraties trying to help me out, consoling me, etc.

The next day back at work I started hearing stories from some of the staff that lived in the Emirate of Sharjah, right next door to Dubai, about how they saw people dancing and celebrating in the streets, handing out sweets and stuff....basically celebrating what had happened. These people weren't Locals, they were from other Arab countries.

That was the closest I came to leaving Dubai, it so pissed me off to hear that.

Just this summer I took my family on our summer holiday to NYC. We were able to visit ground zero and walk through the church and the remeberance center. It was very moving, painful, agonizing, emotional.....words can't describe it really. But I felt I had finally come full circle in a way. Still wells me up remembering it though.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:37 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

i was in bed asleep. i had graduated high school 3 months earlier. when i got up and went stumbling down the hallway and passed the doorway to the living room on my way to the bathroom. my mom stopped me and gave me the cliff notes of what happened. interesting stuff to wake up to and think about while you take your morning leak.
spent the rest of the day hanging out in the garage and playing video games
Old 11-26-2010, 09:30 AM
dalolyn
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was on my way to Omaha Ne with my wife Mother in-law and daughter .Mom was having hip surgery at the University Hospital. They were all asleep and I woke them telling them a passenger jet hit one of the twin towers. Mom Piped uo and said " it was probably that damn Ben Laden" Later in the morning as the doctors were prepping mom she was telling us to go home because Busch was at SAC. The surgeon kept on telling everyone I don't want to know anything till after my day is over.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:40 AM
MX240
My Feedback: (4)

Wow, I woulder how/why this subject is even on the site.
Anybody remember the Oklahoma bombing? Sure don't see or hear about that one and I am sure the survivors didn't get millons of dollars.
And now we are in another war (Vietnam type) and have lost up to six thousand good boys and girls.
As a combat veteran from the sixties it pains me for the lose and those deprived of their youth.
Sorry for the vent!
Old 11-26-2010, 10:30 AM
buggyboy2010

+10! Agreed.

ORIGINAL: MX240

Anybody remember the Oklahoma bombing? Sure don't see or hear about that one and I am sure the survivors didn't get millons of dollars.
And now we are in another war (Vietnam type) and have lost up to six thousand good boys and girls.
As a combat veteran from the sixties it pains me for the lose and those deprived of their youth.
Sorry for the vent!
Old 11-26-2010, 10:33 AM
[email protected]

was under a car pulling transmission out at work when a sales dude said, yo Pat! a plane just crashed into the world trade center. I was like wow! cleaned up a little went into the tv room then the second plane hit. everyone in the room went quit like real quit. I said we are being attacked this cant be good. down town philadelphia was a ghost town everyone was sent home schools sent kids home then the crazy thing was to see f16 falcons flying cover over philadelphia because that was all that was in the air. to see all the air planes at the air port on the ground like that was like mind blowing.

on a side note the sad part about all that is that we lost. we are less free then we were before all in the name of safty. are goverment is in fear all the time and they push that fear on every day people. "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
Old 11-26-2010, 10:56 AM
The_Shark

i was in middle school, principal on the intercom, in a unsettling, weeping voice instructed the teachers to turn on the news, i was horrified, it felt like a bad dream, and i couldn't believe what is happening. we where all dismissed from school.

my home was quiet that day.

god bless their souls and their families.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:03 AM
warheadforever

Like I said, I was in a hotel room, weighting for the weather to come on and saw the first plane hit live....... Just unbelievable, yea, there was FA18 hornets fly where I was, is was scary, but we have lost many rights as Comerford has stated..

Also, I am sooo mad at ABC, they were talking about that commie mikel jaction again....and put the fact that 3 more of our boys to a tiny like scrolling bar at the bottom of the screen!!! What on earth is up with that! They deserve so much better then that, it makes me sick watching news now.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:22 PM
tommygun32

That was actually my first thought.

However I still chose to reply with my experiences....

And yes, I remeber Oklahoma, Atlanta, WACO, Columbine, US Embassies in Africa, Mogadishu, USS Cole, Sunday Bloody Sunday, a Monday Morning in San Diego, Fire Base XYZ, etc.......

The reason it is here is that the OP posted in the wrong forum thread and it was moved to this "OFF TOPIC" forum by a mod. And this is an off topic subject.

I think the more studied question would be, "Why was this even posted more than 2 months or so after the anni....????"

Is someone trying to stir something up??? Or is someone trying to troll on a very personal level???

Good luck.

ORIGINAL: MX240

Sorry for the vent!
Old 11-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Lightfoot
My Feedback: (1)

The original post was made 9/11/2010 2:16 PM. What more appropriate time to make the post?

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

I think the more studied question would be, ''Why was this even posted more than 2 months or so after the anni....????''
Old 11-26-2010, 08:44 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I was either getting ready for work or getting ready to go to school. I could not remember. I just remembered tat every channel erupted into news flashes and they showed one of the buildings already struck by a jetliner.

I think I called in sick to work or school; I was glued to the TV for the rest of the day.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:04 PM
gonggongboy

I remeber walking into my first grade class and we were listening to the radio when the radio station announced it... Every class in the school turned the tv on we watched it the rest of the day
Old 11-27-2010, 03:46 AM
tommygun32

I stand corrected. Thank you Lightfoot.

ORIGINAL: Lightfoot

The original post was made 9/11/2010 2:16 PM. What more appropriate time to make the post?

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

I think the more studied question would be, ''Why was this even posted more than 2 months or so after the anni....????''
Old 11-28-2010, 04:02 AM
IFR Pilot

If 9/11 blows your mind, you don't wanna know that happened in the last 800, million, trillion years.

Food for thought.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.