RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/)
-   -   off-topic...what other hobbies do you have? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/11401655-off-topic-what-other-hobbies-do-you-have.html)

Jetdktr 02-08-2013 06:12 PM

RE: off-topic...what other hobbies do you have?

ORIGINAL: phmaximus

Im a huge car guy and i love my V8's...
I could've had a V8

SyCo_VeNoM 02-08-2013 06:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Jetdktr

I could've had a V8
here
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...able_juice.JPG

sorry couldn't resist :D

ovationdave 02-08-2013 06:31 PM

Radio control everything, Fly fishing,Fly Tying, ATV'ing (we went to west virginia this year with 14 guys.....good time), Restoring a 1928 motorcycle, camping, and I have played guitar for a long time, so I have a home-recording studio (but haven't done anything for years with it). I had a motorcycle I loved until a deer took me out and broke 4 ribs, but I am looking for a replacement now...........geeze, I have too many hobbies.

dave

phmaximus 02-08-2013 06:36 PM

Have u guys ever tried out Live For Speed?
I use to clock a few hours on that. Its got the Mose realistic physics for a racing game I've played... Little bit basic compared to other games tho.

t-max97 02-08-2013 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: ovationdave

Radio control everything, Fly fishing,Fly Tying, ATV'ing (we went to west virginia this year with 14 guys.....good time), Restoring a 1928 motorcycle, camping, and I have played guitar for a long time, so I have a home-recording studio (but haven't done anything for years with it). I had a motorcycle I loved until a deer took me out and broke 4 ribs, but I am looking for a replacement now...........geeze, I have too many hobbies.

dave
We started fly fishing last year when we went to the white river in Arkansas trout fishing, It's harder than a spinning reel but fun. I also have a fly tying kit and Ive tried a few times but not very much yet.

Have u guys ever tried out Live For Speed?
I use to clock a few hours on that. Its got the Mose realistic physics for a racing game I've played... Little bit basic compared to other games tho.
Ive never played it.

djohnstone 02-08-2013 08:06 PM

Driving my 2006 Porshe 911 4S cabriolet. Way too much fun, but only in nice weather!

t-max97 02-08-2013 08:34 PM

ORIGINAL: djohnstone

Driving my 2006 Porshe 911 4S cabriolet. Way too much fun, but only in nice weather!
Yeah yeah whatever porche, pinto same thing. :)

Sessholvlaru 02-08-2013 09:42 PM

Shooting, rocketry, video games, computers, fishing, reading, history, science, art, etc. Just a few.

hairy46 02-08-2013 10:42 PM

Do darts in winter. Blackpowder shooting throw hawk and knife tournaments. Raced rc cars. Replaced with full scale racing sold my cars had six, fuel parts got to spendy so got out love to tinker so flying fit the bill.

Foxy 02-09-2013 01:34 AM

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM
I've also been thinking of trying startrek online as its now free to play
STO is great I played it quite a lot but as of about 6 months ago endgame was somewhat boring and other players were TRAGICALLY bad. I had a lot of fun with it for a month or two and like u say it's free, nothing to lose. :)

Foxy 02-09-2013 01:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Jetdktr

I could've had a V8
But then you took an arrow to the knee?

cordell staker 02-09-2013 04:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Woodcarving

fly210sv 02-09-2013 05:06 AM

Cordell, nice job!

patfairlane 02-09-2013 05:29 AM

NOW THATS COOL....

wojtek 02-09-2013 09:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:D:D

too many hobbies :D too little time [&o]

~V~

gueroaero 02-09-2013 09:24 AM

Motorcycling (I ride every day to work and school) and I'm an avid shooter and gun hobbyist :)</p>

avidflyguy 02-09-2013 09:28 AM

currently building an experimental/homebuilt plane #2, fishing and flying rc planes, motorcycling, snowmobiling and trying to keep my filipino wife happy:D

t-max97 02-09-2013 09:36 AM

Nice wood carvings cordell!

ORIGINAL: wojtek

:D:D

too many hobbies :D too little time [&o]

~V~
Love that jet!, everyone has some pretty cool hobbies.

Ttam Says Blarg 02-09-2013 09:54 AM

Other than rc. I skate, surf, snowboard, video editing, draw, mountain bike, xbox, pc gaming and practically any sport. Im Matt and all the other guys are the homies. I did all the filming to.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zWMpw68sc4&list=UU03mJgI5wkLJShn2zDsnd9A& index=6[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NBpsyFDWq0&list=UU03mJgI5wkLJShn2zDsnd9A& index=8[/youtube]

t-max97 02-09-2013 10:06 AM

Nice video's! I would love to try snow boarding but it hardly ever snows here.[:o]

OldScaleGuy 02-09-2013 10:13 AM

Trying :D to play guitar is the #2 hobby.

Warbird40 02-09-2013 10:34 AM

I enjoy target shooting. I own a customized XD9 and a couple of Glocks. I love my G34. I also own a Chevy Nova with a Small Block 400 with forged internals, ported heads, custom cam and Holley double pumper (currently doing the wet sanding and getting it ready for paint)

t-max97 02-09-2013 12:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Warbird40

I enjoy target shooting. I own a customized XD9 and a couple of Glocks. I love my G34. I also own a Chevy Nova with a Small Block 400 with forged internals, ported heads, custom cam and Holley double pumper (currently doing the wet sanding and getting it ready for paint)
I like painting stuff but I hate the prep work lol, I just came in from wetsandind an rc boat getting ready for paint.

SyCo_VeNoM 02-09-2013 12:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM
I've also been thinking of trying startrek online as its now free to play
STO is great I played it quite a lot but as of about 6 months ago endgame was somewhat boring and other players were TRAGICALLY bad. I had a lot of fun with it for a month or two and like u say it's free, nothing to lose. :)
Tried it last night so far I'm liking it somewhat just controls are kinda clunky
also I love how it has xbox controller setup for flying the ship, but lacks weapon, and impulse engine controls... and I don't see any way to assign em either...
kinda aggravating how it seems everything in the game costs real cash too...
I've played a few micro transaction games, but this one every single screen has things to but for real cash it seems

My buddy is trying to get me to play EVE online, but I don't want another monthly reoccurring sub based game

t-max97 02-09-2013 12:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I used to be a very serious gamer (PC mainly, but I also own every mainstream console ever produced) competing in worldwide competition at FPS (Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 mainly), at one time I was ranked top 3000 in the world at both.

I also dabble in photography and a lil bit o RC. lol :)

Lately, I'm playing Borderlands 2 DLC, Skyrim (modded), Grand Theft Auto 4 (modded).
I just realized something, you said you where a serious gamer but you don't play club penguin!?! :D not really